My hands are too big for the Z10. I eventually came to grips (heehee) with this fact after lots of mistyping.

Also, the PB's word suggestions just tickle me to death. Sometimes I feel like it is typing for me when I just tap, tap, tap and word after word gets placed on the screen automatically.
    So Z30 is perfect for you.

Posted via CB10
    svelt likes this.
    10-07-13 12:04 AM
    I can`t imagine why anyone with the choice to get a Nexus over a Playbook would not do so, and I love my Playbook.
    Last edited by Anjohl; 10-07-13 at 11:52 PM.
    10-07-13 12:30 AM
    If you want a very similar keyboard to the PB on the Nexus (or any Android device), install SwiftKey from Google Play Store. It's almost the same (BB hired SwiftKey to make the PB keyboard), just with more features (e.g. "flow" which is like Swype if you're familiar with it). It's got the same great word prediction features.
    10-07-13 08:36 AM
    I can`t imagine why anyone with the choice to get a Nexus over a Playbook to not do so, and I love my Playbook.
    I heard on Leo Laporte's show someone complaining about issues with the Nexus 7 2013. Keyboard problems and other "build" issues. Leo said that they need to get a handle on this stuff.

But I guess it doesn't hurt to try the Nexis. It's not that big of an investment.
    10-07-13 07:27 PM
    Thanks, SifJar. Will check it out once I pull trigger.
    10-07-13 07:28 PM
    I heard on Leo Laporte's show someone complaining about issues with the Nexus 7 2013. Keyboard problems and other "build" issues. Leo said that they need to get a handle on this stuff.

But I guess it doesn't hurt to try the Nexis. It's not that big of an investment.
    I got a Galaxy Tab that was the right price at the right time (Like new, from a friend, for $115) primarily to see if the grass is that much greener over there. I have to admit, it will be hard for me to get rid of my Playbook, even if I find that it is inferior.

I had one before and gave it up, and I managed to get a second brand new one for $60, and it is well worth that price. I scored the leather convertible case for $8, and the combined package is so sleak and professional looking, I can't imagine giving it up. Even at triple the price, I would rather keep it. But, maybe the Galaxy will blow me away, and I will convert fully to Android (I have a galaxy phone), but I am doubtful.
    10-07-13 11:55 PM
    Every time I think about getting another tablet, I ask myself what I would do with it that I can't do with the PlayBook (nothing so far). I've played around with a friend's Hisense Sero Pro 7 and like it very much; I almost bought one when they went down to $129. It would solve the problem of not being able to sync Contacts or Calendar without the Cloud. I hate Google having all that info on me; I keep having the dream where Google uses my calendar to find out where I'll be, then uses the GPS on my Android phone to guide the drone strike. In the end, however, I decided to keep my PlayBook and get cloudy like the rest of the lemmings.
    10-08-13 10:59 AM
    Every time I think about getting another tablet, I ask myself what I would do with it that I can't do with the PlayBook (nothing so far). I've played around with a friend's Hisense Sero Pro 7 and like it very much; I almost bought one when they went down to $129. It would solve the problem of not being able to sync Contacts or Calendar without the Cloud. I hate Google having all that info on me; I keep having the dream where Google uses my calendar to find out where I'll be, then uses the GPS on my Android phone to guide the drone strike. In the end, however, I decided to keep my PlayBook and get cloudy like the rest of the lemmings.
    Don't be silly. You aren't important enough for a drone strike. Now a potato gun is a whole other story.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 11:13 AM
    Edit: I misread your post. I agree about the cloud... I also am not sure what I am looking for in upgrading. I use lots of old (but good) hardware. I have Lenovo's that are 5 years old with RAM added to them. If the screens are good and the processor decent, they are great.
    10-09-13 05:00 AM
34 12