11-27-12 03:02 AM
234 ... 78910
tools
    Hello BB Legionnaires,

One more! I am also working on one with a friend from church so hopefully will have some good news next week. Almost half way through the year and we have 79 PB's moved.

We are at a total of 79 Playbooks and that is pretty awesome.

Here is the weekly update to our competition:
    guerllamo7 21
    adozeneggs@aol.com 10
    13echo4 7
    deathcommand 6
    dapper37 5
    The_Adventist 5
    double_j75 5
    s7khan 4
    playbookster 4
    Jeovex 4
    BigAl_BB9900 3
    christy520 2
    VanCity778 1
    sir.dangerfield 1

Current Standings 79!

I have a friend considering one so I'll hopefully have another one sold by next weeks posting.
    I'm running an Olympic Tri this month and will be wearing my BlackBerry t-shirt. I've been training pretty hard since I don't want to wear the BB Colors and then be on the bottom of the pack. I hope to be on the top third of the people completing the event.
    The bike event is my strongest so it will be good to have people read BlackBerry as I pass them on the bike. At least I hope to pass them.
    07-09-12 12:08 PM
    Hello BB Legionnaires,

Well, I was working on one but it did not come through so we are still at 79 Playbooks. Hmmm... I seem to have run out of steam a bit. Still, will keep working at it.

We are at a total of 79 Playbooks and that is pretty awesome.

guerllamo7 21
    adozeneggs@aol.com 10
    13echo4 7
    deathcommand 6
    dapper37 5
    The_Adventist 5
    double_j75 5
    s7khan 4
    playbookster 4
    Jeovex 4
    BigAl_BB9900 3
    christy520 2
    VanCity778 1
    sir.dangerfield 1

Current Standings 79!
    07-17-12 11:58 AM
    This year I've convinced someone to buy a pb, a month later she convinced her friend to buy one too
    07-17-12 01:02 PM
    Hello BB Legionnaires,

Finally! I got another one. I had lent a PB to a friend so he would try it out. After a week he said he never even had the time to try it out and so I took it back. However, I got it back just in time because someone else needed a tablet and it was all ready to go.
    Bing! Nice to get the numbers rolling again. We are at 80 PBs!

We are at a total of 80 Playbooks and that is pretty awesome.

guerllamo7 22
    adozeneggs@aol.com 10
    13echo4 7
    deathcommand 6
    dapper37 5
    The_Adventist 5
    double_j75 5
    s7khan 4
    playbookster 4
    Jeovex 4
    BigAl_BB9900 3
    christy520 2
    VanCity778 1
    sir.dangerfield 1

Current Standings 80!

I hope next week I'll have another two to report since a friends brother is considering one for himself and his mom. Also, I'll be ridding this Sunday on the Blue Lake Tri wearing my BB colors.
    I'm not going to win the event for crying out loud but I am going to try to be on the top half to top third of the group. Hey if BB does not advertise then I will. I love my BB Legion T-Shirt.
    07-23-12 12:58 PM
    Got another one too! My mothers bday is coming in september so u found one used in my area and now everyone in my household has one (or rather will). So my count is up to 5!!!
    07-23-12 02:35 PM
    Hello BB Legionnaires,

Jeovex scores again. Moves up two places in the competition. Nice to get the numbers rolling again. We are at 81 PBs!

guerllamo7 22
    adozeneggs@aol.com 10
    13echo4 7
    deathcommand 6
    dapper37 5
    The_Adventist 5
    double_j75 5
    Jeovex 5
    s7khan 4
    playbookster 4
    BigAl_BB9900 3
    christy520 2
    VanCity778 1
    sir.dangerfield 1

Current Standings 81!

BTW, I did an Olympic distance TRI and wore my BlackBerry t-shirt. I love my BB t-shirt. There are so many people talking trash about BB these days that I decided last year to make a workout t-shirt that showed my support. People can try all the want to get me to switch my device but I know what I love.
    07-30-12 01:51 PM
    Hello BB Legionnaires,

Guerllamo7 scores again (how self serving is that?). We are at 82 PBs! My sister-in-law is having a birthday and we got her the 32GB with a case and dock charger.

They were looking at an e-reader but since my/her mother-in-law (Mary) has had one almost from day one, she has seen tons of videos of the kids, we've shared pictures with BlueBox, we videoChat, and 2.0 has been a big upgrade (especially for non-BlackBerry phone users).

I'll see if I can post a video of her after she has had it for a few weeks.

guerllamo7 23
    adozeneggs@aol.com 10
    13echo4 7
    deathcommand 6
    dapper37 5
    The_Adventist 5
    double_j75 5
    Jeovex 5
    s7khan 4
    playbookster 4
    BigAl_BB9900 3
    christy520 2
    VanCity778 1
    sir.dangerfield 1

Current Standings 82!

Now, when they release the 4G LTE in the U.S. I'm going to e-mail the turkey that was quoted as an authority saying that BlackBerry was getting out of the tablet business last year. That dummy probably cost many people an opportunity to get a great 7" tablet for a killer price. No, problem, we can just keep getting the word out and objective people can decide for themselves.
    08-13-12 11:20 AM
    Hello BB Legionnaires,

No BB Playbooks were reported this week. We are still at 82.
    Little over four months to go for 2012. Looking for 100 PB's but we will see.

I'm interested in the 4G version. Looking forward to that review from a U.S. version.
    08-20-12 10:21 AM
    Hey there, sorry to come into this one late. NWSunchaser sold me on mine in April, and I've in turn gotten three of my friends to pick one up. All PlayBook 16GBs.
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    08-20-12 11:08 AM
    KidCaboose,

No problem. Better now than never I say.

Pretty neat tablet and for a great price too.
    08-21-12 12:54 PM
    Hey,
    My friend Jan just came over to visit at the office and is starting a small business so she asked me if I was still using my Playbook. Long story short, she is getting one as well.

Goooo RIM!
    08-23-12 04:33 PM
    Hi there,
    Just ordered another 2 x 64Gb PlayBooks (UK price of 129 each is too good to miss) - do these count for the competition as I will be using them as early Christmas presents?
    08-25-12 07:55 AM
    Hello BigAl_BB9900,
    They sure do. You purchased them.

What a great deal.
    08-27-12 08:56 AM
    Hello BB Legionnaires,

We moved three Playbooks this week. We are at 85 PBs! BigAl_BB990 got two and moves up two places in our competition and guerllamo7 got one for Janice.

Janice decided to get a Playbook. I showed her the PB months ago and she did not show interest at the time but she did upgrade to a BlackBerry Curve with OS7 as her first smart phone and she has loved it ever since.
    She decided to stop listening to all the doomsayers and just get a Playbook because she is satisfied with the BlackBerry product she now has. I call that a smart consumer.

guerllamo7 23
    adozeneggs@aol.com 10
    13echo4 7
    deathcommand 6
    dapper37 5
    The_Adventist 5
    double_j75 5
    Jeovex 5
    BigAl_BB9900 5
    s7khan 4
    playbookster 4
    christy520 2
    VanCity778 1
    sir.dangerfield 1

Current Standings 85!

O.K. we now have four months to go, that makes it twelve weeks. In order to hit the 100 Playbook mark we are going to have to move just over one Playbook per week. I'm all in so I'll do what I can. Hope we can get there but lets see what happens. I'm cautiously optimistic.
    08-27-12 09:07 AM
    Hello BB Legionnaires,

No new devices were sold this week.

guerllamo7 23
    adozeneggs@aol.com 10
    13echo4 7
    deathcommand 6
    dapper37 5
    The_Adventist 5
    double_j75 5
    Jeovex 5
    BigAl_BB9900 5
    s7khan 4
    playbookster 4
    christy520 2
    VanCity778 1
    sir.dangerfield 1

Current Standings 85!

I have to say the new Kindle Fire HD is a very nice and competitive tablet (unlike the original Fire). However, it still lacks the interphase that BlackBerry offers with its phones.
    No remote control and no power point presentations. For some it will be a nice option but for most BlackBerry users the Playbook will still be a better option.
    09-10-12 02:15 PM
    Hello BB Legionnaires,

No new devices were sold this week.

guerllamo7 23
    adozeneggs@aol.com 10
    13echo4 7
    deathcommand 6
    dapper37 5
    The_Adventist 5
    double_j75 5
    Jeovex 5
    BigAl_BB9900 5
    s7khan 4
    playbookster 4
    christy520 2
    VanCity778 1
    sir.dangerfield 1

Current Standings 85!

I have to say the new Kindle Fire HD is a very nice and competitive tablet (unlike the original Fire). However, it still lacks the interphase that BlackBerry offers with its phones.
    No remote control and no power point presentations. For some it will be a nice option but for most BlackBerry users the Playbook will still be a better option.
    agreed about the playbook > kf HD, nice option for those who got he original kindle fire I suppose...
    09-10-12 09:23 PM
    I just order one 64g from the source for $199. At first I was going to give it to my my nephew, but I think I am going to keep it for myself. LOL. I send out The Source on line flyer to a few people. One of them wanted to take a second look at mine. So I gotta to bring it to work for a demo tomorrow. I don't care about winning any price here, just wanted to have as many people experiencing PlayBook as possible.
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    09-10-12 09:58 PM
    Hey! I didn't make the list with the one I got because of another member, and the three I got friends to buy? Also, I'm working on getting four for the Youth Center I run, will they count if I manage it?
    09-11-12 06:50 AM
    i'd like to add +2 to the list: got 2 family members to buy.
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    09-11-12 09:49 PM
    I brought my playbook today to work. I just place an order 2 X 16G and 1 X 64G. There's two more coworkers interested in getting 64G will confirm once I see it.
    09-11-12 10:07 PM
    My dad has just bought himself a 64gb Playbook based on my recommendations. Its taken me a while to win him over, but he's suitably impressed, and I'm happy to be successful in my endeavors.

This is my first recommendation to buy a Playbook, but I'm hoping there are more to follow!
    09-12-12 10:20 AM
    2 x 64gb for myself

2x 64gb my mate and his daughter

And at least 5 friends at work after seeing mine.

3 guys on a car forum i use bought them as well.
    09-12-12 02:24 PM
    really liking he playbook spreading!!!!
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    09-12-12 02:41 PM
    Jeovex,

It is spreading! I think it is being done by people like us. We see how powerful it is and just show it to other people.

Wow, when I think about BB10 being just a few months away and the OS upgrade that will come to the Playbook and the new phones, I think it is going to be interesting.
    09-19-12 08:57 AM
    So far my count is 2 X 16G, 2 X 64G through my purchase. I can also conformed two co worker of mine both bought a 32G. With two more to confirm. The more people get their hands on the Playbook the better support we get for our devices by RIM and developers. IMHO Playbook is the most undervalue tablet in the market. I've always said to those who were on the fence and those who eventually bought one, dollar for dollar, spec for spec, you cannot do any better.
    09-19-12 01:38 PM
234 ... 78910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD