I am unclear as to what happened.

I was on beta 2.0 for a while but decided to go back to 1.0.8. i security wiped and rebooted, only to find out all of a sudden when it asks me to join a wifi network to continue with setup, it finds NO networks at all ANYWHERE around me! i know its not my router because im currently wirelessly connected to it right now along with tons of other stuff in my house.

the playbook on the other hand, can't find anything at all. whats going on here? software issue? hardware? rebooted and same thing..
    12-29-11 03:40 AM
    Have you tried a hard reset? Directions from tip thread:

To perform a hard reset on the BlackBerry PlayBook:

Hold down the volume up key, volume down key, and power button at the same time and hold it for about 15 seconds. TIP: Its easier if you hit the volume up key then the volume down key and then the power key.
    12-29-11 06:09 AM
    I've not reversed so I am not fully aware of the procedure but if you tethered to you desk top using the USB cable successifully, WiFi is likely turned off or it is looking for a saved network that is no longer saved so check both settings after you hard reboot. If you are looking for a saved network, try available networks or manually set your local one.
    Last edited by D_Whatley; 12-29-11 at 06:44 AM.
    12-29-11 06:40 AM
    Happens to me at least once every two weeks where my wifi doesn't seem available. My solution is to unplug my router and then plug it back in. Fixes it every time.

Please post back with whatever solution you find. (Help the next crackhead who runs into the same issue!)
    12-29-11 06:44 AM
    I'd suggest if everything else fails try the debrick method using Desktop Manager (DM) if you haven't tried that.

Turn off the pb.

Run DM.

Plug in the usb cord

You may or may not need to turn on the pb.

When you see an option to update, do so. It is a temporary prompt so watch for it.

Good luck.

And Rim might support those going to/from the beta

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com
    12-29-11 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD