Has anyone bought or rented a movie yet? I'm waiting to see if I can transfer movies back and forth between the playbook and my computer before I purchase a Playbook as it's the main reason I want a tablet. Does anyone know the answer to this yet? Also if you purchase a movie on the Playbook and something happens to your tablet can you backup the movies through desktop manager?

If there is a way to purchase a movie and transfer it between the Playbook and a computer I will be ordering one. I just want to make sure I have a backup in case something happened to my tablet, I wouldn't want to lose all my movies.
    02-21-12 02:58 PM
    I've not bought anything yet because everything I seem to be interested in is a wish list title.
    02-21-12 07:35 PM
    I tried a free 11 minutes clip of cowboys and aliens. Looked good quality wise. I think I will rent the full movie tonight.
    02-21-12 07:49 PM
    I thought I read somewhere that if you purchase a movie, you'll be able to watch it when you're offline too. Is this true?
    02-21-12 07:53 PM
    for those who dont know yet, this feature is available in the u.s. only.
    02-21-12 07:54 PM
    Has anyone who has purchased a movie from the video store, tried to see if you can transfer it to your pc and watch it on there? Anyway to back up a purchased movie?
    02-22-12 02:04 PM
    Guys - there are plenty of open threads on the Video Store, even on the 1st page. Here's threads you may wish to visit that have been posted in the last two days (search!):

If you visit BlackBerry Video Store and login to your account, the RoxioNow support people say that you are able to stream those rentals on your Computer as well. No need to copy files/etc (they are DRM protected anyways).

Yes, you can purchase/rent a movie and have it stream immediately, or wait till it downloads and watch 'offline'.

RoxioNow supports streaming to other devices, much the same as NetFlix does (It has recently been renamed, and was once known as CinemaNow). CinemaNow is an app on the XBOX 360 (US Only) for example, and PS3 I believe.

RoxioNow/CinemaNow is available in Canada right now! The PlayBook however, is not a supported device in Canada (much the same as... NetFlix!). As a Canadian, you can go to CinemaNow.com and setup an account to stream content to your computer.
    Last edited by BrizzadMan; 02-22-12 at 02:38 PM.
    PigeonTom likes this.
    02-22-12 02:27 PM
    REDISETTER -

I've actually been trying to get a definitive answer about whether video store purchases can be accessed on a computer. Contrary to the information BrizzadMan was given, I was told it isn't possible by customer support (after originally being told yes). I'm waiting to hear back after a followup question. There is a link to my thread titled "so I tried the video store" in the post above. I'll update my thread when I find out.
    Last edited by Swirlz; 02-24-12 at 09:21 PM.
    02-24-12 09:16 PM
    hi, can anyone tell me why i did not get the video store when my playbook had the os 2.0 update
    02-27-12 09:53 AM
    If your in the US you may not have gotten the regional update. It's a small update I got immediately after the upgrade. Restart and check for updates.
    02-27-12 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD