I am ordering a playbook tomorrow to take advantage of the sale. My wife wants me not to open it till my birthday at the end of March. I was wondering how long I have to send it back or call support for help.
    Thanks

Of course I don't want to wait one day
    jdngfx likes this.
    02-09-12 08:10 PM
    I believe you get 90 days so you should be ok
    02-09-12 08:12 PM
    and 1 year for advance exchange or repair of unit
    02-09-12 08:14 PM
    You will lose 6 weeks of free tech service. You should really check the place of purchase. Folks have had some with bad pixels. You really don't want to lose an opportunity to get a perfect one. And if you wait that long, if there were a problem, rim might send a refurb. Can't you pretend your birthday is early or on your birthday, resurprise yourself?
    02-09-12 08:37 PM
    Yes, the warranty starts from the date of purchase.
    02-10-12 06:06 AM
    I am ordering a playbook tomorrow to take advantage of the sale. My wife wants me not to open it till my birthday at the end of March.
    To quote Dr. Gregory House, "Your wife is an ."
    02-10-12 06:44 AM
    wife should have bought it a week before your bday
    02-10-12 07:48 AM
    she is buying it from shopblackberry, and the sale ends on the 11th of Feb, so have to get it early. I will probably start using it when I get it just to be on the safe side.
    Thanks
    02-10-12 08:30 AM
    Just to confirm, your warranty starts from the day you activate the tablet...turning it on, and going through the initial set up. The serial number does not register with the server until it is activated. Also, the same rules apply to 90days of technical support. Hope that helps.
    mike in nc likes this.
    02-13-12 10:00 PM
    Just to confirm, your warranty starts from the day you activate the tablet...turning it on, and going through the initial set up. The serial number does not register with the server until it is activated. Also, the same rules apply to 90days of technical support. Hope that helps.
    Thanks, hoping it arrives today,,,,,,,,, doing important things now, picking out wallpaper, reading tips,,,,,, picking out apps I want,,,,,,,,,,waiting, checking mail box, waiting,,,,,,,
    02-14-12 06:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD