Hi Everyone. I am trying to set up Playbook wifi sharing to transfer files from PC to Playbook. However, I am always trumped by the computer throwing up a "Enter Network Password -enter password to connect to:192.168.1.101" dialog box that asks me for user name and password. I just do not know what information it is requesting. My router IP address is 192.168.1.101 and this is the same for the Playbook. But when input username and security key for wireless network I get an error. Been trying for more than a year with endless internet searches for an answer. Hope someone can help.
    05-11-14 05:56 PM
    Are you sure that you're entering the correct IP address? I didn't know routers have an ip address- they assign addresses. To find your PB's address, go into settings, then "About", then change the dropdown menu fron General to Network. Your address should show in the IPv4 box (minus the grayed out numbers). Then check to see if you've set up a password for wifi sharing, under settings/Storage and Sharing/Password Protect. If all else fails, you can transfer files wirelessly by going the other way, i.e., accessing your PC from your PB. This can be done using Ghost Commander's (free in app world) windows share feature or other apps with the same feature.
    05-11-14 06:26 PM
    Routers have an internal WAN address. Here is an url that might help.

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/w...uteripaddr.htm

OP might get more help if he would specify brand and model of the router.
    05-11-14 09:05 PM
    As an example here is the reference telling you how to log on to Netgear routers.

http://portforward.com/default_usern...rd/NetGear.htm
    05-11-14 09:29 PM
    Many of you who afe concerned about security on your wifi network may find this short video interesting.

johnreid likes this.
    05-12-14 09:58 AM
    05-12-14 11:10 AM
    Thanks to everyone for the quick responses. I have not tried them yet so I cant report back. My router is a Linsksys WRT54G. I cannot speak for other routers as I have very limited experience but this router uses an IP address. Thanks again. Will report back as soon as I try the suggestions.
    05-12-14 12:53 PM
    Reference on LinkSys wrt 54g:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/linksy...t-password.htm

Believe the OP said his router address was 192.168.1.100 ,
    This does not checkwith my reference.
    05-12-14 01:35 PM
    do you have a password set on your playbook. ?
    also the user is in the pb info section
    05-12-14 10:10 PM
    Hi Everyone. I am trying to set up Playbook wifi sharing to transfer files from PC to Playbook. However, I am always trumped by the computer throwing up a "Enter Network Password -enter password to connect to:192.168.1.101" dialog box that asks me for user name and password. I just do not know what information it is requesting. My router IP address is 192.168.1.101 and this is the same for the Playbook. But when input username and security key for wireless network I get an error. Been trying for more than a year with endless internet searches for an answer. Hope someone can help.
    Since you haven't responded in the past 2 days I'll assume you found the problem but if you haven't...
    The first thing you have to do is find the correct IP address for your Playbook in the WiFi settings.
    There are some good instructions here.

You say that your router's IP is 192.168.1.101. If that is the case then the IP address for your Playbook can't be 192.168.1.101. The point of IP addressing is to supply each device with a unique number.
    05-14-14 04:48 AM
    Hello everyone, I have the same problem with wi-fi sharing password. User and passwords doesnt work. I have access to view .certs and .media folders from my PC. But I cant access them. The strange thing is, in playbook I am able to activate sharing password (by puting the user password) but I cant modify it, always shows me a "wrong password" message when I put the old password prior to a new one. Its doesnt makes sense. Maybe the sharing pass its different to the user pass.
    If that its the situation any clue how to modify - deactivate sharing password? Needs to wipe out the playbook ?
    Thanks in advance!
    edit: I have a different pass for wifi sharing its works perfect, thanks you anyway,
    Last edited by mochuelo; 05-19-14 at 08:03 PM.
    05-18-14 08:42 PM