hi y'all

I just want to share a live music show [local band in my area], the band name is Deaf, Dumb & Blind. I lend my PlayBook to my friend so he can play around with it & I told him when he get a chance to record one or two song with the PlayBook in HD 720p.

Anyway, he did it and uploaded to his YouTube account. Unfortunately the place didn't have too good of a lighting condition. But, the sound recording it's better than average [IMO], I guess it's because of the awesome dual-mic. I would bet that if there's a better lighting environment [in any recording conditions] the PlayBook would record better than any other tablets.

So, if you guys would like to check it out ... here's the link

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7r9k8qc6qM?hd=1[/YT]
    Last edited by B_Berry; 02-04-12 at 10:20 PM.
    02-04-12 08:01 PM
    The audio quality is really not that bad for this type of device. I can't wait to try it with an acoustic performance that may be better for the mics to capture.
    02-05-12 10:30 AM
    This is the second video someone posts of a concert recorded by a pb, and both have a "crackling" "cracking" sound that is very audible. Does anyone else hear it? My PB plays other youtube vids clearly and without any "crackling" sound.
    02-05-12 04:50 PM
    I'm listening with headphones and don't hear a crackling sound. Oh Gawd, please tell me it is your PB and not my ears!
    02-06-12 01:32 AM
    I recorded our band with my PB a while back. Our studio is low light and not an awful lot of light got into the video on ours either...
    Anyway... Nice job. I think I might take this song to practice next time...
    02-06-12 01:51 AM
    I'm listening with headphones and don't hear a crackling sound. Oh Gawd, please tell me it is your PB and not my ears!
    Ok, that has me worried now. The cracking sound is very audible and happens with headphones and the pb's speaker! Anyone else can confirm?

I believe your ears are fine
    02-06-12 06:53 AM
    I hear crackling. Very annoying.
    02-06-12 07:55 AM
    Wait, let me put in my hearing aid! One benefit of aging - those high pitched crackles are gone!!!
    02-06-12 09:42 AM
    I recorded a couple of my shows and yes I have the pops also...

Maybe too loud for the small mic and speakers?

Only the videos recorded with loud sound pop, my other ones are fine.

One thing I do enjoy, is the quality of the audio, for such a small tablet is really good, my percussion sounds really good plus the sexy 1080 advantage!

My 2 cents...
    02-06-12 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD