it seems you use the browser a lot for "work"
    but pb is slow, bookmarks are awful
    the browsing experience is awful

Files and folder is pure garbage, message app does not need to be open

multitasking on mobile devices is highly overrated
    You are definitely entitled to your opinion.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    04-21-13 11:53 AM
    So far very impressed with fast browser. Just may bring
    my PB back to life. 99 cents on BlackBerry. World.
    04-21-13 12:29 PM
    Noooo sad to say not I just meant the PlayBook only working on wifi, I have the original model, although my friend has an all singing all dancing 50" 3d tv with wifi/bluetooth so I may have to pop over and try that out :-)

Posted via CB10
    yeah,,, the tv i just got's like that,,, this thing does stuff i didn't know it did when i bought it,,, amazing,,, customer service told me that it doesn't have bluetooth capabilities, yet it shows up in my phone & playbooks' bluetooth connections list, so i know there's some kind of capability there, i just need to figure it out...
    04-21-13 01:59 PM
    How recent did you get it? If you're still in the return window the newer nexus tablet should be out by July. In the meantime I installed Fast Browser on my PB to hold me over

sent from pure android on tapatalk. carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all.
    Fast Browser is nice. It makes my Playbook more usable for browsing, that's for sure.

You know, Unless they do something dramatically different with the speakers, I am fine with this one. I got it on sale due to the new ones coming out, and it's a great little tablet. No lag on anything I do, beautiful screen. It's just a nice device for the price. It's one major downside for me is quite possibly the worst sounding speaker on any electronic device I own. My iPhone 4's tiny speakers blow it away. One thing I like to do with a tablet is leave it on bedside table at night to play Podcasts. The Playbook sits there in it's charging stand right now because it's better for the task.

If anything, I would consider maybe trying the 10" version when the new one comes out. I find myself using the Nexus for more tasks than the Playbook because it's so peppy, so a 10" one would be neat to try.

One thing that Playbook will always be used for is travel though. It's durability, abilities as a media player, and the HDMI out make it awesome for tossing in my bag for trips.
    04-21-13 04:09 PM
    I've had nexus 7 for few weeks. I did test it against pb fast browser and nexus was that much faster at all.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Can't agree with that from my experiences. Nor a lot of other people's experiences posted all over this forum. My Playbook browser runs ok after a security wipe. But even then, not as fast as the various browsers I have tried on the Nexus. The Keyboard is also way more responsive on the Nexus, especially when in the browser.

If the Playbook's browser was better (to me), I would not have bought a second tablet. I like the Playbook. But the browser just plain sucks on it.

Once again though, thanks to the developer of Fast Browser. For .99$, that is a one great app. And he's constantly improving it.
    Last edited by torndownunit; 04-21-13 at 04:24 PM.
    04-21-13 04:14 PM
    Can't agree with that from my experiences. Nor a lot of other people's experiences posted all over this forum. My Playbook browser runs ok after a security wipe. But even then, not as fast as the various browsers I have tried on the Nexus. The Keyboard is also way more responsive on the Nexus, especially when in the browser.

If the Playbook's browser was better (to me), I would not have bought a second tablet. I like the Playbook. But the browser just plain sucks on it.

Once again though, thanks to the developer of Fast Browser. For .99$, that is a one great app. And he's constantly improving it.
    I did compare fast browser with nexus Firefox and chrome. Firefox us not faster than fast browser at all. Chrome is faster but not on every website. I did not compare native browser to Firefox or chrome.

IPad mini is perhaps better tablet but because it has insane amount of apps. Not because it is actually has better specs. Having said that I think nexus 7 blows IPad mini out of the water with quad core cut higher resolutions, i also think that android os is inherently better os than ios. Playbook is great value and it is great tablet for os7 blackberry owners due to the bridge. Unfortunately z10 owners are not so lucky. Bridge sucks on z10

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 05:24 PM
    I also had the iPad mini for about 4 months. I sold it in favor of the Galaxy Note 10.1. Best decision I ever made. I found that that for my needs it was not possible for any iOS device to cut it for me. But I decided I wanted a portable tablet and a big one.

Now I'm a happy owner of both my Playbook and my Note 10.1. I can't imagine a better combo that is available right now for my needs.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 04-21-13 at 10:29 PM.
    04-21-13 10:09 PM
    man, i missed out on those 16"TB" models,,, you could probably store the entire Library of Congress on there w/ room for every movie & song known to man,,, ,,, i know it's a typo, but fun is fun...
    I was going to to comment on that too but I see you have this one covered lol
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    04-21-13 10:16 PM
    I did compare fast browser with nexus Firefox and chrome. Firefox us not faster than fast browser at all. Chrome is faster but not on every website. I did not compare native browser to Firefox or chrome.

IPad mini is perhaps better tablet but because it has insane amount of apps. Not because it is actually has better specs. Having said that I think nexus 7 blows IPad mini out of the water with quad core cut higher resolutions, i also think that android os is inherently better os than ios. Playbook is great value and it is great tablet for os7 blackberry owners due to the bridge. Unfortunately z10 owners are not so lucky. Bridge sucks on z10

Posted via CB10
    PB's native browser VS. other browsers is what I am comparing (and what most people are comparing). Fast Browser is still fairly new. While in "Fast Mode" it is faster, it's due to it reducing features to get that speed (eg stopping scripting). Without fast mode on, it's only slightly faster than the stock browser, partially due to it's ad blocking capabilities. Fast Browser is a great app to make the Playbook browsing experience better. But I find I have to use it to enjoy browsing on my PB at all. There are so many great browser alternatives using another platforms. You have a choice between a bunch of good options to pick from.
    04-22-13 05:25 AM
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the feedback, it is interesting to see everyones opinions. I do not consider myself to be a particular fan of any one brand, so thought it would be nice to give a comparison from a non-technical point of view.

I agree that PB does do the multitasking and it feels a little more sturdy in the hands. over thr weekend I was out working on my car and when I was looking for some manuals the first tablet I grabbed was the playbook and took it out with me. That was one of the areas the multi tasking shone above all other tablets I have had the pleasure to use.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    04-22-13 10:39 AM
    I have both products and while the playbook is great with its multitasking and audio (speakers FACE YOU) the mini wins with the apps (e.g all the google apps, flipboard, skype, netflix etc.) The number of apps and the integration is excellent for the mini. I know that you can side load apps for the playbook which I have done but they were just too sluggish for me to use The mini even incorporates some variation of swiping between apps using 4 finger swiping. I have been waiting for the the updates to BB10 and the offer of USB to go but was given a mini and unfortunately i now hardly use the playbook Hopefully the BB10 update will bring me back.......i really really hope so. For some reason i feel dirty using an iOS product (I use a macbook pro and mac mini). But there is hope for me yet...I will be getting Z10/Q10 and still have my trusted 9900
    xanadu5579 likes this.
    04-24-13 06:47 AM
61 123