03-10-13 11:49 PM
84 ... 234
tools
    My wife and I both have the 32 Gb PB - had it for about a year and a half now - and we both have the iPhone 5. Have no problems setting up a wifi hot spot with the iPhone to access the inet with the PB. They work just fine together.
    03-10-13 11:42 AM
    My wife hated the pb and gave it to me - my first experience with rim . One year later I purchased a 2nd one . Use it everyday . Will never buy another rim product - am anything but impressed with the company and their attitude towards their clientele , imho they will not be around much longer.
    While I'm not impressed with Rim/bbry's attitude to users (we've improved Bridge by removing many of its features!!!!), I have to frankly ask are other device/software companies, maybe I should say LARGE companies, better? (Apple: "oh, just don't hold it that way." Google: "oh, we just happened to grab private info when cruising your neighborhood!")
    03-10-13 12:19 PM
    I use my Playbook without a Blackberry and have done for over a year. I have a Nokia Lumia Windows phone even though I was given a brand new Blackberry handset at work (sliding touch screen one) and I hated it so much I didn't even use it for more than 24 hours. Even the bridge feature couldn't save it
    Afraid I'll be getting a Surface to match the phone and desktop though shortly. The Playbook may still be used as a media machine for train journeys etc though as it's more compact.
    03-10-13 12:54 PM
    I've never had a BB phone, not for want - just never had the opportunity. I went shopping specifically for a tablet so I could do work on my old computer while being able to do the other stuff I needed without multitasking the pc. In January, 2012, went on ebay and looked for the best bang for the buck, then did some research. Have never regretted this purchase.
    03-10-13 01:31 PM
    I still use my iphone
    03-10-13 05:33 PM
    While I'm not impressed with Rim/bbry's attitude to users (we've improved Bridge by removing many of its features!!!!), I have to frankly ask are other device/software companies, maybe I should say LARGE companies, better? (Apple: "oh, just don't hold it that way." Google: "oh, we just happened to grab private info when cruising your neighborhood!")
    MS are also terrible in this regard. With Windows Phone 8 they have swapped the awesome, incredible Zune software for a half-arsed application that doesn't work at all for the vast majority of users, leaving us with no option but to use Explorer to sync everything manually. It was almost enough for me to return my new phone and get another WP7 device. Once I got it set up it was less painful but two-thirds of my music collection has no artwork with it any more and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it.
    03-10-13 10:46 PM
    All of the companies are probably the same but a wannabe like rim/bb should be bending over backwards to make it into the big leagues. Their 'kiss my rim ring ' attitude boggles the mind, I think the guy on top should go back to basics - maybe look why/how apple became what they are.
    03-10-13 11:03 PM
    Yup, this is me, no blackberry phone.
    03-10-13 11:48 PM
    I am using PB, with Nokia Symbian phone and xperia android. I do not use SMS a lot and never felt need to have a bridge. As long as PB can tether internet from my phone, I am good.

BTW any one noticed that PB does not connect to bluetooth anymore?
    03-10-13 11:49 PM
84 ... 234