06-17-13 10:22 AM
30 12
tools
    Why does the PlayBook Video Chat option in contacts not show up for some of my contacts that I know have a PlayBook, and that I'm positive I'm using there bbid for there email address????? I can not figure this out and I've tried everything I can think of and everything that I've read to do. This is the only issue that I've had on my new Z10 that I can't solve. Please help with getting the PlayBook Video Chat Option on all my contacts who have Playbooks and not just some!!

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 09:35 PM
    Was wondering the same
    04-06-13 11:04 PM
    Yeah, I'm getting the same issue. It works for some bbid email addresses but not for others... There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason behing why some are ignored and others get the "PlayBook Video Chat" option automatically...
    04-06-13 11:42 PM
    Any chance it is based on corporate policies on some devices?
    04-07-13 02:12 AM
    I have the same issue with my wifes playbook video chat address not showing under her contact details on my Z10, however, my contact details do show video chat details on same Z10 (if that makes any sense, my own contact details are saved on my phone).
    Wayne
    Last edited by Ozfork; 04-07-13 at 04:00 AM.
    04-07-13 03:49 AM
    Any chance it is based on corporate policies on some devices?
    No F2, both me and wife's are personal playbooks and my Z10 is personal,ie - not tied to corporate or business policies. My wife's playbook video chat address shows up fine in my playbook contacts, just not on my Z10 contacts, can't work out why either.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    04-07-13 04:24 AM
    It's rediculous!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 11:18 AM
    If your PlayBook shares a BBID with your Z10 it won't show up.

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    04-07-13 12:59 PM

That sounds like it's "by design". I wonder how many people are calling themselves on the Z10 so they can continue the conversation themselves with the PlayBook? :-)
    04-07-13 01:04 PM

This is not true, my Z10 and playbook share same blackberry ID and my playbook video chat address shows up on my phone, while my wife has a different blackberry ID and yet her playbook video chat address will not show up on my phone. There is no option to add it either, you can add numerous other details to contact but not a video chat address, would be an easy fix if you could add it manually.
    04-07-13 05:10 PM
    Don't think so it has to do with policies as I have 2 wifi playbooks and just one shows up on my z10 and they all have different bb ids
    04-07-13 05:27 PM
    Just add the playbook pin number to who ever you have in contacts. If the individual has her playbook on it will show on the bb 10

Posted via CB10
    OzDude likes this.
    04-07-13 05:50 PM
    I added a new contact using the persons email address tied to their bbid and then linked it to their other contact. Afterwards playbook video chat shows up correctly
    OzDude likes this.
    04-07-13 06:10 PM
    Just add the playbook pin number to who ever you have in contacts. If the individual has her playbook on it will show on the bb 10

Posted via CB10
    I did try this late last night without success, but will try again today.
    04-07-13 06:17 PM
    I added a new contact using the persons email address tied to their bbid and then linked it to their other contact. Afterwards playbook video chat shows up correctly
    I will also give this a go, one of these options are bound to work
    04-07-13 06:18 PM
    I am having this problem also. It seems to be completely random as to which playbooks show up in my contact list. As for adding the PIN for someone's playbook, wouldn't that affect sending BBMs to my contacts with BB 07 devices? I have a friend who has a bold 9900 and a playbook. I already have a PIN for him in my contacts for his phone. If I add a second PIN for his playbook will it try and use that PIN to send BBMs?
    04-07-13 09:49 PM
    I tried this but no success
    04-08-13 03:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    I tried this again but it only added it as BBM address and not as video chat address
    04-08-13 03:39 AM
    I am having this problem also. It seems to be completely random as to which playbooks show up in my contact list. As for adding the PIN for someone's playbook, wouldn't that affect sending BBMs to my contacts with BB 07 devices? I have a friend who has a bold 9900 and a playbook. I already have a PIN for him in my contacts for his phone. If I add a second PIN for his playbook will it try and use that PIN to send BBMs?
    I'm not sure about this as I don't know anyone else with a blackberry id or playbook unfortunately
    04-08-13 03:41 AM
    Ok. I can see my son's Playbook PIN number in his contacts, but the question should be, can we chat or use the video chat feature Z10 to Playbook? or will we have to wait till the Playbook is updated to the BB10OS
    04-08-13 04:17 AM
    Ok. I can see my son's Playbook PIN number in his contacts, but the question should be, can we chat or use the video chat feature Z10 to Playbook? or will we have to wait till the Playbook is updated to the BB10OS
    It should work, you "should" see playbook video chat tab under the BBM tap if it is working. This is the trouble we are having on Z10 with certain contacts no showing this feature.
    Last edited by Ozfork; 04-08-13 at 04:47 AM.
    04-08-13 04:36 AM
    Ok I try it today before reading this thread, this is what I found.
    1 if you open the PlayBook Video Chat and enter the Z10 PIN it will connect to the Z10. The entry will stay there for you to call later.
    2 in the Z10 if you have a contact with the PlayBook's email address of its BBID it will show up as PlayBook Video Chat in that contact's detail panel.

So for the PlayBook it uses the PIN and from the Z10 it uses the BBID email address.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 05:59 PM
    That sounds like it's "by design". I wonder how many people are calling themselves on the Z10 so they can continue the conversation themselves with the PlayBook? :-)
    I wish there was some option to video call my own PB even though it's on the same BBID. Video calling the house would be useful and the person I live with does not own a BlackBerry device of their own yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 06:39 PM
    I wish there was some option to video call my own PB even though it's on the same BBID. Video calling the house would be useful and the person I live with does not own a BlackBerry device of their own yet.

Posted via CB10
    As I mention before in the PlayBook enter your Z10 PIN in the Video Chat. It will call your phone. After you hang up look at the contact that have the email address of the BBID of the PlayBook, it may be your own contact. If not add a contact with that email. Scroll down and you will see PlayBook Video Chat as an option in gray if it is offline and green if it is online, press it and you will call your PlayBook. That's it.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 07:12 PM
    Yes you can Video Chat between a Z10 and a PlayBook, I've done it. The two can't use the same BlackBerry ID though and there appear to be issues with IDs and PINS being recognised as Video Chat capable as the posters on this thread are saying.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 07:36 PM
30 12