I didn't, no. So unfortunate. Is there no way to extract a bar file that was downloaded from BB World?
    That is pretty lame of BBRY to remove the app from World. I found a link to the website:
    https://blackberrycanada.roxionow.co...x?fGrpId=12307

Try opeining and registering from PB. Given the flakiness of Roxio, I don't know how it works. I guess all you can do is try.
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    06-03-14 02:00 PM
    I was able to make an account but not able to download still. I also tried signing into the US video store app I sideloaded. No luck.
    06-03-14 03:04 PM
    Too bad. I didn't know what functionality the website had. I guess it is just to look at your account. If you can access some secured wifi in the US or maybe bridge the PB to your Z10 while in the US, the US store should work. I think it only needs a US IP address. The US BB10 World is having a 99 cent movie sale. Are you getting that in Canada? At least you could get some movies on your Z10...
    06-03-14 05:30 PM
    Too bad. I didn't know what functionality the website had. I guess it is just to look at your account. If you can access some secured wifi in the US or maybe bridge the PB to your Z10 while in the US, the US store should work. I think it only needs a US IP address. The US BB10 World is having a 99 cent movie sale. Are you getting that in Canada? At least you could get some movies on your Z10...
    I tried to set up a VPN on the PlayBook, but it didn't work. The issue is I think I need an American credit card, as the sign up has a credit card section that only has states and zip codes.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 07:22 PM
    I tried to set up a VPN on the PlayBook, but it didn't work. The issue is I think I need an American credit card, as the sign up has a credit card section that only has states and zip codes.

Posted via CB10
    Someone said to try using a US proxy server (free) but I don't think that would be safe with CC info. I think it accepts PayPal if you have that. But then not familiar with the exchange rate conversion. The app probably takes care of all that. I guess if you had a friend/relative in US you could ask to use theirs and pay them back later.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to contact BBRY for email/phone support but I think the number is floating around on the forum.

Edit: (from F2 post)
    Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)
    Last edited by Gooseberry Falls; 06-04-14 at 07:11 AM.
    06-04-14 07:00 AM
    The first time I ever bought any movies from the Video Store was December 2013 during the holiday sale. Got a bunch at 99 cents each. Prior to those purchases in December, I got the Sherlock Holmes freebie a couple of years ago. I do not know if the 99-cent deals are ongoing throughout the year and I did not browse the Video Store since December until a couple of days ago. To my delight, I found several at 99 cents. Thank you, Blackberry!

The love the BlackBerry PlayBook Video Store is showing currently are as follows:

1. 12 Years a Slave
    2. The Book Thief
    3. Jack Reacher
    4. Runner Runner
    5. The Counselor (Unrated Extended Cut)
    6. Hugo
    7. Shrek
    8. Turbo
    9. The Croods
    10. Rango
    11. Kung Fu Panda 2
    12. Puss in Boots
    13. Tooth Fairy
    14. Romeo & Juliet ($4.99)
    15. Enough Said ($4.99)

All the above movies are 99 cents unless otherwise indicated.

Before you buy, you may wish to check into whether you can transfer purchased movies from the PlayBook to outside storage like your computer and then view it through the computer. I think that back in December, there was a thread which discussed this issue and it appeared that the movies can only be played on or through the PlayBook. If it was transferred out of the PlayBook and you tried to play it, it showed a licensing problem and would not play. As I have three PlayBooks (2 64 GB and 1 16 GB), I never bothered to try transferring the movies I bought to external storage so I did not pay much attention to that situation.

Even if you do not have enough storage on your PlayBook to load more than a couple of movies, and if the above about not being able to use external storage is correct, it is still worth it to buy, watch and delete, and repeat. Consider it a 99-cent rental. I wonder though, if we delete a 99-cent sale movie from the PlayBook, whether we can still download it again in the future at no additional charge. Anyone tried it? Let me know. If we can, then that's the solution to the low storage problem on a PlayBook.

I just remembered I had deleted the Sherlock Holmes movie download which we all got for free a couple of years back from the Video Store and it still appeared in My Library with a download icon above it. I selected download and it did start to download. After a few moments, I was able to start watching while it downloaded. I then cancelled the download as I already ascertained that I was able to download it again. So I know it works with that particular freebie but I do not know if it works for the 99-cent sale movies.

For 99 cents, you can't go wrong even if you cannot watch it outside of the PlayBook. If you find others while browsing, please post the info here. I am always up for great deals on movies.

Thanks again, BlackBerry.
    We play movies on a 42" plasma tv off the Playbook using hdmi port!

Trusted Member Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.296/442
    06-07-14 02:33 AM
    All four Indiana Jones movies currently on sale.

Warning: I purchased all four, but "The Last Crusade" appears to be having the same problem as True Grit" was having with the license server error. The other three are playing great though.
    06-11-14 08:20 PM

Warning: I purchased all four, but "The Last Crusade" appears to be having the same problem as True Grit" was having with the license server error. The other three are playing great though.
    Thanks, zaxin. I have not bought any movie since Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit as there have not been new releases on sale since that one. At least I haven't found any. Many of the movies on the sale list are still on sale, some of them for a month or more already. You have brought our attention to the sale of franchise movies like the Jack Ryan series and now the Indiana Jones ones. If Rovi keeps this up, I hope they will soon put the Bourne movies on sale too. Would like them on my PlayBooks.

In the meantime, I will buy IJ and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull because I cannot remember if I have seen it. I took a look at the trailer on Amazon and still cannot remember! The trailer for this in the Video Store did not work so I hope I won't have a problem with the movie purchase.
    06-13-14 06:38 PM
    Found a couple of oldies but goodies on sale for 99 cents each:

The Godfather
    Top Gun
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    06-15-14 12:23 AM

For 99 cents, you can't go wrong...
    Maybe. There are a large body of movies that I wouldn't pay 45 cents an hour to watch.
    06-15-14 07:45 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I purchased all four and have the same problem with "The Last Crusade," which is rather annoying since it is my favorite one.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 12:46 PM
    How do you find the movies that are in sale for the PlayBook?

On BB10, they group them together in a nice folder. On the PlayBook, I scroll endlessly through every movie until I find one, but there has to be a better way, no?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 05:04 AM
    How do you find the folder that has the movies on sale?

Sent from my awesome Z30
    06-18-14 06:11 AM
    How do you find the movies that are in sale for the PlayBook?

On BB10, they group them together in a nice folder. On the PlayBook, I scroll endlessly through every movie until I find one, but there has to be a better way, no?

Posted via CB10
    How do you find the folder that has the movies on sale?

Sent from my awesome Z30
    No, there is no folder in the store that has them all collected. Rovi barely supports the PB Video Store anymore. I think we are lucky it is even still open. So you have to search for the 99 cent titles or come to this thread where people seem to update what they have found.
    06-18-14 07:32 AM
    06-18-14 11:01 AM
    End of the line for video and music stores.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 11:03 AM
    End of the line for video and music stores.

Posted via CB10
    Well, you'd think BBRY could throw us poor PB owners a bone once in while. But I guess they really don't care about us...
    06-18-14 05:28 PM
    Well, if it makes you feel any better, all music and video sales are shutting down including BBW for the BB10 operating system.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 06:33 AM
    Until the Video Store shuts down on July 21st, let's keep hunting for more 99-cent movies. Here are a few I found last night:

1. Dinner for Schmucks
    2. Mean Girls
    3. Mission: Impossible
    4. Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol
    5. Shutter Island
    6. The Longest Yard
    Last edited by bb4ty; 06-21-14 at 10:57 AM.
    Monsterlad likes this.
    06-21-14 10:40 AM
    More "99-centers" -

Die Hard
    G.I. Joe: Retaliation
    Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life
    Paranormal Activity
    The Ring
    Monsterlad likes this.
    06-22-14 12:43 PM
    That's all, folks! It has been fun hunting those "99-centers". The PlayBook Video Store is gone, even sooner than the scheduled July 21st shutdown. I wanted to go in to check the price of "Patton" which I bought for 99 cents yesterday and was planning to post it here today if it was still 99 cents. Alas, the fat lady has sung.
    06-26-14 06:54 PM
    Aww, man. I was able to get all of the latest except The Longest Yard, The Ring, and Paranormal Activity. I had planned to get those this weekend. . .

Oh well, I guess all good things must come to an end eventually. Wish we had been given some warning that it would happen early.
    06-27-14 12:39 AM
    So yesterday I bought The Book Thief from the video store, but before I could go back in to download it the store shut down. It gave me a message to update the app in BBW but no such update exists. Did I literally just throw away money?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 05:24 AM
    So yesterday I bought The Book Thief from the video store, but before I could go back in to download it the store shut down. It gave me a message to update the app in BBW but no such update exists. Did I literally just throw away money?

Posted via CB10
    Have you opened the Video Store since the last PB OS update? I remember seeing that message for updating the store but the last OS update did that update so there is really nothing in BBRY World. The update only fixed payment issues. The store should still work though I think. Just go to your library and download it. Supposed to really shutdown in July sometime, the 21st?
    06-27-14 11:27 AM
    It's baacck... I don't know what's going on with the Video Store but it was definitely gone yesterday and it's back this morning. Could yesterday's signing off have just been a test for its final send-off on July 21st? Anyway, zaxin and fanchettes, it looks like you will be able to get your movies after all.

Downloading does work, as I am now in the midst of downloading "Jack Reacher", which I had bought, downloaded, watched and then deleted some time back to make room for more movies. However, since it will soon be the end of the road for this, I am getting it back again before the Video Store prematurely goes away again for good.

I am trying to attach a screenshot of the message I got when trying to get into the Video Store yesterday. Bear with me as I am not very good at this. Never done this before here. Hope it works.
    Attached Thumbnails PlayBook Video Store Showing Some Love...-img_00000993.png  
    06-27-14 12:11 PM
105 ... 2345