So.... like many I'm tired of all the negative pb posts so here's a positive one. I've been using mine in place of a laptop since release date. I use it to browse the internet, play games, do my work and so on. There are more and more apps everyday. Though whoever is releasing books everyday please stop it's annoying.

Like i said I use it at work to modify spreadsheets for reports, go on certain website tools we use and the video chat is awesome for quick chat between sites and coworkers, especially when you're on the go.

Apps, yeah everyone says there aren't enough good ones, but frankly I've been loving whats been being dropped. N.O.V.A. 2, Dead Space, can't put them down. Gonna be getting Spiderman as soon as i get my new card to update my appworld payment method. I read alot of comics and the comics app (especially now that it reads cbr) is great for reading them. I use box to upload and store comics and movies and download them when i want to read/watch them as I own a 16gb.

I looooove the size. Perfect to prop up on my dashboard and watch movies or listen to my music.

What do you use yours for?
    10-31-11 04:38 AM
    Frisbee in the park?

just kidding, love my PB
    10-31-11 05:49 AM
    I use mine in my business, because it is secure I have client notes, via pseudonym, I do hypnosis so I use it for my scriptwork, specific notes, and even relaxation music which can be different for each and all at the same time. So no more paper shuffling and trying to organise via a noisey computor and remote controls. Via bridge I keep track of all my appointments etc. And like my phone I don't have to access the "cloud" because the "cloud is not allowed" - did you see what I did with that
    10-31-11 06:06 AM
    it never ceases to amaze me all the different and often creative uses that people put their pb to.

i enjoy reading these type of threads because i get great ideas.
    mtnsrgr8 and bbvj like this.
    10-31-11 07:58 AM
    I work at night at a dog camp and have access to computers/laptops...but, love sitting down and holding my PB and catching up on TV shows (from their websites), playing games, reading news (I'm a political and news junkie) ... the News360 app is worth the cost and Score Mobile is great for keeping up with sports. I find it is portable, light enough to hold for long periods...btw...the Movie Vault app is priceless!!!! Just a few ways I use my PB. I'm very happy with it...no complaints...well....not many...wish it would not time out in 5 mins....that is frustrating.
    11-01-11 12:00 AM
    post deleted - pk
    you should try this.....Free Cooktop - Download Cooktop - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World might be a little more usefull....

Love my playbook!! work, music, movies...and on and on
    11-01-11 12:07 AM
    I'm a fan of BB for some years now and I'm also happy with their PB. OS imperfections was always a weak point of RIM, regardless if it's their phone or playbook. IMO they need some changes in management to make sure that new / upgraded OS's are as faultless as possible.

That said; still never regret to own a RIM product. Their phones are the safest and the best in my book. I owned a iPhone 4 for 2 weeks, an LG Android 2.3 phone for 6 weeks, although they all are really great devices, they can't beat my BB. No need to have a discussion about this, It's my personal preference.

Regarding the available software for the PB:
    Well, what do I need to have on my PB that is otherwise working just fine on my phone? A fart generator? A love meter? A cartoon sound generator?

I have a lot of apps on my phone that work just fine on my phone and have no need to have it on my playbook also. The thing I really want on my PB are there like the work processor, extensive notepad, spreadsheets, email, social media and such. In other (my) words; no need for simple apps that do their job very well on my phone, have it also on my PB.

Sure I have a wish-list like ToDo Matrix, Skype, Bloomberg and a few others, but that's just a mater of time i hope.

For some of us the PB is just a wrong choice. They suppose to get an iPad of an Android pad instead. Take yous loses, sell your PB and buy what you actually really want. No shame in that.

my 2 cents.
    11-01-11 07:35 AM
    I love this app called "TV on the go". My mom loves to play Fruit Ninja. My dad uses it to chat with relatives and frnds using Reelportal.

11-01-11 08:26 AM
    I'm a photographer, the main reason I bought mine was for in person proofing of my clients photos. Through bridge or wlfi I can log onto my website and show clients their photos, they can make ther selection right then and place their order.

One other thing I love is being able to watch video tutorials for photoshop and other photography related video. I can have photoshop open on my desktop and follow right along with the tutorial.
    11-01-11 08:29 AM
    Keep it positive folks!

mike4444 and bbvj like this.
    11-01-11 11:54 AM
    Hi Forums Moderator

Not sure why you've popped in the above post - it's a good message though!!!

(Perhaps something's been deleted?)
    11-01-11 09:01 PM
    Anyone knw any website I can watch movie?
    11-02-11 12:24 AM
    Anyone knw any website I can watch movie?
    You can download Movie Vault from BlackBerry App World for a wide selection of older movies. Hopefully, they keep adding more movies because I enjoy watching older movies and would like to see more added to keep the inventory growing to eventually include all movies from the era when movies were not computer-generated.
    11-02-11 05:06 AM
    Hi Forums Moderator

Not sure why you've popped in the above post - it's a good message though!!!

(Perhaps something's been deleted?)
    For lack of a better word some "drama" was deleted. It was reported which is why I popped up. That little ! in the triangle or [!!] symbol are the report buttons on the full site and the BB site respectively
    diegonei and bruteforce037 like this.
    11-02-11 07:42 AM
    I would assume people use their Playbook coasters the same way people use iPad coasters. It really boils down to what you're drinking and how much... and how good your hand eye co-ordination is when you're that wasted.

Other considerations may be whether or not you drink in one place or you want to be polite and carry your portable coaster to each bar you go to etc...

stulis likes this.
    11-02-11 08:01 AM
    Hi

You say you use yours for work. I am trying to but...

My Curve 9300 is tethered to my playbook. So. I have email capability from my playbook.

When attempting to attach an attachment, from my playbook, to an email I get

"Upload Failed. An unexpected error occurred. Please try again."

I keep getting this.

Any irea why?

tx
    11-02-11 08:14 AM
    I work at night at a dog camp and have access to computers/laptops...but, love sitting down and holding my PB and catching up on TV shows (from their websites), playing games, reading news (I'm a political and news junkie) ... the News360 app is worth the cost and Score Mobile is great for keeping up with sports. I find it is portable, light enough to hold for long periods...btw...the Movie Vault app is priceless!!!! Just a few ways I use my PB. I'm very happy with it...no complaints...well....not many...wish it would not time out in 5 mins....that is frustrating.
    You can download a software named "Stay On".
    11-02-11 08:17 AM
    I love using the bridge feature on the Playbook. I feel like I'm saving $50.00 bucks per month vs. a 3g device.
    Last night my wife and I went to a class together and I used groovy notes. It is really nice how you can take notes, make tags and record the speaker.
    My son loves the Spiderman game and though I'm not a gamer, I find it difficult to put down NOVA2 when I'm playing with my him.
    The dual, front facing, stereo speakers are nice.

Flash, I showed a friend a video from this website on it. It works great. A great percentage of videos and games on the web run on flash and it is nice to have it.

VideoChat is very cool and my wife and I use it often.

I like getting the free DataViz Premium docs. I use the spreadsheets mostly.

The size is very nice. I took it to class last night and I just pulled it out of my coat pocket. Portable as can be.

Although no one seems to care, I think the fact that it is a secure tablet is fantastic. I can use the bridge feature to open client accounts and everyone is happy knowing their info is secure. Safer than a PC in my view.

The device feels solid and is a quality build but the BlackBerry leather case is awesome. I think many people could assume it is a small book with a cover. I like that it is understated in the cover and protected.

If I were to buy a tablet tomorrow it would be the BlackBerry Playbook.

If you are happy with your device, it is the right one for you.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 11-02-11 at 08:32 AM.
    11-02-11 08:25 AM
    Hi

You say you use yours for work. I am trying to but...

My Curve 9300 is tethered to my playbook. So. I have email capability from my playbook.

When attempting to attach an attachment, from my playbook, to an email I get

"Upload Failed. An unexpected error occurred. Please try again."

I keep getting this.

Any irea why?

tx
    Sorry missed your post. First question is how big is the attachment? Usually I'll get that error if I'm trying to upload a large video file.
    11-10-11 03:40 PM
    .... are using a Tablet while sitting in the toilet
    are you one of them?

wondering
    trisha1970 likes this.
    11-10-11 04:15 PM
    .... are using a Tablet while sitting in the toilet
    are you one of them?

wondering
    No but I do use mine to record s e x in hd
    11-10-11 04:35 PM
    Hey, I've found a way to easily take notes in my classes with my playbook. Here's a video of my method.

Paperless Note Taking with Playbook (prototype 3)

You can make one of these yourself with minimal money and effort. I've been using this method for two semesters now as a Mechanical Engineering student. It's worked wonderfully so far, and it's really nice to have all my notes in my playbook everywhere I go. Another thread with this idea can be found here
    03-16-12 03:22 PM
    hi,just wondering if u can do things on the playook like shop on amazon/ebay and other things?? xoxo
    11-13-12 03:26 PM
    Yes, chantelle, you absolutely can shop online with the PlayBook.
    11-13-12 04:49 PM
    I have 3 situations where I think the PlayBook really shines.

1) I've made a holder in the car for the PlayBook and being able to switch between the Music and Navigator apps with the flick of a finger is pretty sweet. I bluetooth it into a Motorola T505 visor unit which re-broadcasts it into an FM signal that comes out of the stereo.

2) I've been watching a lot of lectures lately from YouTube which I have downloaded onto the PlayBook. While watching those lectures I flip over to Groovy Notes to make notes while still listening to the lectures. I can hit the pause button on top, of course, if I need more time. (if anybody's interested there's a huge collection of lectures from Yale Open Courses on YouTube. I'm working my way through the psychology series - amazing stuff.)

3) This one I've mentioned before on this forum but I'll state it again because it shows off a real strength of the PlayBook. The ability to wirelessly connect to a desktop or laptop and be able to access the files in a common set of folders is fantastic. Even when the PlayBook is in Standby and 'somewhere' in the house or car I can click an icon and effortlessly get immediate access. I do a lot of CAD work for my CNC router and with the tablet mapped as another drive I can create the cutting files right on the tablet. I then go to the shop where the CNC router's computer finds the PlayBook and automatically sets it up as a drive. The CNC router then runs the cutting file right off the tablet. It's really cool and really useful.

These highlight some of the reasons why I think the PlayBook is so great. Swiping between apps, multitasking with Showcase mode,folders that can be accessed by any app or connected computer and being able to easily connect to that computer. The full-on browser is pretty nice, too.
    malcerie and pronomad like this.
    11-13-12 05:55 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD