Wow! Yup. short and sweet - this is not from a die hard Blackberry fan, just Wow! Great!

I've been using my first Blackberry kit ever since Boxing Day and it's been such a smooth and enjoyable experience - my PlayBook is brilliant (thanks to BlackJack and all the great tips from so many forum members - brilliant checking it all out on here within minutes of having my PlayBook up and running).

It's so impressive I've convinced a good friend and a relative to join the club, one was on the verge of buying an iPad2 today, so a little demo of mine resulted in a change of opinion within 15 mins and a mad dash to the store before closing - we have another winner!

The only thing that's bothering me with it is how many people just don't know how powerful it is or that it even exists here (UK).

That was me just a week ago. I was patiently waiting for a UK release of Kindle Fire (...I know!) and also considered buying an iPad2 to go with my Macbook and my iPhone. So glad I didn't.

If anyone's reading this because they're trying to decide on a PlayBook with recent price discounts compared to an iPad - go for the PlayBook, yup go ahead, yes, that's right, yes I'm an Apple fan. Yes, it really is a legitimate steal and no - you will not regret it. I'm still buzzing on what I got for 169. Absolutely amazing, and that's without OS2 and the 'droid legion of Apps!

Well done RIM, now slap a bit of marketing out there before the UK starts blindly jumping up and down for the Kindle Fire or they'll be missing out!
    12-30-11 10:35 PM
    Glad you like it and so glad you read the Sticky!! We all add to it daily or so.

Welcome to the PB Forums!
    12-30-11 10:39 PM
    welcome to our world
    12-30-11 10:42 PM
    Welcome! What an uplifting first post! Thank you for joining us!
    12-30-11 10:55 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry, glad your enjoying the PlayBook, It truly is an amazing device thats only going to get better. You're in the right place, so stick around and soak up some of this Blackberry knowledge, you won't be disappointed with all the information found in these forums
    12-30-11 11:21 PM
    Welcome - from one Brit to another! I do believe RIM is planning to invest heavily on the marketing side in 2012, though not sure if globally or just here in the North American continent.
    12-30-11 11:21 PM
    I'm glad to hear eh! All you need now is a blackberry eh;p Bold 9900? Hehe to experience the full potential of the playbook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-11 11:28 PM
    Glad to hear about it, everyone I show the playbook finds it amazing, its weird to find that the user reviews are excellent in contrast with the tech reviews wich are so poor. Congrats and welcone to the club.
    12-30-11 11:53 PM
    Great post! I've been a fan of Blackberry for quite sometime, but i have to say I was one of the many who jumped ship and picked up an iPhone. The main reason was due to the ease of use of the touch screen and the number of apps available. If my Storm2 hadn't taken almost 15 minutes to boot up I would probably stuck it out longer. Let me just say, after picking up my PlayBook to see what QNX was all about I am once again excited for the future of @Blackberry!! My iPhone 4 is on ebay and I'm joping to pick up a @Blackberry Torch 9850 soon!!
    12-31-11 01:08 AM
    welcome, Thanks for doing your part in getting the word out. It is funny how most everyone that has bought a pb loves it but the tech blogers shun it. There all cought up in the app craze. No dought apps are cool but pb has an app for that... its called the internet.
    12-31-11 01:31 AM
    Its really amazing how unknown the PB is. I went to my local ATT store to get my data transfered to my new Bold today and ended up talking shop with the android fan salesman. He didn't even know there was a BlackBerry tabletm for shame! Like the OP said, Playbook is a legitamite steal.
    12-31-11 01:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD