I Have a playbook and a samsung galaxy s2.

Im thinking , if i sold both i would be able to get the galaxy note.

Web browsing is so much faster on the (galaxy note) , higher res, and all apps (including skype) are available.

Since upgrading to 2.0 having even one android app slows the browser down.

I really love my playbook, but the high resolution and the speed does it for me.

But now theres talk of blackberry 10 on it, is it worth waiting for?

Anyone created a Pros and Cons list for the switch?
    Mr.Softberry likes this.
    03-28-12 06:19 AM
    I Have a playbook and a samsung galaxy s2.

Im thinking , if i sold both i would be able to get the galaxy note.

Web browsing is so much faster on the (galaxy note) , higher res, and all apps (including skype) are available.

Since upgrading to 2.0 having even one android app slows the browser down.

I really love my playbook, but the high resolution and the speed does it for me.

Anyone created a Pros and Cons list for the switch?

Con: you will have a phone the size of the Galaxy Note

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    soogriff, drum and husnimd like this.
    03-28-12 06:32 AM
    No idea what you are talking about here? Is what worth waiting for? BB10 on the PB? The PB has QNX - BB10 is the phone version of QNX for BB's.

Do you want a phone or do you want a tablet?
    03-28-12 06:35 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is the PlayBook Tablet Operating System with tweaks to enhance the user interface on the next generation BlackBerry smartphones and presumably current generation BlackBerry tablets. The fact Research In Motion cannot make this understood and their failure to bring these features to the current tablet as a proving ground for the yet to be confirmed smartphones wreaks of a continuation of the "business as usual" attitude and corporate culture. Come on RIM, "Be Bold."
    Spellreflekt likes this.
    03-28-12 06:38 AM
    have heard good things about the Note but 5.3" is too small for a tablet and too big for a phone. Awkward as both but to each his own.
    03-28-12 06:42 AM
    I too have been looking at the Galaxy Note and wondering if this is the future! Like the commercial says the best of both worlds. I use a bluetooth earpiece when I'm on the phone now so I really wouldn't worry about putting a LARGE object up to my ear anyway. Instead of carrying TWO devices I could carry one......talk about extreme portability.
    03-28-12 06:43 AM
    If the phone is just for receiving and calling, I think it should be fine. Those who use it as a camera / mp3 player / those who tweet and those who use Phone GPS, it might be a bit uncomfortable.
    03-28-12 06:50 AM
    I'm surprised at the Note myself. Its so nice, light, thin and portable. As a phone its ridiculous but really nice as a small device but $$$$$
    03-28-12 07:12 AM
    No idea what you are talking about here? Is what worth waiting for? BB10 on the PB? The PB has QNX - BB10 is the phone version of QNX for BB's.

http://crackberry.com/rim-confirms-b...ading-playbook
    03-28-12 07:57 AM
    I want both a tablet and a phone, but would prefer not taking multiple devices.
    03-28-12 07:58 AM
    I want both a tablet and a phone, but would prefer not taking multiple devices.
    Then just keep the playbook, and get the galaxy note
    03-28-12 08:04 AM
    This is a decision you need to base what you want on. If you need Skype or other apps then get the Galaxy. Really you need to make this call. Any forum you go to will back its devices. I would like for you to stay BlackBerry.
    musical1806 and Chrisy like this.
    03-28-12 08:45 AM
    Con: you will have a phone the size of the Galaxy Note
    My thought exactly - saw the ad on TV, thought 'WOW!', then, oh, it's a phone, THAT size? Anyone in the UK reminded of the Dom Joly iPad sketch?

jurrel23, drum and joski like this.
    03-28-12 08:50 AM

The Note. Is a phone & tablet
    03-28-12 10:04 AM
    Then just keep the playbook, and get the galaxy note
    Isnt that too much? since the Note can do near everything the playbook can?
    03-28-12 10:06 AM
    I myself will not get the Nexus or Note until Android can get typing input down like WP7.5 with fuzzy touch or iOS, I spend more time editing than actual productivity.
    03-28-12 10:07 AM
    since rroyy is no longer providing the ota updates for bridge so use att users can use it I guess I'll be looking into the note as well. to he!! having to rely on someone else anyway.
    03-28-12 10:45 AM
    No one can produce a pros and cons list for you on this one. Unfortunately this is all about personal choice so your going to have to do the homework yourself.

You have already stated the pros for yourself in your OP and as previously stated in this thread your on a BlackBerry forum so you replies might tend to be a little biased.

IMO, which is what your asking for. The PB has only on weakness and that is the app count. If you have handled the Note and found the browser significantly quicker and thats a tick in the box for you then fair play. The thing is �4� NOTHING beats the PB plus I would only lose or break the stylus.
    03-28-12 11:43 AM
    Isnt that too much? since the Note can do near everything the playbook can?

But you said you want both a tablet and smartphone
    03-28-12 12:50 PM
    If RIM would put out a 5.5" screened BB10 device, I would pay full retail to get one. I do not like carrying and supporting two devices. I would make compromises to have only one. If the Note comes to Verizon in an international version, I will jump ship.
    03-28-12 01:04 PM
    If you only talk on the phone with bluetooth (using a phone that big up to your ear would not only look ridiculous but would probably give you hand cramps) & you're happy with a smaller tablet, I guess the Note is your answer. No way in heck I'd go that way, but that's me. Only you can answer this one.
    03-28-12 01:07 PM
    Wait for the Asus see pad memo 270. I've used the galaxy note I was not very impressed. I would hold onto your PB. It still is quite a bargain and a joy to use save the skype issue. If that's important to you.
    03-28-12 02:12 PM
    Seriously, do what the heck you like, you will anyway!
    03-28-12 02:58 PM
    Peeps have vented out a lot if love for the pb on this thread, the reason i put it up was because i was genuinely torn, but now I think ive made my decision.

Im keeping my playbook this is because:

-Every week it adopts a skill (remote keyboard, new browser, pc-less sideloading) so only a matter of time before it does everything.

-I've had iphone, played with ipad 2, have a galaxy s2, have a pc, had a mac, and none, not one of them can match the playbook at multitasking.

-would like a higher res screen, but its not essential/

-I love its engineering: Ive had 15 years of a gadget at least every 4 months and the only devices that i marvel at are the Mecury minicall pager, Sega dreamcast, Sony minidisk r900 Ericsson t20s, Sony psp, and the Htc magician.

All of these, even if they were dead i would keep them in awe.

The Playbook beats the lot!! construction like its bullet proof, a finish like black silk gold.

Its easy to use, solid, quick (most of the time) and everything i "need"

I think the Galaxy note dazzled me but if i had it for a while id be thinking

"what have i done!!"

I use the playbook daily, the note in the long term couldnt fill that void of "fun and easy" to use. This is all without mentioning the price!!!
    Spellreflekt and Chrisy like this.
    03-28-12 03:39 PM
    I actually own both the Note and the PlayBook. I love both devices, but I do admit that it is much easier carrying just the Note rather than the PlayBook + phone.

IMO, the Note has 3 cons:

1) Size. If a person is a heavy phone user, then I can see how the Note might be a little cumbersome. (With that said, for occasional talkers like me, the "it's too big to be a phone" argument is overblown. 90% of the people who complain about the Note's size haven't even used it before.)

2) Sound. Like all smartphones, the Note's speaker sucks. I think the PlayBook really spoiled me on this count. After hearing the PB's superior speakers for the first time, nothing else—including the Note—can possibly measure up.

3) Android. Once the Note gets ICS, I'm sure it will be better, but for me QNX is still far superior to Android.

But if these 3 things aren't an issue for you, then the Note might be a viable option. OTOH, if the upcoming BlackBerry London ends up sporting a 5.0"+ screen, then who cares about the Note?
    Last edited by Beethoven9th; 03-28-12 at 04:35 PM.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-28-12 04:18 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD