Hi everyone, I have searched the forums for this error and I only found one pertaining to it and it did not help . I did PB update 2.0.1.358 a few days ago and when I tried to log into the wifi @ work last night, I get error 3RFINA.... I tried deleting the saved network, re-booting, turning the wifi off and then re-booted again. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance!
    05-01-12 07:25 AM
    Does it appear to work correctly with other wifi systems?
    05-01-12 09:08 AM
    They probably blocked your wifi access so you will get some work done instead of surfin the net all nite lol.

05-01-12 11:20 AM
    I have only used it @ home and it is using saved WEP. The one I use @ work is saved open. Good idea tho.....I'll try another hot spot while I continue to troubleshoot it. Thanks! I'll keep ya updated.
    05-01-12 04:41 PM
    They probably blocked your wifi access so you will get some work done instead of surfin the net all nite lol.

......*sticks tongue out @ you
    05-01-12 04:52 PM
    Update: playbook wifi error 3RFINA resolved...yay! I am not sure, but I think it just needed reset. It seems to be working fine now Happy in Crackville once again
    05-02-12 02:02 AM
    Not happy in Crackworld anymore....3RFINA error back. It only resolved for one day. I will keep all updated if I figure it out. I am almost ready to tether because I am at my wits end.....silent screams. I even asked @blackberryhelp on twitter. I unchecked ATT carrier off my 9810 and it connected to wifi @ work, but not the PB. I will be checking other hotspots today......
    05-20-12 03:53 PM
    I did check other hot spots and the playbook connects fine with them. I drove around and I was surprised to find how many networks are open! The PB worked with all of them including McDonalds....who knew they had wifi? Tom9810 gave me a quick lesson on how the OS are different...my phone vs my PB. That explained why my phone connected to wifi at work and my PB won't. I will be contacting the IT department and I hope they can find the solution. There isn't very much info on this error 3RFINA. If you or anyone knows where I might find more info on it, please let me know. Thanks in advance otherwise, I'll keep you all updated as this troubleshooting continues......
    05-22-12 07:40 AM
    There are a couple other threads on this error but also no solution that the very seen yet. I think one is getting it at home.
    05-22-12 07:52 AM
    There are a couple other threads on this error but also no solution that the very seen yet. I think one is getting it at home.
    Yes, I have looked here, I have asked BB on twitter, and I have searched the net all to no avail as for an answer to the solution. Thanks for the response and I will continue the troubleshooting and updates. I do find it strange there isn't much info on the error 3RFINA.
    05-22-12 05:19 PM
    Get back to work, or I'm calling your boss hahahahaahah
    05-22-12 06:11 PM
    I did check other hot spots and the playbook connects fine with them. I drove around and I was surprised to find how many networks are open! The PB worked with all of them including McDonalds....who knew they had wifi? Tom9810 gave me a quick lesson on how the OS are different...my phone vs my PB. That explained why my phone connected to wifi at work and my PB won't. I will be contacting the IT department and I hope they can find the solution. There isn't very much info on this error 3RFINA. If you or anyone knows where I might find more info on it, please let me know. Thanks in advance otherwise, I'll keep you all updated as this troubleshooting continues......
    The following information might assist your IT staff in resolving the issue.

access to https servers with private certificate - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2390-a-626115/

Koders Code Search: ssl_stat.c - C

The commonality seems to be related to SSL and perhaps SSL certificates more specifically.
    05-22-12 07:02 PM
    I drove around and I was surprised to find how many networks are open! The PB worked with all of them including McDonalds....who knew they had wifi?
    What do you think the "X Billion served" marketing slogan meant?
    05-22-12 07:05 PM
    Get back to work, or I'm calling your boss hahahahaahah
    Dats it.....I'm crossing the border and coming to spank u w/ my PB! I mean like if a car can run it over and it still works and survive as a dog chew toy, surely it can open a can of whoop on ur a** and survive.....
    05-27-12 05:36 AM
    The following information might assist your IT staff in resolving the issue.

access to https servers with private certificate - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2390-a-626115/

Koders Code Search: ssl_stat.c - C

The commonality seems to be related to SSL and perhaps SSL certificates more specifically.
    Thanks you very much for this info. The first IT guy couldn't fix it. He said he has no experience with BB. The IT guys that "knows a lot about BB" has not called me back. It is very difficult to coordinate time with them unless it is a work computer. The IT who is very familiar with BB is not on my shift and when we do coordinate time, he has been busy. I will keep everyone updated as this saga continues.......it has become a quest now!
    05-27-12 05:47 AM
    What do you think the "X Billion served" marketing slogan meant?
    It means pull on in the parking lot and log on.....seriously, I didn't even have to buy food.
    05-27-12 05:53 AM
    Dats it.....I'm crossing the border and coming to spank u w/ my PB! I mean like if a car can run it over and it still works and survive as a dog chew toy, surely it can open a can of whoop on ur a** and survive.....

Allow me to open it for you. I'm not too worried. I hear your geographically challenged anyway. Chicago is not in Indiana muhahahahaah.
    05-27-12 07:02 AM
    Allow me to open it for you. I'm not too worried. I hear your geographically challenged anyway. Chicago is not in Indiana muhahahahaah.
    Yup, live video as I swing it
    05-27-12 07:07 AM
    Update on 3RFINA playbook error.....it is still not solved. I have not given up on my mission to solve this issue, but I am most likely to tether it out of frustration! When it is resolved, I will post what the problem is...until then, have a great day!
    Psst: if any genius out there solves it first, please share.
    06-07-12 05:55 PM
    in Perth Western Australia we have the Good Guys retail stores
    they sell the Playbook.
    AUD$249 was best price for 32GB

funny thing is that by default it couldn't log into their free wifi network

I use Dolphin HD browser to authenticate into their wifi,
    then the default browser is OK.

I prefer Dolphin though as the swipe down UI of the default browser can be annoying.
    09-22-12 08:02 PM
    Hey, Did you ever get your error 3RFINA resolved. I'm stuck in a hotel in Angola with internet that requires a username and password. My BBCurve and laptop (DELL) are working fine. The PB just won't play ball. It never does to be honest! I'm getting the 3RFINA error.

Also my PB won't connect to the DELL (a work laptop). It worked fine on the wifes home laptop which was the only way i got kindle downloaded. Skype is another mystery and the major reason my wife got it for me for Christmas.

I'm a bit peed off with the PB and i'm a real fan of BB Smartphones.
    01-13-13 09:50 AM
    Hey, Did you ever get your error 3RFINA resolved. I'm stuck in a hotel in Angola with internet that requires a username and password. My BBCurve and laptop (DELL) are working fine. The PB just won't play ball. It never does to be honest! I'm getting the 3RFINA error.

Also my PB won't connect to the DELL (a work laptop). It worked fine on the wifes home laptop which was the only way i got kindle downloaded. Skype is another mystery and the major reason my wife got it for me for Christmas.

I'm a bit peed off with the PB and i'm a real fan of BB Smartphones.
    Skype is NOT available for the pb. Not sideloaded or any other way. Did you install the Desktop software on your laptop. That usually provides the drivers for communication between the pb and computer.
    malgpz900 likes this.
    01-13-13 11:25 AM
    I installed and re-installed the BB software on the laptop. I even re-installed the software on the PB. No joy. It took ages for it to reload, 14 hours on the PB. Not even the smartphone (BB Curve) will talk to the laptop. A guy at work said it was because of the DELL so i'm going to change it to a HP when i get home. Maybe that will resolve it.

Thanks for the update on skype. The guy in currys sold my wife a pup indeed. told her skype and kindle and all worked on it.

I'm kind of resolved to waiting till i get home in Feb to go at it again.

I think if i get a few apps downloaded it might be of some use.

Any news on how to get connected to the net (hotel) when a username and password is requested and the 3RFINA error message?
    01-15-13 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD