I have two playbooks that I would like to use to do a simple video call. Is this doable in any way?
    04-06-17 02:51 PM
    As far as I am aware you can video chat ONLY through the Video Chat app on your Playbook and only to people who have another Playbook or to others with a BB10 device and BBM.
    04-06-17 03:20 PM
    what is this app? I can't find it.
    04-06-17 04:43 PM
    what is this app? I can't find it.
    It should be right on your desktop as it is integrated into the setup. Scroll through your apps up and down the desktop. If it is missing, you may have to reinstall your OS.
    04-06-17 06:14 PM
    It should be right on your desktop as it is integrated into the setup. Scroll through your apps up and down the desktop. If it is missing, you may have to reinstall your OS.
    Actually, I believe that BB pulled the Video Chat app from the standard OS update when reinstalling the OS. Thus, if I'm correct and you've recently reinstalled the OS (recently meaning the last year or two) then you won't have the app and reinstalling the OS won't help. The only fix is to find the Video Chat bar file and then sideload it.
    brookie229 likes this.
    04-06-17 08:01 PM
    Actually, I believe that BB pulled the Video Chat app from the standard OS update when reinstalling the OS. Thus, if I'm correct and you've recently reinstalled the OS (recently meaning the last year or two) then you won't have the app and reinstalling the OS won't help. The only fix is to find the Video Chat bar file and then sideload it.
    Did not know that! I happen to have a copy of that bar on my laptop if anyone needs it via email etc. I think others have it stored on Dropbox or Box as well. The OP could search CB on the Playbook forums for that info I guess. Thanks pacoman.
    04-06-17 08:21 PM
    Mine works fine. It has always been there and I regularly video chat to people with bb10 phones across continents.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 01:57 PM