Has anybody else had the following issue after updating to OS 2.1.0.1526

I finally decided to update my two year old 64g Playbook (2 in about a months time) to the latest OS update having not updated it in well over a year. I don't back it up as i don't keep anything important on it as i just use it for videos, email etc.

Up to immediately before the update my Playbook was working 100% with no complaints, why i decided to update i cant really say -but i'm sorry now

Anyway i did the update and all went well or so i taught, but unfortunately my WiFi would no longer connect to any network (3 networks available in my house). I figured it was an update glitch as happens and did a security wipe and reloaded the update - still no joy.

I was now stuck on the initial setup WiFi screen and unable to connect or move past this screen.

Not to disheartened i used cfp to wipe and re-install an earlier OS (2.1.0.1032) with the hope that this would get the WiFi working but still no joy and still stuck on the initial setup WiFi screens

So i now have a glorious blue night light for my efforts

Any thoughts on anything else i can try, RIM not interested as its just two years old so i'm hoping for some true crackberry insperation people
    06-17-13 07:34 AM
    Restart your router. Just unplug it and plug it back in.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    06-17-13 08:45 AM
    Restart your router. Just unplug it and plug it back in.
    Sorry James its not a router issue, tried several different options on my 3 routers with no change to the playbook

Sent from my HTC One S using CB Forums mobile app
    06-17-13 08:51 AM
    I guess I'd try hitting a McDonalds or public library or other public wifi and see if that does it. Maybe 3 routers is overwhelming it or its choices????

I don't know enough about routers to suggest making changes to it/their settings. Yes, I realize it worked before but on initial setup it must be running into some log jam.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    06-17-13 08:58 AM
    Taught about that F2, i have tried numerous setups on my routers including only having one running with no security and with just b then g then n as options still no joy

Leaning towards the firmware for the WiFi not loading properly following the update.

Does anybody know if I can split out the WiFi controls from an update pack and just installing that using cfp?

06-17-13 09:15 AM
    Why don't you try doing a debrick rather than messing around with cfp?
    06-17-13 09:44 AM
    Why don't you try doing a debrick rather than messing around with cfp?
    Same result when you debrick it. It brings you to the initial setup screens where unfortunately you can't pass the WiFi screen as a WiFi connection is required to agree to the eula and it still won't connect to a WiFi network so still stuck.

Thanks for the suggestions so far keep them coming

06-17-13 09:53 AM
    3 finger salute, somewhere with free wifi, though it against the wall?
    06-17-13 10:02 AM
    Interesting, perhaps try using cfp to load OS 2.0?

Have you tried connecting to Wifi networks outside your house?
    06-17-13 10:07 AM
    not entirely sure how you would test it but is it posssible that the WiFi radio has gone? before it bricked did it find the networks and just wouldn't connect or could it not even find the networks?
    06-17-13 10:16 AM
    3 finger salute, somewhere with free wifi, though it against the wall?
    A very interesting solution and very appealing and it may yet come to pass

Interesting, perhaps try using cfp to load OS 2.0?

Have you tried connecting to Wifi networks outside your house?
    I have tried loading several different OS earlier than 2.1.0.1032 but all give the bricked status lights

McDonald's is on the cards for the morning, worth a shot at this stage.

not entirely sure how you would test it but is it posssible that the WiFi radio has gone? before it bricked did it find the networks and just wouldn't connect or could it not even find the networks?
    Had a similar idea don't know how I would test it either but the WiFi was working 100% no issues and would connect to any network almost instantly, then I upgraded now I have none

06-17-13 11:46 AM
    sounds like it's an OS issue then but might be worth either a tech inclined friend or a sympathetic repair shop to see if they can crack it upen and see if the physical radio unit appears to be in working order.

let us know if you find a solution or post pics of it's ultimate demise..
    06-17-13 12:17 PM
    Can you hotspot it?

Via Zeppelin 10
    06-17-13 12:22 PM
    Can you hotspot it?

Via Zeppelin 10
    Tried an open hotspot from my phone and it won't pick that up either

06-17-13 12:46 PM
    sounds like it's an OS issue then but might be worth either a tech inclined friend or a sympathetic repair shop to see if they can crack it upen and see if the physical radio unit appears to be in working order.

let us know if you find a solution or post pics of it's ultimate demise..
    Pretty tech savy already have it open and tried the 64 gb board in the shell of my working 16gb playbook with all the same results and I tried 16gb board in the 64 gb shell and it connects fine so I'm going firmly with its a software issue following the update.
    I think a large bang is in its near future will post a vid if it dies that way

06-17-13 12:49 PM
    I ran into the same issue when I updated as well. This was only an issue with b and g bands. When hooking to an N band there were no problems. Try using with a newer N band wifi.
    06-17-13 06:17 PM
    Do you have something you could take pictures of screen with and post? Have you tried using the Desk Top Manager. If you can get to the wifi manager on the pb something must work. Is it showing your saved networks? You went to macdonalds and the pb did not show this open netwotk on the list to allow you to try and join it? Early in the first post sounds like you were seeing them but couldn't join. But now you don't even see them?
    Last edited by jpash549; 06-17-13 at 07:13 PM.
    06-17-13 07:02 PM
    stuck over here.....what can i do...?

PlayBook wifi not connecting after latest OS update 2.1.0.1526-20131226_203724.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails PlayBook wifi not connecting after latest OS update 2.1.0.1526-20131226_203724.jpg  
    12-26-13 06:42 AM
    Is there any wifi to be seen? Maybe take it to a public wifi spot like McDonalds
    12-26-13 07:29 AM
    you need to be hooked up to wifi for the initial setup,,, if there's none @ home, like mentioned, go to a public one, or a friends' house is better,,, i did my initial setup in a 7/11 parking lot,, p.s. latest pb os is .1753
    Last edited by SEAWARRIOR; 12-28-13 at 03:51 PM.
    12-26-13 07:35 AM