I have recently purchased a playbook and love it! BUT (wait for it......) I keep loosing the wifi connection!! I have a Netgear N-router W2000set on dual-band and it connects then drops off....... what is going on?? I'm not an IT proffessional but do I return for another tablet (Nexus or ipad) or can this be sorted?? Help please, thank you
    12-26-12 03:35 PM
    Playbook is notorious for losing the wifi connection. Has been my case ever since I got my PB approx 15 months ago. Pull the power cord from your router and let it restart ... Also do a hard reboot on PB ...press + and - volume buttons on top at same time as you press the on/off button .....hold for 30 seconds .....then restart PB ....see if this helps. Works for me when the router starts getting wonky. Good luck.
    12-26-12 04:43 PM
    I have a Netgear 2200 & never had a wifi problem until after the last update. It isn't a frequent problem, but I did some tweaking to my router settings just to see if it made a difference - that was just last night, so too soon to tell.
    12-26-12 08:08 PM
    I have recently purchased a playbook and love it! BUT (wait for it......) I keep loosing the wifi connection!! I have a Netgear N-router W2000set on dual-band and it connects then drops off....... what is going on?? I'm not an IT proffessional but do I return for another tablet (Nexus or ipad) or can this be sorted?? Help please, thank you
    Hello not sure how comfortable you are with getting into your router settings. If so goto the wireless setup section and check under wpa wpa2 and check the encryption setting is set to TKIP or both. The PB has not worked well with AES or WPA2 settings. Also check the PB wi-fi settings under saved wifi networks , it should be set to wpa personal for best results. (Should match settings in your router.) At least this has been my experiance.
    12-26-12 09:59 PM
    Hello not sure how comfortable you are with getting into your router settings. If so goto the wireless setup section and check under wpa wpa2 and check the encryption setting is set to TKIP or both. The PB has not worked well with AES or WPA2 settings. Also check the PB wi-fi settings under saved wifi networks , it should be set to wpa personal for best results. (Should match settings in your router.) At least this has been my experiance.
    The only encryption option you should enable for n routers is WPA2/AES. All the other encryption gives you problems.

People will most like have problems on all the other router settings --- like setting wide channels or setting things manually. Set all the other options to auto.
    12-27-12 02:23 AM