I recently sold my nexus 7 first �dition for comeback to PlayBook . I was disappointed by music player( a nightmare ), no hdmi output , poor video player and very complicated android versus PlayBook os. So my point is why blackberry stop to do good hardware like PlayBook they just need a better blackberry world to supported is hardware, is not very complicated.
    I hope someone is waking up because I'm proud for this Canadian company and is not time to loose to much jobs. I hope more Canadian supported blackberry. Sorry my English I'm french Canadian.
    pelletizer, keypad and brianoc1a like this.
    07-29-13 02:33 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

Well, we never know what BlackBerry is really up to. We may still see a BB10 tablet... Or a larger BB10 phablet... The "B10" maybe?
    07-29-13 02:48 PM
    Rumor has it, they are looking at dumb terminal type tablets. Cheap and designed to ONLY work when connected to your smartphone.
    07-29-13 02:50 PM
    The PlayBook is a sad sad situation.

So much potential in the machine, and in my opinion, it was quite ahead of its time.

Looking back at the situation, it seems clear to me now, as a few other members in the forum have already acknowledged, that the PlayBook was a Beta testing precursor for the BlackBerry 10 Platform, and was rushed to market as a example of BB10s power and basic UI features. This was a mistake.

With no update on the horizon for PB to receive BB10, it's been left to the Homebrew community, it pick up the leftovers of this marvellous piece of engineering and hardware design.

Let's hope someone in BlackBerry, can push forward some forward thinking ideas, and bring the great blueprint of the PlayBook into the future, and not allow this gem of a tablet, to be forgotten and banished to the cracks of time.
    Kobofan likes this.
    07-29-13 03:07 PM