I recently noticed a forum thread about installing DosBox successfully and then installing Windows 3.11 on the PB and it got me thinking around playing with web based operating systems like;

CloudMe - Your files online
    Cloudo
    Welcome to eyeOS Professional
    xOS Link Login
    Glide OS 4.0 - The First Complete Online Operating System

Just wondering if anyone else with a Playbook has been using these and has any success or if there are other web based OS's that can be shared on this thread?
    11-19-11 07:52 AM
    try GlideLife.com on the Playbook - it is definitely a great way to access your files from your Mac or Windows PC.
    11-19-11 12:45 PM
    I am setting up EyeOS on a server based on my experience with the free online trial. Microsoft is offering Office365 as a cloud-based service for a monthly fee which some people might find attractive. Maybe with the partnership, cough, cough, between Research In Motion and Microsoft we might see an application for the BlackBerry PlayBook. Whenever Research In Motion decides to enable use of the BlackBerry smartphone keyboard as an input device for the BlackBerry tablet, I predict more people will migrate towards "cloud-based" office suites.
    11-19-11 01:05 PM
    It makes sense for more and more people to start using cloud based suites since more people are purchasing tablets, where actual storage space is restricted. I found zoho.com to be good if you if need a office suite for free as well.

Just think it would be cool to have an web based OS that responses to the touch gestures correctly that you log into on your tablet on a daily basis and use all the time.

I found Cloudo to reflect a normal desktop experience so far.
    11-19-11 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD