I hope you could update whether BlackBerry able to repair your PB or they will replaced it with new one only.
    I'm having the same crash start-up issue though that was caused by depleted battery juice.
    Yes I will definitely keep this thread updated to let you know the progress. At the moment (Sunday) I am waiting for my PB to be collected for repair or replacement, hopefully tomorrow.
    afzzainizzam likes this.
    10-27-13 09:32 AM
    Wel, BB were as good as their word so far. Today a FedEx van pulled up with a package containing a pre-paid envelope, cardboard packaging and instructions for summoning FedEx back as soon as my PlayBook is ready to go. Just about to get that done.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    10-28-13 01:28 PM
    Update Wednesday 30th Oct, 3pm from the UK: FedEx have collected my PlayBook. The only hitch was that the person who took my original repair request took down my email address incorrectly, so I never received the email containing my Return Material Authorisation (RMA). Anyway I phoned BB Customer Support on 0800 096 2805, quoted my PB serial number and the customer support lady checked my enquiry info. Within seconds she had all the info at her fingertips, corrected my email data and sent the RMA immediately. This .pdf document had to be printed out and put in with the package.

So far I'm impressed and my PB is now on its way to the repair centre in Germany.

Note of caution -if they determine that the fault is mine (eg mistreating the device, broken screen etc) I could be in for a hefty bill. However during my initial phone call to Support I was told that based on what I said about the fault symptoms, it would be repaired or replaced free of charge, so I hope Blackberry keep their word.
    10-30-13 01:00 PM
    I don't believe they will go ahead with the repair and try to bill you. They will tell you the cost to fix the issue if they are blaming you for the damage and you have the option to say Yeah or Nay. If you say nay, I think you have to pay for the return shipping of the unrepaired device.

Not likely the fault has anything to do with your use/abuse. Definately sounds RIM related. Enjoy your replacement playbook
    10-30-13 01:15 PM
    Update Wednesday 6th November, 3pm, I've received and email saying that my repaired PlayBook has beeb despatched and will be back with me this coming Friday.
    11-06-13 12:47 PM
    Update Wednesday 6th November, 3pm, I've received and email saying that my repaired PlayBook has beeb despatched and will be back with me this coming Friday.
    Nice! I still wouldn't be supprised if it is a replacement unit. You'll have to let us know.
    11-06-13 01:07 PM
    I have just received my PlayBook back from BlackBerry's repair centre in Germany. It is the original, not a replacment, although it looks absolutely as new, complete with protective stickers. Fired it up, connected to the 'net, works perfectly. All free of charge.

I am seriously impressed with BlackBerry's after-sales service. This is what makes me want to continue using their products

For the record, my Z10 has worked flawlessly since I acquired it on 4th February this year, so I am very happy with that too.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    11-08-13 07:30 AM
    Sadly my PB is more tha 2 years and BlackBerry local support here not so good as Europe. It would be nice if BlackBerry could enlightenment us what cause the PB boot halfway. Is it software? Or hardware? So sad to see my PB has been dead for almost 6 month already.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 10:27 AM
33 12