good day,

I am curious whether or not someone has a soultion to this issue:

I'm in the Playbook startup mode and I'm trying to establish the wifi connection. As I enter my password the "connect" button only becomes available when the fifth character of the password is entered. However, my internet password is 8 characters in length ?

- Changing the wireless router's password to a 5-character password doesn't seem like the most customer-friendly solution.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Thank you for your time.
    01-24-12 08:26 AM
    Can't you continue typing your password without using enter after the 5th character? Not sure I get what you are saying.

BTW my password/key is 14 characters long.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 01-24-12 at 08:43 AM. Reason: add
    01-24-12 08:40 AM
    Yeah, if you entered the whole 8 characters does the "connect" button get disabled? If not why not just enter the whole password and connect?
    01-24-12 08:43 AM
    I'll clarify my original post. As I enter the 8 characters of my password, the only time that the connect key is an option is after the fifth character is pressed.

Upon furhter experimenting, the connect key becomes available when a 13th character is entered in the password field. 14 characters and beyond - no connect key.

According to the Blackberry tech support phone rep.... since I have a WEP encrypted internet, the password has to be 5 or 13 characters long.

Why is that my other wireless devices in the home don't need a 5 or 13 character long password in order to connect to wifi ?
    01-24-12 09:58 AM
    Perhaps there's a confusion between actual WEP keys and pass phrase some routers support to generates WEP keys from.
    01-24-12 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD