I have a Playbook, I love the hardware but the software is garbage! How can Blackberry put out a device with hardly any apps? It does not even have BBM! I know they have warehouses full of unsold stock, my question is; will there be a software update? Perhaps to a similar standard as the BB10 that allows you to run ANDROID NATIVELY as opposed to side loading. If anyone has any information on this, please let me know. I'd hate to see my Playbook go to waste.
    11-25-13 07:12 PM
    We just received an update not too long ago. I imagine there will be minor updates but as for BBM on the PB??? there are a hundred threads on that already.
    Carl Estes and vangelas like this.
    11-25-13 07:19 PM
    I have a Playbook, I love the hardware but the software is garbage! How can Blackberry put out a device with hardly any apps? It does not even have BBM! I know they have warehouses full of unsold stock, my question is; will there be a software update? Perhaps to a similar standard as the BB10 that allows you to run ANDROID NATIVELY as opposed to side loading. If anyone has any information on this, please let me know. I'd hate to see my Playbook go to waste.
    1. There are plenty of good PlayBook apps on BB World
    2. BBM is available on the PlayBook through BB Bridge
    3. BB10 will never be released for the PlayBook. Period.
    4. The PlayBook was recently updated to build level 2.1.0.1753 a short while ago
    5. The current Android runtime on the PB is only at Gingerbread level

I suggest reading through the previous threads in this forum for more information.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-25-13 09:05 PM
    I have a PlayBook and I hate it. I am not much of a movie or music person and I bought it mostly to surf the Web. I absolutely hate using it for that purpose now after having used the z10 since February.
    I essentially have zero use for this PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 09:25 PM
    First a little background. I been a BB user for years but I did time with the Palm Pre because I really loved that OS. I gave the iPhone brief try this summer but I missed the keyboard. I do a ton of texting to customers on a daily basis and run through around 60 emails a day

I saw a like new 32GB Playbook on ebay and I thought why not. With the new update it is a workable tablet for me. I can check email, go the Web, and even watch movies on Amazon if I wanted to. I always wanted a PB but the initial price was too high. Now being behind the tech curve has paid off a little bit.
    I have installed android apps via my Mac Mini and the Chrome browser so I have been able to find apps not available for the PB. So far after 2 weeks i've have left my laptop at home and the Playbook has filled my need while I'm out on the road.

A huge thank you to everyone at Crackberry for all the great info gathered here. It has been a ton of fun getting to know my "early holiday" gift to Me!!!

Happy Thanksgiving

Dean M.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-26-13 01:21 AM
    Seriously? 2 posts, and this? Get an Android and complain elsewhere.
    Carl Estes and vangelas like this.
    11-26-13 01:24 AM