is sharing your BBID which is your email (or one of them at least) that much more 'risky' than registering to web sites or other times one shares it?

Ones BBID is tied to an appworld account, a throw away register ID email isn't the same,

ALSO it is the MASS sharing of the ID, I don't put my email address out in threads for people to add me and try my luck, but I have with my PIN, as it is posted, and I've made MANY really good friends and have met a lot of people as a result, the PIN share world is very social, I fear it will be much less so as we move to BBID's that we carry around as email addresses.
    05-03-11 04:35 PM
    Can't wait for skype, but in the interim send me a bbm or pm for my bbid. I enjoy long walks on the beach and umm....using the symbol key in order to delve into the secondary keyboard and ensure proper grammar...?? lol
    05-03-11 06:36 PM
    Or just voice which was cool thx can for the test

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-11 06:38 PM
    So getcha knees flexin' and ya arms T-rexin' and do the creep HAAAA do the creep HAAA You seem to enjoy being creeped Smakberry. Weird!

I'd love to use BB chat but I'm not about adding random strangers!

Meeting Random Strangers is what makes life fun!
    I'll admit the video element of meeting the Random Strangers has me a bit less than thrilled, I'd like to BBM with them for a bit first before PBVC becomes the new Chat roulette
    05-03-11 07:09 PM
    Catfight? jk

I'll video chat with SmakBerry or AkCrimson...in a non-creepy way.

Is it creepy that I have a bag over my head?
    Is there a way to do a three-way?
    05-03-11 08:54 PM
    for whoever didnt catch this video...
    05-03-11 08:56 PM
    ok if anyone is willing to test the playbook video chat...i am willing...unfortunately, i don't know anyone with a Playbook and I would like to test it.

thanks
    05-03-11 10:01 PM
    email Skype!!!!!

Everyone who "needs" Skype "ASAP" needs to email skype and let them know you are waiting for this product, the media has done EVERYTHING they can to make the playbook sound like a Dud, so many developers have not even started to develop for it, it takes us owners to show we are waiting for these apps!
    Dude, do you know how many times i have e-mailed skype about getting a Skype app on a normal BB?! If you go to their list of supported phones it feels like everybody has it but us BB users, and apparently it's been that way for a long long time. I don't think e-mailing them will help, but it could, you never know.
    05-04-11 07:48 AM
    What about Verizon berries? Don't they have skype support, or an app they can download already?
    05-04-11 08:12 AM
    aw come on, making me blush here
    RIM Launched Video Chat for its long awaited Tablet called The Playbook. Initial enthusiasm was quickly tempered by the creepy offers to chat with people who are by most standards total strangers.

Smakberry I am with you it would be awkward and perhaps a bit creepy. I would liken it to the stranger next to you in line at McDonalds offering you a sip of their coke as long as you share the straw.
    05-04-11 08:22 AM
    Haven't tried the pinch/zoom, but you can check yourself before you connect(loving the preview), ya know, in case you have food in your teeth or a monkey on your back or something.

Or perhaps the fact that you forgot that your not dressed may have just somehow escaped your attention in which case the preview feature could save someone a lifetime of therapy expenses.
    05-04-11 08:26 AM
    Or perhaps the fact that you forgot that your not dressed may have just somehow escaped your attention in which case the preview feature could save someone a lifetime of therapy expenses.

Uhmmm, if you answer your PB nekkid, then you may have bigger issues...
    05-04-11 08:27 AM
    It pails in comparison to how much personal information you share with Facebook/Google. The idea that many people (myself included) will not find video chat with strangers appealing yet have been giving away every bit of personal information to Facebook/Google without any forethought shows how far ahead technology is when compared to our ability to asses the consequences of using these services.

If you had told me twenty years ago people would reveal their fears, desires, problems, finances, location, and identity to anyone who could read I would have said, "You sir have obviously gone mad!".
    05-04-11 08:38 AM
    Not everyone has a fb or google account.

I don't. Well, I have a Gorporate account (Google biz account)
    I am on LinkedIn, I have a berry, people know where to find me.
    05-04-11 08:43 AM
    Ones BBID is tied to an appworld account, a throw away register ID email isn't the same,

ALSO it is the MASS sharing of the ID, I don't put my email address out in threads for people to add me and try my luck, but I have with my PIN, as it is posted, and I've made MANY really good friends and have met a lot of people as a result, the PIN share world is very social, I fear it will be much less so as we move to BBID's that we carry around as email addresses.
    I am not sure RIM explored the entire consequences of using an EMAIL ADDRESS for the new Rim-ID. With the old PIN concept, you could just stop the bbm acceptance of certain PINS. Now you are revealing an email address, opening it to spam.

I hope they reconsider this methodology.
    05-04-11 09:14 AM
    Dude, do you know how many times i have e-mailed skype about getting a Skype app on a normal BB?! If you go to their list of supported phones it feels like everybody has it but us BB users, and apparently it's been that way for a long long time. I don't think e-mailing them will help, but it could, you never know.

Skype is available on BB phones for Verizon.

BUT! that said, the development for the Tablet with dual camera's makes it far more attractive to Skype, and you need more than 1 email, we need EVERYONE emailing them, one person is just a squeaky wheel, 100 people, is a mild murmur, 1000 people maybe take notice, 10,000 people, The see they have potential for growing their business, or allowing a competitor to start taking away business.

What we truly need is an organized effort.
    jessi449 likes this.
    05-04-11 09:21 AM
    I am not sure RIM explored the entire consequences of using an EMAIL ADDRESS for the new Rim-ID. With the old PIN concept, you could just stop the bbm acceptance of certain PINS. Now you are revealing an email address, opening it to spam.

I hope they reconsider this methodology.

I made a thread about this and Android users seemed to think it wasn't an issue, they use email with gtalk...

I really do hope they fix it, or they truly are opening up the world to BBM competition and allowing a app like LiveProfile to fill in the void
    05-04-11 09:27 AM
    That would be very much incorrect. The iPhone 4 had video chat over WiFi and G3 within 4 months after launch.

Please do your homework.
    I think he's talking about Skype.
    pwned.

(apologies for the delay)
    05-04-11 09:28 AM
    Hahahaha this thread scares me...

05-04-11 09:50 AM
    Hahahaha this thread scares me...

well it should lol
    05-04-11 09:52 AM
    haha aww we aren't that scary besides you can always just use voice and disable cam to see how it works did this other did with can vo worked very well...
    05-04-11 11:36 AM
    skyppeee please im gonna email them now
    05-04-11 11:46 AM
    this for those people who are looking for other playbook users to try this out with leave your email here if you wish to be contacted to try this out...
    BBID: [email protected]
    USERNAME: yeyosada

add me
    05-04-11 01:23 PM
    i tried and it would ring and then says call failed are we gonna get video voicemails now lol
    05-04-11 01:51 PM
    i tried and it would ring and then says call failed are we gonna get video voicemails now lol
    I was trying with a friend around the same time you posted this and I seriously think rim's servers had a boo boo. I got Unable to Connect To Server on several attempts. Then it just started working
    Flexin likes this.
    05-04-11 01:54 PM
182 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD