sounds alot wired

but yes i am in this puzzle
    i am looking for something portable to share with my laptop
    my options are a playbook in addition to a phone for just calls or going for the amazing Galaxy sii
    what do you think my thoughts thats anything that i am going to do on the galaxy the playbook can do better except for calling (thats why i am adding a standard phone to the playbook)
    like browsing the internet, watching movies..etc
    but i am also finding the Galaxy sii too good to miss it
    whats your thoughts
    05-08-11 09:14 AM
    Personally I would go with the playbook. I have had mine since launch day and I really love it. The native email and PIM are coming but for now I use the bridge app with my blackberry bold. You can also get to your email provider via the web.

I played around with the android tablets and playbook was my choice hands down. The browser is fantasitic, I have had no issues with the WiFi and the apps are increasing. I have tried out the camera, video camera and it works great.

If you have not tried out the playbook I suggest you go to one of the locations and play around with it. It is an awesome device that is little misunderstood because of all the press and incorrect statements that have been made.

Even though I am a blackberry person all the way it boils down to your personal preference. What do you plan to use it for, which UI do you like, etc. Do you want to be part of history in the making...;-)

Whichever way you go I hope you enjoy your purchase!
    05-08-11 09:25 AM
    i really find it hard to choose between them!!!
    05-08-11 09:55 AM
    Galaxy S II; I doubt your cell phone for calls could do tethering, so the PlayBook would be pretty useless on the go, especially since it doesn't have native email, contacts, and calendar yet (I know it's coming!).
    05-08-11 10:17 AM
    The Galaxy S II looks great, all in one device, I'd go with it and get a 10" tablet down the road.

The text reflow feature on android devices makes reading many web pages easier on a 4.3" device than the Playbook.
    Last edited by Sonic77; 05-08-11 at 12:27 PM.
    05-08-11 10:17 AM
    I own a S2 and it is faster than the playbook. I still really like the playbook but if I had to choose I would go with the S2 because I carry it everywhere it makes calls, IM's, and text.
    05-08-11 10:29 AM
    galaxy s2 thats for sure. more value for money.
    05-08-11 10:42 AM
    which is more powerful?
    i hear some people say that the playbook is by far the most powerful tablet
    05-08-11 08:51 PM
    i suggest you try both devices as user experience will be the biggest differentiator between the two. the ui are very different as well as the eco system. try them both out and see what works for you.
    05-08-11 09:10 PM
    i can't try them because both devices are not available in my country i will order them
    so please can anyone who tried both make a very brief comparison:

-Processor & GPU
    -Display
    -Display Responsiveness (very important to me)
    -productivity
    -web browsing
    -gaming

that would be very helpful
    05-08-11 09:28 PM
    One is a smartphone the other a tablet , are you using it as phone ?
    05-08-11 09:49 PM
    i said that i will pair the playbook with a standard phone
    05-08-11 09:58 PM
    i said that i will pair the playbook with a standard phone
    This is where you might run into issues. A "standard" phone means what? If it just an out of the box phone and you can't teather it for internet to the PlayBook I would pass on the the PlayBook...as hard as that is for me to say. It is a great device but as of right now unless you have a BB phone or some other smart phone to tie to it you will be dissapointed and I wouldn't want you to spend all that money and not have something that works for you.
    05-08-11 10:18 PM
    i am thinking this standard phone may be blackberry pearl
    05-08-11 10:27 PM
    hello, just wanted to add that i have never owned a BB product until my Playbook and that i have considered the Ipad and such, but i hate how my gf's ipod touch works. I agree apps are great, but everything revolves around itunes. Oh and i hate itunes, i dont even have quicktime on my computer... i also wanted something that multitasked like a champ and that i can watch videos and surf the net with. I really don't care for games and other apps. (i just want more TD's). Im also only using it for wifi as i dont have an overpriced data plan.

Anyhow... all this to say that i love this thing... i litteraly wake up and go to sleep with it.
    05-08-11 10:30 PM
    i find trying a different platform very hard to adjust after finding blackberry reliable for this long.plus the battery life on other platforms sucks.
    05-08-11 10:44 PM
    i am thinking this standard phone may be blackberry pearl
    if your standard phone will be a BB then i dont see how you can go wrong with a Playbook. While its very true you dont need BB to enjoy a Playbook, it is much better because of the bridge. The Playbook is my 1rst tablet so i cant compare it to anything else but i can say i cant seem to put this darn thing down
    05-08-11 11:08 PM
    can anyone please do the comparison i requested
    05-09-11 03:31 AM
    The Galaxy S II looks great, all in one device, I'd go with it and get a 10" tablet down the road.

The text reflow feature on android devices makes reading many web pages easier on a 4.3" device than the Playbook.
    i thought that the playbook web browsing is second to none
    05-09-11 03:37 AM
    i am not trying to rush anyone
    but i have to make my order today
    05-09-11 03:59 AM
    Why not galaxy tab?
    05-09-11 06:19 AM
    Really depend on your needs. I had a Playbook and Mifi but I couldn't find time to play with it. Most of the time i choose to use my slow BB9000 instead, because of it's compactness.
    05-09-11 06:27 AM
    Galaxy S II; I doubt your cell phone for calls could do tethering, so the PlayBook would be pretty useless on the go, especially since it doesn't have native email, contacts, and calendar yet (I know it's coming!).
    Why wouldn't his cell phone tether with the Playbook? You really don't know what you are talking about.
    05-09-11 07:54 AM
    The Galaxy S II is the most advanced Smarthphone with data available.
    You can make calls and access the internet from just about anywhere, using just 1 device.
    You can share its mobile data connection with your laptop too, with the right plan.

The Playbook paired with your basic phone is wifi only,
    and a hassle to carry 2 devices especially
    with one being the large size of the Playbook,
    and unless your in a wifi area you wont even be able to get on the internet.

I just don't understand why you can not choose?
    05-09-11 08:03 AM
    Galaxy s 2, or galaxy tab for more screen area.
    No need to wait for updates, tethering or carrying mifi. No bridge of death.
    05-09-11 08:17 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD