I do wish RIM would partner with amazon for the purposes of their ecosystem. However, amazon is flash compatible so this is almost moot, apps would be nice though. That said, I won't buy a kindle fire or any other tablet for that matter until it can bridge with my blackberry.
    I don't follow. Can you elaborate?
    08-13-12 08:51 PM
    how does kindle have a better screen? when i compared them side by side pb has better color and brightness

PB: TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors 600 x 1024 pixels, 7.0 inches (~170 ppi pixel density)

KF: TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors 1024 x 600 pixels, 7.0 inches (~170 ppi pixel density)
    Kindle Fire has an IPS Gorilla Glass display, Although if you take a look at the PlayBook, and as a matter of fact any BlackBerry 7 device, even though its a TFT LCD Display, the viewing angles look so good if anyone said it was an IPS display you'd believe it on the spot.

Seriously I really don't know what it is with BlackBerry displays but they've always been quite stellar despite being considered "simple tech"
    08-13-12 09:08 PM
    I'd love to hear how exactly BlackBerry Phones suck so bad.

Used my 8520 as a work phone for a month and there was nothing USEFUL the boss' iPhone 4S could do that my trusted, good, really old, outdated 8520 couldn't do (and sometimes do better). Whenever the 9780 would step in (during after hours) it would give reasons for "not bad" looks (you know, like the meme).

Now, I too want a "magical" image correction app for my pictures. But oh, wait, I don't really need one, since my 9780 actually takes good pictures.

So yeah... It's really relative what sucks and what doesn't. Lack of proper LED notifications sucks big time on my book... See where I'm getting here?
    Are you serious???.....my 9860 is constantly freezing not responding etc etc ,i use it for work ,so i don't have any games or memory robbing apps etc ....great with emails etc but that constant freezing unresponsive crap is a killer in my book
    I mean seriously, there are people living in space ,...THEY ARE CONTROLLING A REMOTE CONTROLE CAR ON MARS !!!!!! And they cant make a phone just plain work like its supposed to ???
    All kidding aside , i was probably one of the first adopters of this phone , if i pay $700 for a phone i expect it to at least work for a year without glitching like crazy
    My phone is used for work ,which is what most bb owners use them for i cant stop midday to take out a battery (seriously WTF???) to restart a phone , and mind you it takes like 15~20 minutes. To restart..crazy ,,and i dont feel i should be an it expert ,to sit and fix that ....
    Playbook yes ,10 points i will chose it over ipad/kindle/galaxy all day ,i love it the UI to me is fresh compared to the same other stuff out there ,and it just plain works ....phones ....not so much ,if they can just shrink the playbook ,add phone calling and just a few key apps (and yes these are relative to the user) i would be a happy camper
    08-13-12 09:26 PM
    I don't follow. Can you elaborate?
    My point was that I choose to use amazon as my media ecosystem and I use it on my computer, tv, and playbook. I don't use netflix, I have amazon prime instead, there is no app but since it's flash compatible I can go to Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more and stream all the movies they have on that service for free or the ones I have purchased. I also have a pre nerf cloud collection of music that I can stream for free of their sites on my account. (you have to pay for that now if your not grandfathered).

Yeah an app would be nice, then it would have bigger buttons so I wouldn't have to pinch and zoom and play dodge the ad but whatever, it works and netflix doesn't.

I keep my old collection on a personal cloud that I can stream anytime, but I don't buy physical movies anymore. Just easier to buy streaming rights. All modern bluray players have an amazon app anyways. Amazon is kind of the way to go. If you go apple you are stuck in their pond so to speak. At least amazon let's you bring your own toys to the party.
    08-13-12 09:42 PM
    My point was that I choose to use amazon as my media ecosystem and I use it on my computer, tv, and playbook. I don't use netflix, I have amazon prime instead, there is no app but since it's flash compatible I can go to Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more and stream all the movies they have on that service for free or the ones I have purchased. I also have a pre nerf cloud collection of music that I can stream for free of their sites on my account. (you have to pay for that now if your not grandfathered).

Yeah an app would be nice, then it would have bigger buttons so I wouldn't have to pinch and zoom and play dodge the ad but whatever, it works and netflix doesn't.

I keep my old collection on a personal cloud that I can stream anytime, but I don't buy physical movies anymore. Just easier to buy streaming rights. All modern bluray players have an amazon app anyways. Amazon is kind of the way to go. If you go apple you are stuck in their pond so to speak. At least amazon let's you bring your own toys to the party.
    Much clearer now, thanks. Your point is valid and it is the reason why apps became huge: Nobody had a proper browser that would actually give them content. This isn't true when it comes to the PlayBook.

Some stuff though, works better out of the browser (I for one, dread using Office 360's Excel. ).

At some point, there was a partnership between RIM and Amazon... The Music Store was supposed to be powered by Amazon. Nobody knows for certain what happened there...

Are you serious???.....

If there are no "", "" or "" then I am serious.

my 9860 is constantly freezing not responding etc etc

My 9780 runs smooth. It's called maintenance and... well... hybrids. Look into those.

,i use it for work ,so i don't have any games or memory robbing apps etc ....great with emails etc but that constant freezing unresponsive crap is a killer in my book
    I mean seriously, there are people living in space ,...THEY ARE CONTROLLING A REMOTE CONTROLE CAR ON MARS !!!!!! And they cant make a phone just plain work like its supposed to ???

Again, my phone works as it is supposed to. Only time it slows down is when App World is doing it's thing. You have a 1.2ghz processor in there. Take the time to make the OS run as it should and never complain again (the 8520 is running one of WillyBoy's hybrid, don't remember which. 9780 on raikkohad v12 - I think.).

All kidding aside , i was probably one of the first adopters of this phone , if i pay $700 for a phone i expect it to at least work for a year without glitching like crazy

I expect all tech to go coocoo after 3 months. Wipes, HD formating... I do all that frequently to keep things running smooth. That's what backups are for, right? If I had a penny for every time I installed Windows 7...

My phone is used for work ,which is what most bb owners use them for i cant stop midday to take out a battery (seriously WTF???) to restart a phone , and mind you it takes like 15~20 minutes. To restart..crazy ,,and i dont feel i should be an it expert ,to sit and fix that ....

My 9780 takes less than 2 minutes. Again, I really think you should look into proper BlackBerry maintenance for your phone. A 9860 should not be doing what you're saying it is.

Playbook yes ,10 points i will chose it over ipad/kindle/galaxy all day ,i love it the UI to me is fresh compared to the same other stuff out there ,and it just plain works ....phones ....not so much ,if they can just shrink the playbook ,add phone calling and just a few key apps (and yes these are relative to the user) i would be a happy camper
    That's pretty much the core of BB10. You'll be a happy camper, of that we can be sure of.

Do look into the points I mentioned, a 9860 should outperform my 9780, not the other way around.
    Last edited by diegonei; 08-13-12 at 09:56 PM.
    08-13-12 09:48 PM
    Yeah if your berry is freezing so much something wrong is going on. Your memory is filling up! I would recommend closing apps that you are done using with the escape button rather than the end button as that will actually shut them down. If you want to query what is open hold the BlackBerry button down and you will see your active app que. Be advised some apps never close. But most do, so if you see apps running that you don't want to then pull email back open and close them right. Get in the proper habit of that and it will be second nature, at that point you could rock an 8320 and it wouldn't freeze. I should know because that is what I had to do to make that dinosaur work.

Now I am on a 9900 and still have that habit so it runs like butter.
    08-13-12 10:01 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD