Good day. I got myself a PlayBook and reset it to factory settings. When trying to activate, the device does not see the Wi Fi network. I tried it in different places, with and without vpn (I live in Russia). Tell me what you can do in this case.
    07-13-21 03:49 PM
    Good day. I got myself a PlayBook and reset it to factory settings. When trying to activate, the device does not see the Wi Fi network. I tried it in different places, with and without vpn (I live in Russia). Tell me what you can do in this case.
    Is your router set to support legacy wireless G?
    07-13-21 03:53 PM
    Is your router set to support legacy wireless G?
    Yes. But playbook cant see it too.
    07-14-21 01:35 AM
    It generally shows that there are no WI Fi networks

Posted via CB10
    07-14-21 02:26 AM
    It generally shows that there are no WI Fi networks

Posted via CB10
    Try another WiFi network to test.

Otherwise, it sounds like a hardware failure.
    07-14-21 05:27 AM
    I noticed a strange thing. If you reboot many times, then at one point he began to see WiFi. But since at that time I did not have a VPN, I could not establish a connection. Wrote that in the spirit of "timeout exceeded, check the password"

Posted via CB10
    07-14-21 05:51 AM
    PlayBook has to call home.... it was always a little finicky with WiFi networks.

Sometimes it worked best to set your router up with an open network, with no security get it setup and then enable the most basic security (not sure what level the PlayBook can handle). If Russia blocks access to BlackBerry servers... yes you'll need your VPN enabled.
    07-14-21 07:33 AM
    I understand. But it's one thing when he sees the network but can't connect. Then you can change the settings. And another thing is when he does not even see the network (none at all) ...

Posted via CB10
    07-14-21 07:45 AM
    Just to be aware the PB will be a paperweight in about 6 months.
    07-14-21 08:26 AM
    I understand. But it's one thing when he sees the network but can't connect. Then you can change the settings. And another thing is when he does not even see the network (none at all) ...

Posted via CB10
    It's been forever... but seems like it wouldn't even see networks that had WPS setup on them. Try it and see.

But it is a ten year old tablet... so good chance that the hardware went bad.
    07-14-21 08:46 AM
    wps is disabled on my router
    07-14-21 12:15 PM
    Just to be aware the PB will be a paperweight in about 6 months.
    I know this perfectly well, so I need to activate it
    07-14-21 12:29 PM
    It's been forever... but seems like it wouldn't even see networks that had WPS setup on them. Try it and see.

But it is a ten year old tablet... so good chance that the hardware went bad.
    When you try to manually connect, the connecting label appears and it can stay in this state for a very long time
    07-15-21 12:47 AM
    I
    I was able to install OS 10 on the Playbook, but on startup the message is displayed: "Thank you for participating. The Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha device program has ended. For details on what to do next, please visit developer.blackberry.com" How to bypass this message ?
    07-15-21 02:24 AM
    I
    I was able to install OS 10 on the Playbook, but on startup the message is displayed: "Thank you for participating. The Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha device program has ended. For details on what to do next, please visit developer.blackberry.com" How to bypass this message ?
    BB10 doesn't run on the PlayBook....
    07-15-21 06:58 AM
    BB10 doesn't run on the PlayBook....
    I have everything installed normally, and it loaded before the message about the end of the program. On Crackberry, I saw a way to get around this message, but here's how to apply it to a Playbook - I have no idea.
    07-15-21 07:26 AM
    I have everything installed normally, and it loaded before the message about the end of the program. On Crackberry, I saw a way to get around this message, but here's how to apply it to a Playbook - I have no idea.
    Yes back in the day you could install an early developer version of BB10 on a PlayBook using DingleBerry . But it was buggy and missing many features - and never went anywhere are newer beta releases would not install.

Was crucial that you set the date on the PC and the Playbook to 9/24/2012... before installing it.

I'm pretty sure BlackBerry issued an update to the PBOS that patched the hole that DingleBerry utilized.... you would need to find a PlayBook that had never been updated.

But in the end it didn't get you a working tablet...
    07-15-21 07:51 AM
    Yes back in the day you could install an early developer version of BB10 on a PlayBook using DingleBerry . But it was buggy and missing many features - and never went anywhere are newer beta releases would not install.

Was crucial that you set the date on the PC and the Playbook to 9/24/2012... before installing it.

I'm pretty sure BlackBerry issued an update to the PBOS that patched the hole that DingleBerry utilized.... you would need to find a PlayBook that had never been updated.

But in the end it didn't get you a working tablet...
    Do I understand correctly that it is impossible to bypass this screen on the Playbook? And then what to do with the missing wi-fi?
    07-15-21 08:00 AM
    Do I understand correctly that it is impossible to bypass this screen on the Playbook? And then what to do with the missing wi-fi?
    I don't know... that was a eight years ago. I did it, wasn't too hard if you followed all the step-by-steps... played with it a few days and rolled back, as it was a very early beta. And then BlackBerry patched it out, and folks moved on.

If your PlayBook was on the current OS... impossible.
    07-15-21 08:11 AM
    I don't know... that was a eight years ago. I did it, wasn't too hard if you followed all the step-by-steps... played with it a few days and rolled back, as it was a very early beta. And then BlackBerry patched it out, and folks moved on.

If your PlayBook was on the current OS... impossible.
    I just planned to install OS 10 and check the performance of wi-fi. But, as I understand it, you will have to change the details?
    Last edited by SerenEg; 07-15-21 at 09:37 AM.
    07-15-21 08:44 AM
    I just planned to install OS 10 and check the performance of wi-fi. But, as I understand it, you will have to change the details?
    Yeah trying to use old equipment, you end up doing searches and getting outdated information that no longer works. Just the way it is.... no one is going to try pruning out outdated info here.
    07-15-21 10:10 AM
    Yeah trying to use old equipment, you end up doing searches and getting outdated information that no longer works. Just the way it is.... no one is going to try pruning out outdated info here.
    The problem was solved
    07-15-21 01:57 PM