Its actually not stupid. Peoples acceptance or rejection of an entire brand tends to form from a bad experience.
    Yes, that is true. What I am saying is that that is a stupid way to live. Of course you will be wary of products from a particular company after experiencing a poor quality one, or will favour another company after having a good quality product from them. But you shouldn't declare every single product the company ever has or ever will make as crap just because you have had one or two bad experiences. That is what is childish and stupid. I'm not trying to be condescending, I am simply observing that is foolish to assume that every product a company will ever make will be terrible because they've had bad products in the past.

Sometimes, that will be the case. In others, not so. For example, I am not a fan of any current Apple product. That does not mean that I hate Apple, or will automatically write off all their future products as useless.
    05-13-12 06:48 AM
    I understand what you mean now. For me its just easier to hate the company and everything it makes(apple... cough...), its why I am so cynical and grumpy
    I am a "brand" loyal customer.
    Having said that the Sony Tablet S is a very well designed tablet for around 399aud its a bargain

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    05-13-12 08:26 PM
    One can only assume you will never own a blu-ray then. That was also a Sony creation, to rival HD DVD, the same as Betamax was made to rival VHS. Guess you don't want to have an HD movie collection at any point in the next few years (blu-ray will be the industry standard for HD movies for the at least several more years)

Don't hate the company. If they have a decent product, buy it and enjoy it. If they have a bad product, don't buy it. Simple as that. No need to declare complete opposition to an entire company because you don't like one or two of their products. That is simply childish and stupid.
    Thank you for the personal analysis. I do not hate their products. I hate the company itself. They treat their customers like the enemy and seem to do everything they can to screw over thier customers.

Some informative reading for you:
    Sony anti-customer technology roundup and time-line - Boing Boing
    Sony's 'No-Sue' PlayStation Network Use Clause is Anti-Consumer | PCWorld
    Class Action Lawsuit Against Sony PlayStation Network | NJ Consumer Class Action Lawyers
    Sony screwing artists out of iTunes royalties, customers out of first-sale - Boing Boing
    Sony Screws Customer, Literally - Technabob
    DailyTech - Sony PS3 Update Tries to Force Customers to Sign Away Their Rights
    05-14-12 06:07 AM
    Thank you for the personal analysis. I do not hate their products. I hate the company itself. They treat their customers like the enemy and seem to do everything they can to screw over thier customers.
    Welcome to the world of CE, Samsung, Apple, Dell, HP, you can find plenty of forum posts around the internet where these companies have screwed their customers in different ways.
    Its not unique to Sony, if they have done something to you personally, then you are entitled to feel that way.
    I still think their tablet is a decent buy for what you get. Android is a bit cluttered but it feels nice, looks nice and runs very smoothly.
    05-14-12 06:18 AM
    The post I was responding to was you saying you wouldn't support Sony in any way, implying heavily you would not buy their products. As pointed out above, most companies at one point or another "mistreat" consumers.
    05-14-12 06:30 AM
    here's a story. A coworker of mine came down from the other side of the building and asked me to get her Kindle Fire on the wifi network in the building (only a few of us know the credentials). Anyhow, she bought me some cookies afterwards

Then I thought about it, what the heck was she doing with the tablet BEFORE she was able to get on wifi?? just sitting there staring at it wondering why she even brought it to work

so you're right, it comes down to Bridge, makes all the world of difference
    Must b playing angry birds
    05-14-12 06:32 AM
    Eventually ..we came to the BRIDGE ..and she was like come on ! that's not fair
    Absolutely agree. I don't even care about the native email because of bridge. I used it briefly, but I much prefer the bridge email.
    05-14-12 06:41 AM
    True. Bridge plays more of an extension to ur BB, and acts as an catalyst.
    Had rim been more aggressive in its marketing and project it more of as an extention for current BB users people's perspective/expectations would had been different. It would had helped rim and made people realize that their PB isn't like any other tab and moreover just yet another *app launcher*, its actually a thing make ur work done more efficiently.
    Market and tech journalist then may have been more soft on its lack of apps then.
    rickpeddler likes this.
    05-14-12 08:48 AM
    The post I was responding to was you saying you wouldn't support Sony in any way, implying heavily you would not buy their products. As pointed out above, most companies at one point or another "mistreat" consumers.
    I will not support Sony by purchasing their products. It does not mean I think their products are junk. I will not support their business practices. It is still a (relatively) free country and do not appreciate the personal attack for stating my personal opinion. Have a different opinion? Good for you. I am not going to call you childish and stupid because you have a different opinion, I will just disagree with you.
    05-14-12 09:02 AM
    Playbook needs an SD card, Thats all it needs for me to buy the "new" playbook. I jus want that dam SD card lol. Cloud is useless with all these hackers and wifi needed to work
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    05-14-12 01:33 PM
    Playbook needs an SD card, Thats all it needs for me to buy the "new" playbook. I jus want that dam SD card lol. Cloud is useless with all these hackers and wifi needed to work
    well ur right..if the playbook supported usb host..at least for a card reader...it would be awesome...
    06-02-12 11:23 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD