Hello all.

I'm kinda new to the Playbook world but I love my device and I've stumbled across an issue that I can't seem to control..

I've recently downloaded a lot of cool wallpapers that are 1024x600 and I used wireless transfer to copy them into the photo's folder.

When I open Pictures on the PB and open one I wish to have as my wallpaper I swipe from the top and hit "Set as wallpaper" the box comes down saying "Picture set as wallpaper" but the wallpaper doesn't change..?
    09-04-13 08:26 AM
    That should do it.
    You might try to take a picture with the playbook using the PB camera, view it in the Pictures folder, and set that one to wallpaper and see if it then sets that as wallpaper. If that works, then the next step is to reload the images you do want as wallpaper using the WIRED transfer, no wifi. If it then works as you expect, then something went wonky on the wifi transfer. Get back to us with your results. Good Luck and welcome!

C
    09-04-13 08:49 AM
    Welcome to the forums!

Also try rebooting your device: Hold Vol-, Vol+ then Power (if you hear a click, start again) and only let go after the device goes back to the bubbles loading screen.

Oh yeah, I'd use 1024x1024 if you want it to rotate properly.
    09-04-13 08:54 AM
    Mine does that from time to time. If you restart your PB the wallpaper should show up for you. Never could figure out why it does this but simply shutting it down & turning it back on always fixes it for me.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-04-13 10:10 AM
    Mine does that from time to time. If you restart your PB the wallpaper should show up for you. Never could figure out why it does this but simply shutting it down & turning it back on always fixes it for me.
    Yes, I recall reading about this issue on and off for a while. Nothing to pin it on - it just happens sometimes.
    Chrysalis1156 likes this.
    09-04-13 10:21 AM
    First of all thank you for the suggestions.

I reset it a bunch of times while I was at work but kinda gave up but I just got home and got onto my computer and just turned the PB off completely (not just a restart) and powered it back on and it changes now without a problem.

It's strange, it didn't like just simply being restarted.

Also I have noticed now that using 1024x600 doesn't rotate very well, I will find some cool looking 1024x1024 pictures and see what they're like.

Thanks for the help people. ^.^
    Carl Estes, FF22 and Chrysalis1156 like this.
    09-04-13 01:24 PM