Hi,

Just bought a new Playbook.

What fun things are there to do on it?

Thanks
    12-29-11 09:59 PM
    Games, surfing, music, movies to name few things. I also like to use it as a frisbee.
    Kerrstar likes this.
    12-29-11 10:16 PM
    Hi,

Thanks
    Welcome to the forums!

Have you read the Newbie Tips and Tricks Sticky Thread yet?

Click on the link below my signature.

Enjoy!
    12-29-11 10:19 PM
    I also like to use it as a frisbee.
    You're joking, right? I mean, even with the firesale a PB is still an expensive & valuable piece of hardware no one of sound mind would ever use as a frisbee! Seriously, pal, what do you think the iPad or all those cheap Android tablets were made for?

SCNR

Bye, K&K,
    T-Zee
    robtanz likes this.
    12-29-11 10:22 PM
    You're joking, right? I mean, even with the firesale a PB is still an expensive & valuable piece of hardware no one of sound mind would ever use as a frisbee! Seriously, pal, what do you think the iPad or all those cheap Android tablets were made for?

SCNR

Bye, K&K,
    T-Zee
    Yez knowing robtanz he is joking. Or proving how durable the playbook is! Why would anyone worry about using it for a frisbee?
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-29-11 at 10:35 PM.
    robtanz likes this.
    12-29-11 10:30 PM
    this is one area where the eye-pad is better. much more areo dynamic.
    12-29-11 10:52 PM
    this is one area where the eye-pad is better. much more areo dynamic.
    It also might make a better projectile in skipping it across an open lake - like skipping stones!
    bluezone1 likes this.
    12-29-11 10:57 PM
    It also might make a better projectile in skipping it across an open lake - like skipping stones!
    Wow!!! Is there nothing that machine can't do? Damn, double negative.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-29-11 11:02 PM
    Hi,

Thanks
    Buying apps is great fun. Buy a bunch. Then buy a bunch more!

Not sure what your idea of fun is but there are many games for sale. Some nice free ones as well.
    12-29-11 11:02 PM
    ok enough throwing stones.
    back to the op. streaming video from the browser comes to mind.
    12-29-11 11:07 PM
    Fun things?

Well, I'm on a business trip eating a late dinner in a restaraunt with no WIFI, and happily surfing CB and other sites while bridged through my Torch 9810.

Pecking out this reply between bites of ravioli... wiping sauce off the glass... lol.

I'm having a blast
    jafobabe and rjgjr like this.
    12-29-11 11:10 PM
    well, now you can hang out in crackberry 24/7 like the rest of us anytime anywhere. Your couch your car, work, in line at the post office, while waiting in the doctors office or at Jiffy Lube....at the sports bar...when the relatives are visiting...

just think - time you could never before have wasted so creatively!
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-29-11 at 11:14 PM.
    curvezzz, jafobabe and rjgjr like this.
    12-29-11 11:11 PM
    well, now you can hang out in crackberry 24/7 like the rest of us anytime anywhere. Your couch your car, work, in line at the post office, while waiting in the doctors office or at Jiffy Lube....at the sports bar...when the relatives are visiting...

just think - time you could never before have wasted so creatively!
    shall I add " your bed".... catching up with days news I mean
    12-29-11 11:19 PM
    shall I add " your bed".... catching up with days news I mean
    That too, the only thing I've found that it sucks for is for a pillow...

I've left so many things off the list a better question is when or where can't you use it?

hot tub, church.... thats all I can think of.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-29-11 at 11:55 PM.
    12-29-11 11:44 PM
    There was a new featured game today - don't recall its name (pb is downstairs) but you roll a marble around a maze with traps - only has so many levels for the free version but not a bad way to test your reflexes - tilt and lean.....
    12-30-11 12:00 AM
    I also like to use it as a frisbee.
    It can be done

12-30-11 12:05 AM
    There was a new featured game today - don't recall its name (pb is downstairs) but you roll a marble around a maze with traps - only has so many levels for the free version but not a bad way to test your reflexes - tilt and lean.....
    Plunk! Lite has 4 and a half stars FREE
    FF22 likes this.
    12-30-11 12:05 AM
    Fun?

I don't think RIM had "fun" in mind when it designed the Playbook. According to RIM, it was designed to be a professional grade enterprise tablet. That means "all business". The average consumer like you and I want "Fun". The Playbook was born with an identity crisis.

I found mine to be mildly entertaining. The HD camera for pictures and video are great. Now if there were an app like Skype for video conferencing it would be even better.

It comes with a couple of games - a race car game and tetris. Both seem to be good quality. I understand the Madden 12 football game is really good.

Other than that, there isn't much exciting to do with the PB. I am hoping OS 2.0 will fix that in February.
    12-30-11 12:36 AM
    Now if there were an app like Skype for video conferencing it would be even better.
    Check out comwave e-phone to see if it is to your liking.. I think it comes with a free trial.
    12-30-11 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD