Hi all,

I just wanted to share the browsing speed of the playbook versus PC to load the full crackberry.com site:

9 seconds using pc with ethernet or wifi
    26 seconds using the playbook
    67 seconds using the 9780 over wifi

What s your score?
    06-06-11 09:53 AM
    4 seconds on the pc
    2 seconds on the PB for m.crackberry.com (which is all you need)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-11 10:41 AM
    2 seconds on the PB for m.crackberry.com (which is all you need)
    Someone completely missed the point.
    06-06-11 10:49 AM
    From PC: 6 seconds
    From PlayBook: 50 seconds (although it appears that a Flash ad got hung up... shocking)
    From PlayBook with Flash off: 23 seconds

Both the PC and the PlayBook are on the same WiFi network.
    fnguyen likes this.
    06-06-11 10:53 AM
    Hi all,

I just wanted to share the browsing speed of the playbook versus PC to load the full crackberry.com site:

9 seconds using pc with ethernet or wifi
    26 seconds using the playbook
    67 seconds using the 9780 over wifi

What s your score?

What good does it do - loading "fast" if what it load is incomplete - and a jerky jaggy laggy experience - where copy and paste dont even work good?
    06-06-11 11:23 AM
    What good does it do - loading "fast" if what it load is incomplete - and a jerky jaggy laggy experience - where copy and paste dont even work good?
    I wont argue and say Flash does not effect scrolling, but sadly, the Playbook is way ahead of Android here. The Playbook actually handles Flash well compared to other tablets. Can't wait for Flash 10.3! (Oh, and just turn Flash off for that god-like iOS zoom/scrolling.)

I wish the browser had an Ad Blocker!!
    06-06-11 12:02 PM
    frustration...
    06-06-11 12:07 PM
    I wont argue and say Flash does not effect scrolling, but sadly, the Playbook is way ahead of Android here. The Playbook actually handles Flash well compared to other tablets. Can't wait for Flash 10.3! (Oh, and just turn Flash off for that god-like iOS zoom/scrolling.)

I wish the browser had an Ad Blocker!!
    On my Playbook, even sites without Flash gives a laggy experience sometimes.

I do have a iPad2 as well - ( in general I DON't like Apple products) - but I must say that the browsing experience is much more smooth on the iPad2 - and also the select text is so much easier on the iPad than Playbook... I am struggling to select the first few characters on a line...

I hope -that as soon as RIM upgrades the Playbook from being a Beta product to a fully supported released product - that we will see improvements.
    06-06-11 12:09 PM
    On my Playbook, even sites without Flash gives a laggy experience sometimes.
    You should probably look into that. From what I've read, seen on video's and my own experience, that shouldnt/doesn't happen.

My browsing experience is pretty solid WITH Flash. Turn it off and its amazing.
    06-06-11 12:15 PM
    from my experience, browsing is smooth and crashes occur once in a whilr but otherwise I really enjoy, have not experienced ipad2 or android.
    06-06-11 12:17 PM
    36 sec on PB flash.
    16 sec on 5 yrs old laptop/ chrome.
    fnguyen likes this.
    06-06-11 12:33 PM
    using the update 1.0.5
    PB: 25 secs
    It seems it hangs for at least ten seconds to load a last flash ad, definitely a heavy site to load.
    06-07-11 06:39 AM
    A quick comparison with ipad 2 and 1
    (from Apple iPad 2 Review - iPad 2 Reviews for the iResults)

Ipad 2/Ipad 1/Playbook
    ESPN.com: 10 vs. 18 vs 18
    Apple.com: 6 vs. 8 vs 4
    CNN.com: 9 vs. 12 vs 9
    HoopsHype rumors page: 7 vs. 8 vs 11
    iPod.About.com: 6 vs. 9 vs 5

PB wins 2, draws 1 and looses 2
    ... a draw...
    06-07-11 06:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD