I downloaded an album from online directly to the PlayBook a while ago, and now can't seem to remove any of the tracks (mp3's), including the album cover image, by any means. I have tried deleting it through the PB music app, PB file manager, a 3rd party file manager on PB, usb connected file manager on computer, and usb connected - BB desktop manager. All failed. Basically getting an "unable to delete file" error. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    10-16-12 03:05 PM
    Please name the apps you used.

I suggest a 3finger reboot (hold vol +, power, vol - till you it reboots. If you hear a click you're doing it wrong), followed by AIR Browser to delete files.
    10-16-12 03:32 PM
    These file are probably "read only" files, there is no way to delete them on the Playbook, you have to do a complete wipe if you want them gone.
    10-16-12 04:58 PM
    Thanks guys. The full reboot I did prior to post reaped zero reward. Not sure what apps you're referring to that were used, but standard PB music app, standard file manager, as well as Air Browser were used in my attempt to delete. I was hoping to avoid the wipe, but I fear it will be my ultimate resort. I'll see what else comes to mind over the next day or two before I hit up Mr clean. Cheers
    10-16-12 11:12 PM
    I think they meant - what program was used or how did you download the mp3 files that you can't erase? Torrent? Music store? Another web site? Other?

I know that I've read that some folks have run into files they can't erase that were part of a zip archive and once unzipped, they could not erase those files.
    10-17-12 01:19 AM
    I believe it was straight from the datpiff site, via the PB. Yeh, they're stuck; wiping tonight. Thanks, all!
    10-17-12 10:44 AM
    I believe it was straight from the datpiff site, via the PB. Yeh, they're stuck; wiping tonight. Thanks, all!
    FWIW, I downloaded a couple of "Mix Tapes" from that site. They were downloaded as ZIP files. I had no problem extracting a couple of files from the ZIP file using ES File Explorer, and also had no problem deleting these extracted files, plus the original ZIP file, again using ES File Explorer.
    10-17-12 11:55 AM
    May I suggest you call rim? First, I would guess there is a fix for it that they might know about. Second, I'm really interested to see what the cause is.
    10-17-12 01:00 PM
    Appreciate the suggestion z, but had no time or patience for RIMs trouble-tickets and two hour calls this week. The wipe was refreshing
    10-19-12 07:09 PM
    May I suggest you call rim? First, I would guess there is a fix for it that they might know about. Second, I'm really interested to see what the cause is.
    The cause is files with the read-only flag set, so u download a zip which contains read-only files, you extract them and then there is no way to delete them, its a feature (protecting read only files) with unintended consequences.
    11-21-12 07:34 AM