My new Playbook wakes from standby if I press or tap on the (same) bezel more than once, is this normal behavior? I was under the impression that a full bezel-to-bezel swipe was required.
    05-20-11 10:02 AM
    just tried what you did and mine didn't turn on..but when i attempt turn it on with a swipe from bezel to bezel, I don't actually have to touch both, if i go 3/4 of the way without touching the other bezel it can turn on.
    05-20-11 10:06 AM
    Mine still requires a full swipe.
    05-20-11 10:07 AM
    I have noticed that if I use the power button to shut off the screen of the PlayBook, sometimes (but not all the time) the PlayBook will wake back up as I am putting it into the slip case. I assume that I am tapping the screen just right to wake it up, as I am not hitting the power button, and I am not swiping from bezel to bezel when this happens.
    05-20-11 10:09 AM
    Mine only requires a 3/4 swipe. It doesn't actually have to touch the second bezel. The "double tap" doesn't work on mine.
    05-20-11 10:17 AM
    I just swipe the screen and it wakes up, without ever touching the bezel at all.
    05-20-11 10:21 AM
    I just swipe the screen and it wakes up, without ever touching the bezel at all.
    You're right, I don't have to touch the bezel at all.
    05-20-11 10:23 AM
    just tried what you did and mine didn't turn on..but when i attempt turn it on with a swipe from bezel to bezel, I don't actually have to touch both, if i go 3/4 of the way without touching the other bezel it can turn on.
    same here...from Day 1 !!!
    I only do 3/4 swipe and my PB comes to life !!! Just love it !!!
    funny thing, i also own a iPhone 4 and my times i do a swipe to wake it and then <slammmmm> it doesnt work...and then i slowly realize i need to manually put it ON by pressing a button (& apple calls it a smartphone) !!!
    05-20-11 10:24 AM
    My new Playbook wakes from standby if I press or tap on the (same) bezel more than once, is this normal behavior? I was under the impression that a full bezel-to-bezel swipe was required.
    I'd wake up too if you tapped my bezel.

Bazinga!

Sorry, I'm in a good mood today. TGIF!
    05-20-11 10:26 AM
    I'd wake up too if you tapped my bezel.

Bazinga!

Sorry, I'm in a good mood today. TGIF!
    LMAO May 2-4 Beers in you already? I have always done a 3/4 swipe and works, I did try double tapping to no avail
    05-20-11 11:43 AM
    Thanks for the replies! It's strange that everything I read about the Playbook clearly stated that a bezel-to-bezel swipe was required to wake it, but it doesn't seem to actually be the case. I think I'd prefer it if a swipe were required, it would save on battery loss from accidental wakes.

Loving the PB, otherwise.
    05-20-11 12:24 PM
    After the last update, mine would wake back up if I just tapped the screen. I had to do a wipe and reloaded the OS to get the sample movie back and now it's back to bezel-to-bezel, but the battery life is much improved.
    05-20-11 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD