Has anyone else ever seen this licensing restriction warning when trying to buy a movie? I find it odd. Did not happen with other movies i have purchased. PlayBook video store - licensing restrictions-img_00000016.jpg
    10-16-12 07:53 PM
    Not odd in my eyes... Rovi and whatever publisher that holds the rights for that movie didn't sign to extend their partnership, therefore the movie will no longer be available after the contract expires.

Too bad. Borat ks hilarious. Not having it on the store is a serious drawback for the platform!!!!!

NOOOTT!! Haha! High five!
    10-16-12 09:59 PM
    Not odd in my eyes... Rovi and whatever publisher that holds the rights for that movie didn't sign to extend their partnership, therefore the movie will no longer be available after the contract expires.

Too bad. Borat ks hilarious. Not having it on the store is a serious drawback for the platform!!!!!

NOOOTT!! Haha! High five!

I think stuff like this should be in the initial terms and conditions that we agree to. If new rights and licensing are not agreed upon, than perhaps two weeks before it is about to expire THEN display this warning. Otherwise it should just be in the original terms "some movies will only be available for download until license expires. Time on this may vary, and if it is less then two weeks a warning will be displayed. If you purchase but do not download this item yet a warning will be issued two weeks before license expiry."

I don't need to know when the rovi blackberry agreement is over. It is something that should be behind the scenes and not visible to the consumer. This would not happen on an apple purchase.

The fact that its so far in the future is what is odd.
    10-16-12 10:12 PM
    Would you prefer to buy it, only to realize later in the game you wasted your money?

As it is, you are well aware year u need to keep the file safe because it will not be there forever.
    10-17-12 01:07 AM