I've been surfing around to try and find out how to "accept" a Hotspot agreement with my Playbook. Well, rather than having folks do what I did, here's the simple answer. When your Playbook is "bridged" and you enter a wifi hotspot zone, you need to be able to click on the "accept terms" button on the hotspot page. However, while "bridged", you're taken to a Blackberry Hotspot Browser with the screen "you and now connected...". When you try and use the internet, you find you are not connected.

SO...in order to see the "accept terms" button, disconnect your bridge and then retry. This will work for you....for sure!

RIM Supporter...forever
    rexrim and scorcho72 like this.
    03-25-12 05:31 PM
    I've been surfing around to try and find out how to "accept" a Hotspot agreement with my Playbook. Well, rather than having folks do what I did, here's the simple answer. When your Playbook is "bridged" and you enter a wifi hotspot zone, you need to be able to click on the "accept terms" button on the hotspot page. However, while "bridged", you're taken to a Blackberry Hotspot Browser with the screen "you and now connected...". When you try and use the internet, you find you are not connected.

SO...in order to see the "accept terms" button, disconnect your bridge and then retry. This will work for you....for sure!

RIM Supporter...forever
    WOW thanks for sighing in and giving us this useful info.....

Welcome to crackberry, this has been a known issue.

On a side note: 25 till master....
    03-25-12 06:05 PM
    Thanks, i kinda knew it had to do with th bb bridge connection, I'll try this next time.

Now sometimes I dont even get the login option, anyone experienced that?

Still learning and learning to love my playbook... Berries forever!!!!
    meierjn likes this.
    05-07-12 11:18 AM
    Thanks, i kinda knew it had to do with th bb bridge connection, I'll try this next time.

Now sometimes I dont even get the login option, anyone experienced that?

Still learning and learning to love my playbook... Berries forever!!!!

New to the playbook then have a look here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/

05-07-12 11:27 AM
    New to the playbook then have a look here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/

I'm. I'm on page 2. lots of info and deffinatelly a must read..

Thanks.
    05-17-12 02:36 PM
    or you can just click on the login button that appears on the wifi icon. the icon will have a red * clickit to open the wifi and you will see a login buttton.
    05-17-12 04:30 PM
    May thats the reason why my wifi kept on dropping? Will try to turn off bridge, will update you guys. Thanks for the tip OP!
    05-17-12 05:58 PM
    May thats the reason why my wifi kept on dropping? Will try to turn off bridge, will update you guys. Thanks for the tip OP!
    I used to turn off bluetooth, when I wanted to connect to a wifi hotshot, otherwise I had all kinds of problems. This issue disappeared for me at the last software update.
    05-17-12 09:26 PM
    Clink the RED link below my signature for more info..
    05-17-12 09:41 PM

Hi guys,

Regarding to the wifi hotspot, any one can show me how to connect to internet from laptop using Playbook as hotspot?

Thanks
    08-06-12 01:34 AM

Hi guys,

Regarding to the wifi hotspot, any one can show me how to connect to internet from laptop using Playbook as hotspot?

Thanks
    If I understand your question - the pb probably can't provide internet to another device. The pb can use other devices access as the pb's hotspot.
    08-06-12 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD