hi, I recently started using my Playbook for Video Chat to PC users using the AOL flash based AV Chat, and have been getting some sound problems caused by the Playbook failing to do any noise cancellation.

Whilst in a chat between 1 Playbook, and 2 PC's - Everything seems fine from the playbook end. But each of the PC users hear an echo of everything each of them says. (but they can hear me on the playbook fine, without an echo).

To put it basically, each of their voices is coming out of the Playbook speaker, and being picked up by the Playbook microphone, and being transmitted back to them.

Does anyone know if there is a way turning noise cancellation on to stop this happening ? or if it's a quirk of the AV chat system ?

(btw - hello, i'm new here)
    05-02-12 12:13 PM
    I think it might be the actual chat program and not the Playbook. When I use the native video chat program on the Playbook, I don't get the echo. Also, when I use imo.im for Skype, I don't get any echo either. It might be software related. Try using headphones and see if the problem continues.
    Scotter75 and the brother like this.
    05-02-12 12:19 PM
    The problem wont continue if i use headphones, as there wont be anything coming out of the speakers to create an echo! Just as the problem doesn't continue if i turn the volume down on the playbook!

Is there a similar playbook to multiple PC chat which doesn't have the same problem ? (as there is more that one person at this end - wearing headphones wont help)
    Last edited by Penry; 05-03-12 at 03:56 AM.
    05-03-12 03:54 AM
    Oh - and whoever is using the Playbook doesn't get the Echo - it's the folks on the PC's that get it !
    05-03-12 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD