There have been some recent and very spontaneous problems with my BBPB. All these problems have come all at once. The thing simply will not turn ON using the power button...but it will turn OFF using the power button. It also only turns on when there is a power source plugged in and only then it turns on because the power supply turns it on; power supply.

I am ASSUMING that its not the power button and something wrong with the software or firmware. I have wipe it clean and still nothing... can any one help?

i've had it since the end of last November
    Its OS version 2.0.1.358

Do i can RIM?

TL;DR the power button will not turn on my BBPB no matter what i do but it will turn it off; even when charged.
    08-19-12 08:38 PM
    Did you upgrade the OS last week or so?

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    08-19-12 08:49 PM
    Like F2 said, maybe you should call RIM support. If you have already reinstalled the OS and nothing changed, you might have to take RIM up on their warranty.
    08-20-12 12:00 AM
    There have been some recent and very spontaneous problems with my BBPB. All these problems have come all at once. The thing simply will not turn ON using the power button...but it will turn OFF using the power button. It also only turns on when there is a power source plugged in and only then it turns on because the power supply turns it on; power supply.

I am ASSUMING that its not the power button and something wrong with the software or firmware. I have wipe it clean and still nothing... can any one help?

i've had it since the end of last November
    Its OS version 2.0.1.358

Do i can RIM?

TL;DR the power button will not turn on my BBPB no matter what i do but it will turn it off; even when charged.
    Why don't you try downloading the 2.1.84 beta and see if that fixed your problem. I've been on it since it came out and so far haven't had an issue. Might be worth a try.
    08-20-12 06:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD