I just came across this video comparing the Asus Prime to the Playbook in terms of browser speed. I was curious knowing the differences in processors of the 9 month old Playbook and the brand new Asus Prime. I won't spoil the results for you, but during the course of the test, it's noted how much smoother the Playbook's pinch-to-zoom is compared to the Asus. This guy obviously wanted the Prime to eat the Playbook's lunch.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-NefMbNFDo[/YT]
    robtanz likes this.
    01-09-12 09:39 PM
    He seems so bummed. Awesome.
    01-09-12 09:53 PM
    I wonder why he turned flash off? Am I nuts or did I hear that?
    01-09-12 09:53 PM
    How recent is this video? And why did he choose the PB?
    01-09-12 09:55 PM
    LOL. Love to see a new set of reviews once PB OS2 comes out...
    01-09-12 10:02 PM
    He seems so bummed. Awesome.
    Apparently the PlayBook was "annoyingly" close according to this guy. I suppose i'd be sad if i spent a huge wad of cash on a quad-core tablet that is only marginally faster than a dual core competitor.
    01-09-12 10:08 PM
    Flash was seemed to be off on the Transformer and the Playbook had it on. At least, the Playbook loaded the flash content and the Transformer didn't. I bet the PB would have beaten it if both had it off.
    01-09-12 10:33 PM
    Apparently the PlayBook was "annoyingly" close according to this guy. I suppose i'd be sad if i spent a huge wad of cash on a quad-core tablet that is only marginally faster than a dual core competitor.
    Quad core does not actually mean that the stock browser utilizes all the cores.

The reviewer should redo the comparison with Ice Cream Sandwich. Honeycomb has always been laggy, but as Google pointed out ICS is more optimized and much faster.

In any case, the PB is showing a respectable performance.
    01-09-12 10:45 PM
    That was too close on all the sites. The test the Playbook actually
    won the guy was like oh I was talking so I didn't notice which one loaded faster
    lets do another test.
    Even if he didn't say it like 100 times lol you can just see how much smoother the Touch and pinch to zoom is on the Playbook.
    Oh I'm still so in love
    01-09-12 11:05 PM
    pretty disappointing how close they were, but we can chalk it up to android and how its a performance hog. I do love android, but some people seem to forget that the reason the specs on android phones are so much better than other platforms has a little to do with how inefficient Android is. And android does a bad job with kinetic scrolling, virtually every other platform handles it better, even older unsupported devices like the palm pre outdoes some newer androids that outclass it. Id wager the playbook on the other hand handles it awesomely, the iOS devices are the only ones that I believe could be better.
    01-09-12 11:07 PM
    Flash was seemed to be off on the Transformer and the Playbook had it on. At least, the Playbook loaded the flash content and the Transformer didn't. I bet the PB would have beaten it if both had it off.
    I wouldn't doubt it in the last comparison the ad on the asus appeared to not load an advertising aplet of some sort, but it loaded on the playbook. Odd. Saying that, if someone threw me a prime to play with, I wouldn't complain!
    Last edited by blue-b; 01-09-12 at 11:24 PM.
    01-09-12 11:16 PM
    Poor guy seems so bummed his new toy didn't beat a tab he figured it would smoke.
    01-09-12 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD