PlayBook : What if the community was helping BBY to improve it (and port to BB10)

I am a software developer, like peharps many on this forum.
    I am frustrated like most playbook owner that we are not getting BB10.

A solution would be that us _ the playbook community _ might help blackberry to port to BB10. I believe that would be do-able.
    Another option would be that the community enhance the existing OS.

I know some features I would like to see in the settings section is a status tab showing Ram &Rome available, a task manger (with CPU usage),
    From the task bar a shortcut to sound/brightness management,and.... May more

Do anyone share the same idea? Is there any community already on the move?

I am bored of iOS. Android (yes but which one? Ice scream,jelly beam,froyo,honeycomb ?
    Or a 10kg windows tablet.
    Last edited by vinco2; 07-18-13 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Wording
    diegonei likes this.
    07-18-13 08:52 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

BB10 isn't Android. BB10 isn't Open WebOS. Those are both available for devs to mess with and port around as they see fit (bootloaders providing, that is).

BB10 is a closed OS that we don't have access to. Should that be different, then yeah. I could see a number of us (both devs and regular users) taking on the task of porting. And we would do it.

I just wonder if we would get to the same conclusion BlackBerry did... o.o

EDIT: How funny and ironic would it be to get Open WebOS on the PlayBook...
    07-18-13 09:01 PM
    Between telling BlackBerry that it is OK to do that "abandon ship - at all" approach and "expressing dissatisfaction" on abandoning PlayBook even with its own OS, the second approach is helping them to see and re-focus their prioritization... and maintain (if not gaining) their loyal customers...

Others are trying to sabotage that helpful approach...

Posted via Z10
    07-19-13 12:33 AM
    @OP - I proposed something similar in the Action thread. I think this could work (only), if we limited the scope of what we would want to achieve. Messing with the OS is out of the question, I'm afraid, they'll never fall for that. But a lot of good could still be done, if they'd opened up the source to individual apps, as there would be enough room for improvement there (and even that would probably be a momentous task to begin with).
    07-19-13 04:58 AM
    @OP - I proposed something similar in the Action thread. I think this could work (only), if we limited the scope of what we would want to achieve. Messing with the OS is out of the question, I'm afraid, they'll never fall for that. But a lot of good could still be done, if they'd opened up the source to individual apps, as there would be enough room for improvement there (and even that would probably be a momentous task to begin with).
    As a project manager, I agree that scope is paramount. The right idea, presented in a orderly and we'll planned way, is bound to get support.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 07:25 AM