Can someone post a hardware comparison, sorry I would but I'm driving and lazy. Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 09:25 AM
    ah, another scofflaw...DWT (driving while texting). Pay attention to your DRIVING!!! (actually, I hope you don't read this until you get to your destination...)
    09-28-10 09:27 AM
    09-28-10 09:52 AM
    I think as excited as I am about the Playbook, I am quite curious as to how Apple will respond. Will they rush iPad 2 out, will they be negative, etc.....
    09-28-10 09:59 AM
    I think as excited as I am about the Playbook, I am quite curious as to how Apple will respond. Will they rush iPad 2 out, will they be negative, etc.....
    I don't really like the iPad.

1. screen isn't all that bright, AND after owning a 5G touch, the screen looks grainy. LOL! (they spoiled us with the retina display) (and yes, i detest the term "retina display") (I'm hoping the PB has a screen nearly as bright as that of my S2)

2. Apple's walled garden. I detest Job's iron-fisted ways (no Flash...)

3. non replaceable battery (hope the PB has one)

4. the iPad vibrates furiously when the speaker is used. never seen a product vibrate so much just from using its speaker.

5. too big, IMO. definitely a "stay-at-home" product (at least it would be, if I owned it--I'm not about to schlepp it around town)

I could go on...
    09-28-10 10:10 AM
    09-28-10 10:12 AM
    I couldn't care what Apple has to say with the Playbook or any other device. The Playbook is a far better device hardware wise, heck even HP's tablet looks better (although going based on an leaked internal document).
    I really am interested in the price of the Playbook. We think $500?
    09-28-10 10:26 AM
    If they rush out the iPad2, it could be their first big mistake in a while

09-28-10 10:53 AM
    I think it will realy come down to apps.

The other 98% of the buying audience doesn't know what a processor even is, and Apple markets as such. They don't really mention specs in their ads, at least not in depth. It's all about the experience and what you can do with all the apps you can download.
    09-28-10 10:56 AM

Wait..their "first" big mistake? How about zero multi-task on first phones..antennagate..iOS 4.0 etc etc..

09-28-10 10:58 AM
    frankly they shouldn't even be compared @ all. It's an insult to the PlayBook lol!!

256mb ram on the Ipad vs 1gb on the PB, front n rear cameras on the PB;none on Ipad, flash support on the PB,microHDMI and microUSB support on the Ipad.

Other features of the Playbook that are absent on the ipad are ability to tether via bluetooth,switch data back n forth between synced BB smartphone and access the data from either device( think of it as viewing your entire blackberry on a bigger screen)

the list goes on.

With a rumored 2011 release date though, what is the guarantee that the competition won't have released comparable devices?

Overall, the PlayBook smokes the Ipad hands down
    09-28-10 11:01 AM
    Wait..their "first" big mistake? How about zero multi-task on first phones..antennagate..iOS 4.0 etc etc..

Hehe I mean at the "apple Newton" level

09-28-10 11:01 AM
    I don't really like the iPad.

1. screen isn't all that bright, AND after owning a 5G touch, the screen looks grainy. LOL! (they spoiled us with the retina display) (and yes, i detest the term "retina display") (I'm hoping the PB has a screen nearly as bright as that of my S2)

2. Apple's walled garden. I detest Job's iron-fisted ways (no Flash...)

3. non replaceable battery (hope the PB has one)

4. the iPad vibrates furiously when the speaker is used. never seen a product vibrate so much just from using its speaker.

5. too big, IMO. definitely a "stay-at-home" product (at least it would be, if I owned it--I'm not about to schlepp it around town)

I could go on...

In response to item 3. It's said to have a fixed battery. kinda sucks
    09-28-10 11:02 AM
    frankly they shouldn't even be compared @ all. It's an insult to the PlayBook lol!!

256mb ram on the Ipad vs 1gb on the PB, front n rear cameras on the PB;none on Ipad, flash support on the PB,microHDMI and microUSB support on the Ipad.

Other features of the Playbook that are absent on the ipad are ability to tether via bluetooth,switch data back n forth between synced BB smartphone and access the data from either device( think of it as viewing your entire blackberry on a bigger screen)

the list goes on.

With a rumored 2011 release date though, what is the guarantee that the competition won't have released comparable devices?

Overall, the PlayBook smokes the Ipad hands down
    And that's where you're wrong. The vast majority do not care about connections, RAM, and bluetooth tethering. Apple knows this.

Apple markets an experience and thats what has made them so successful.
    09-28-10 11:05 AM
    In response to item 3. It's said to have a fixed battery. kinda sucks
    darn. I missed that tidbit in the specs. thanks.
    09-28-10 11:05 AM
    As stated in another sub-forum you can not really compare the Playbook to the IPad we need to wait for IPad 2.0 to come out to actually do an honest compare. Now against the Galaxy and HP Tablet... I think its going to blow them out of the water.
    09-28-10 11:07 AM
    As stated in another sub-forum you can not really compare the Playbook to the IPad we need to wait for IPad 2.0 to come out to actually do an honest compare. Now against the Galaxy and HP Tablet... I think its going to blow them out of the water.
    I was interested in the Tab until I found out about the requirement for a data plan. major bummer.
    09-28-10 11:10 AM
    I think its sort of fair because the playbook is blackberrys first tablet and ipad was apples first tablet

09-28-10 11:21 AM
    Don't know about "blow them out of the water", this looks pretty good:

Samsung Reveals Tablet Launch Details

But I think the Playbook will have some definite advantages. RIM lost out on a lot of new users by delaying this until after Christmas.
    09-28-10 12:34 PM
    Don't know about "blow them out of the water", this looks pretty good:

Samsung Reveals Tablet Launch Details

But I think the Playbook will have some definite advantages. RIM lost out on a lot of new users by delaying this until after Christmas.
    They aren't "delaying it" on purpose, for gawd's sakes! They are getting it ready ASAP. Do you think they are in business to NOT ship products?
    09-28-10 12:52 PM
    RIM has the hardware mark and is banking on their new HTML5 apps that devs will codevelop for OS6 and the tablet like Apple did with iOS. I do like the native tethering with the phones, something Apple is lacking.

I feel RIM announced this too far out and without any actual usable demos. Apple had theirs on display and with a solid release date and price. These are two unknowns for RIM and pushing it back to early 11 gives Apple plenty of time (ipad was announced in January, and Apple always keeps their schedules) to announce a superior refreshed iPad (retina display? Facetime? Dual A4s?), or even worse, HPalm who we all know is making a tablet plenty of time to make headway since they know the bar. With a price too high they will alienate consumers and leaves their potential market too small...

The funniest thing is they have almost crushed the Galaxy S Tablet completely, I wouldn't waste my money on it (mostly cause Android isn't fit for a tablet)

09-28-10 01:14 PM
    I think it should be called "BlackTab", playbook and blackpad just don't sound right.
    09-28-10 01:44 PM
    I think it should be called "BlackTab", playbook and blackpad just don't sound right.
    I am in Love with the PlayBook Name I think it is excellent, The BB PB,

as for my Opinion of Playbook vs iPad, and Timing.

RIM is giving them selves lots of time, to make sure they don't have another Storm 1, they can't mess this up, miss the Holiday season and miss a 100,000 unit sales, Mess up the launch and miss 1,000,000 unit sales.

Business's are not looking to buy for the Holiday Season, they are getting their budgets ready for next year, with the announcement of this they can start looking at how much they are willing to spend on it now for next year purchases, RIM should release pricing at a later date closer to launch time.

I saw zero value to the iPad in my life, this will be a big always on screen for my always active Blackberry, I'd pay $200 if ALL IT WAS was a 7" screen for my BB, the fact it will bring me more than that is icing on the cake!
    Under $600 and I'll go to the US to buy if they don't launch in Canada at the same time, Under $800 I'll wait in Line in a Canadian place to buy, over $1000, They better have some pretty awesome applications I can't live without natively installed
    09-28-10 02:14 PM

Do dropped calls if you hold your phone like a phone ring any bells? :P

And that's where you're wrong. The vast majority do not care about connections, RAM, and bluetooth tethering. Apple knows this.

Apple markets an experience and thats what has made them so successful.
    Not mocking you, just asking. If Apple users don't care about specs, why do so many Apple users come in these forums to say "That BB only has a 624Mhz processor? iPhone's better!"?
    09-28-10 03:36 PM
    Because were the 2% that care, the other 98% of Apples customer base doesn't and that's where Apples marketing is targeted.
    09-28-10 03:44 PM
81 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD