I was wondering if anyone knows if the Playbook's Video Chat is secure? Does it go through the NOC?
    01-25-12 10:11 PM
    Only as secure as any wireless device, I would suppose.

Oh... and ..

Welcome to the forums!

Check out the Newbie Tips and Tricks for the Playbook, by clicking below my signature..
    It was compiled by the knowledgeable posters from this forum.

Also check out the vids in the Blackberry Playbook 101.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by jafobabe; 01-25-12 at 10:20 PM.
    hpjrt likes this.
    01-25-12 10:16 PM
    I was wondering if anyone knows if the Playbook's Video Chat is secure? Does it go through the NOC?
    Nope everyone saw you naked, like the whole world.

Sorry
    00stryder and collapsed like this.
    01-25-12 10:23 PM
    it will in the official OS 2.

Edit: Although, I'm not sure if that means encryption or just uses the NOC for integration with Contacts.
    Last edited by Blacklac; 01-25-12 at 11:17 PM.
    01-25-12 11:12 PM
    The video chat, at least for now, uses the NOC to initiate the connection: basically the two PBs find a mutually acceptable combination of source/destination ports and addresses by talking through it.

Once they've figured out where each other is they connect directly for the audio/video data, not through the NOC.

Now, whether it's secure or not has nothing to do with whether that subsequent data goes through the NOC. I don't think anyone has said it is secure, but I'm not sure anyone's bothered to check (or, if they did, they didn't report on it).
    01-26-12 06:53 AM
    That is a good question since it's RIM it probably is secure!
    01-26-12 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD