hey everyone i posted this cause i couldn't find one. we all wanna try the videochat but we need an email from the other pearson . So here we can leave our emails and find new PB buddies.

[email protected]

lets give it a try
    12-07-11 08:29 AM
    bbm me first and i will chat with you 25e76ad2
    12-08-11 03:11 AM
    I was lucky enough to have a friend of mine purchase a playbook after asking me how i felt about mine.......i love it by the way, couldnt ask for a better device. and since we work together it made it that much easier to throw up the video chat app and see how it works. i must say I was very impressed at how well the video showed up. there was maybe a 2 second delay but besides that everything worked quite amazingly. one option that i thought to be quite awesome was switching to the rear camera and having the little window in the top left change to what you are looking at, which made it very easy to get the rest of my coworkers in the shot. which they didn't expect.
    i was not able to test if audio worked as i should have been working but as said the video quality was awesome and how easy it is to get into a chat was super easy.

so all you users who are lacking pb friends and wondering if the video chat works.. i can say it works very well... the only one issue is that we would get disconnected after a while but that could be due to the wifi issues that the pb is having with these last few Os releases.

i hope i have giving you some excitement to use the video chat, now you just have to get a buddy to get a pb maybe try using the video chat option as an reason to purchase one, i know it worked on one of mine....will have a 3 new pb friend as of christmas.

keep enjoying your pb, this is only the beginning.

cheers
    00stryder likes this.
    12-08-11 06:29 AM
    I am very fortunate, my husband and I both have Playbooks. He calls me everyday before leaving work using video chat, it works great. Sound is clear. I have noticed you need to be in a well lit location or it can be a little difficult to see the person clearly; however, as mentioned you can see yourself in a smaller picture witin the screen so you'll know if you need to change location or adjust your lighting. You can move the location of your picture within the screen to any of the four corners by draging it there which is also a nice feature.

Video chat is a lot of fun and having the ability to show and tell is a great feature given the two cameras. We will be adding six family members as of Christmas, got playbooks for all of them as gift. It's a great way to see the kids grow when you're spread out around the country. It will be even more exciting then.

Happy video chatting, have fun!
    12-08-11 08:00 AM
    I couldn't take advantage of the video chat when I bought my PB back in September because none of my friends had one. Now I have 5 close friends and family members that have it so I use it quite a bit. Hopefully they add a multi-user video chat session feature to a future update
    12-08-11 08:54 AM
    so the other person has to have a playbook to use video chat?
    12-08-11 09:02 AM
    so the other person has to have a playbook to use video chat?
    Yes as it is right now if you are to use the video chat using the playbook the other person must have a playbook aswell.

Hope you find someone to give it a try it is quite fun

Cheers
    Last edited by SkaterGuy2k; 12-08-11 at 10:23 AM. Reason: oops hahaha
    12-08-11 10:22 AM
    People have said they have used AOL AV or real portal and it works.
    12-08-11 10:54 AM
    People have said they have used AOL AV or real portal and it works.
    Aol AV did not work with my sister - she has some small Mac-let laptop and I think it needed Flash or some such!!!! Since we spent time trying, I'm not sure she'll go for yet another download - she is not techie and is afraid I may lead her to ruin and damnation!
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-08-11 06:12 PM
    Aol AV did not work with my sister - she has some small Mac-let laptop and I think it needed Flash or some such!!!! Since we spent time trying, I'm not sure she'll go for yet another download - she is not techie and is afraid I may lead her to ruin and damnation!
    Well we wouldn't want that.
    12-08-11 06:43 PM
    I loaded reelportal on my playbook in Ottawa Canada, and had my sister in LA install the reelportal app on her ipad2. it was dirt simple and worked really well.

its not skype, but its pretty good!
    12-08-11 07:54 PM
    I loaded reelportal on my playbook in Ottawa Canada, and had my sister in LA install the reelportal app on her ipad2. it was dirt simple and worked really well.

its not skype, but its pretty good!
    Maybe I can convince her. I actually grabbed the link to reelportal for the mac last week but did not follow up on it. Hmm, my sister is also in LA - could we have the same sister?
    12-08-11 09:47 PM
    If u want to give video chat a try . Bbm me 2841A8EE . Lets check it out.
    12-11-11 02:03 PM
    hey everyone i posted this cause i couldn't find one. we all wanna try the videochat but we need an email from the other pearson . So here we can leave our emails and find new PB buddies.

[email protected]

lets give it a try
    Again, thanks! The Playbook exceeded my expectations for audio / video chat...
    ...RIM should absolutely get the word out on this excellent feature.
    12-11-11 02:45 PM
    Our consultant that does IT support for our LA office got a PB recently and we've used the vchat several times. At first, it was just to check it out, but that turned into a session of "keep or toss" with our equipment pile. I was also able to lead him through setting up a security card by him showing me the screen. It's something I only saw briefly, two months ago, so being able to see it as he went was very helpful.

ReelPortal app works well too and I think it supports multiple people. It's also cross-platform.
    12-11-11 10:03 PM
    Again, thanks! The Playbook exceeded my expectations for audio / video chat...
    ...RIM should absolutely get the word out on this excellent feature.
    was pretty cool indeed. camera image outside was good quality.
    mariobastros likes this.
    12-11-11 11:27 PM
    i have bb playbook [email protected] no pervs 31/f/stl
    12-20-11 07:03 PM
    Does video chat works via bridge? It would be great if does. Thanks.
    12-20-11 07:16 PM
    Does video chat works via bridge? It would be great if does. Thanks.
    The native video chat only work via WiFi... not sure about any 3rd party apps though, i dont have any of them. my cousin in NC has a PB so we video chat often.

I'll be interested to try the other apps though since my brother in LA has an iPhone.
    reden82734 likes this.
    12-20-11 08:57 PM
    I have no friends with playbooks but I still won't add random people from the internet, **** I won't even go on chatroullete alone
    12-20-11 10:32 PM
    Got my GF a PB in Nov for video chatting at a predefined time + works great on wifi at work or home. The rapid charging pod puts the PB at a nice angle for viewing.
    12-20-11 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD