11-27-12 04:02 AM
234 ... 678910
tools
    Hello Legionnaires,

I don't know how many of us will go the distance on this competition nor do I know how many Playbooks we will move but I know two things:

1. Several of us will support RIM all the way to the finish line.
    2. Regardless of who wins, the wine portion of the prize will NOT come from The Wall Street Journal Wine program.
    I tried it before and was not impressed and they called me back telling me that they assembled an awesome package and had this great "come back to us" price to boot. Well, after one glass of the Malbec I can tell you it not only fails to meet the standards of a nice wine on price, and every other category but it was probably the worst wine I've ever had in my life.
    * The "nose" was kind of a mixture of cough syrup and gasoline.
    * The taste was no better and it was bitter and felt like heartburn from the tip of my mouth all the way to my stomach! Seriously!

I can only assume that this case was left out in the sun somewhere because it is not possible for grapes to be that terrible. I tried the second bottle of Malbec just in case and it was the same. Both are down the drain now.

Anyway, I know this much: Not only are we going to support a great little tablet but we are going to enjoy a GREAT Bottle of wine come year end.

Hang in there and keep the faith. From all the information coming out on the forums there is all kinds of good stuff right around the corner.

Go RIM!
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 05-19-12 at 09:50 AM.
    05-18-12 11:19 PM
    Hi again,I just had to buy another PB after mine being stolen, and showed a video from YouTube to my guitar teacher. I wanted to know how to play a certain song, he watched the video and at my next lesson, he showed me his 16gb playbook. One convert at a time.
    Last edited by OriginalLucy; 05-19-12 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Spelling
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    05-19-12 10:16 AM
    Hello BB Legionnaires,

guerllamo7, added one more (Sarah S. gets a Playbook gift from her friend Gladys). Sarah just had a baby on Saturday. He was a couple of days early but the proud parents already have some great pictures and video of the little girl.

That brings out total to 74 Playbooks!!

Here is the weekly update to our competition:
    guerllamo7 18
    adozeneggs@aol.com 10
    13echo4 7
    deathcommand 6
    dapper37 5
    The_Adventist 5
    double_j75 5
    s7khan 4
    playbookster 4
    Jeovex 3
    BigAl_BB9900 3
    christy520 2
    VanCity778 1
    sir.dangerfield 1

Current Standings 74!

I feel like 75 will be a to 100 like starting the 4th lap on a track going for the mile. Typically it picks up a bit and that will be awesome.
    I don't know what our final number will be but 100 Playbooks seems quite probably at this point. I'm finding that the people that got Playbooks are showing it to their friends and they just call me and ask me to pick one up for them and help them set it up.
    I love it when a plan comes together.
    05-21-12 10:16 AM
    Hello BB Legionnaires,

guerllamo7, added one more. Gladys gives her partner an upgrade and gives away her old 16GB and gets a 32GB Playbook. Now Gladys and her partner both have 32GB Playbooks.

That brings out total to 75 Playbooks!!

guerllamo7 19
    adozeneggs@aol.com 10
    13echo4 7
    deathcommand 6
    dapper37 5
    The_Adventist 5
    double_j75 5
    s7khan 4
    playbookster 4
    Jeovex 3
    BigAl_BB9900 3
    christy520 2
    VanCity778 1
    sir.dangerfield 1

Current Standings 75!
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 05-29-12 at 09:57 AM.
    05-29-12 09:53 AM
    Whoaa.. cool..
    Well.. for me, I made my cousin (32Gb) and his dad/my uncle (16Gb) to buy a PB
    But can't made my family to buy one since they kinda don't need it. Bad news is, I can't afford to buy each of them one too.
    05-29-12 11:55 AM
    Managed to convinced a teenager to go for the PlayBook rather than an ipod.
    The PB as an e-reader sealed the deal.
    05-30-12 08:00 PM
    Managed to convinced a teenager to go for the PlayBook rather than an ipod.
    The PB as an e-reader sealed the deal.
    05-30-12 08:01 PM
    1 x 16 GB iPad = 2 x 16 GB PBs + $100 for apps. That's a lot of Angry Birds you can buy.
    05-30-12 08:07 PM
    I bought a 32 gb, sold it to buy a 64, then bought wife a 64. I've talked it up to anyone who listen but if they don't decide to buy the bargain of the decade, their loss. I hope they enjoy their overpriced decision. Their loss.

If they lower the price further I'll buy out bustbuy and future chop's inventory and open my own PB store. I love these damn things.
    Cracklen and dusdal like this.
    05-30-12 08:12 PM
    Hello BB Legionnaires,

No contest members reported Playbook sales this week. However, it is nice to read all the other people keeping it going.

We are at a total of 75 Playbooks!! Not bad.

guerllamo7 18
    adozeneggs@aol.com 10
    13echo4 7
    deathcommand 6
    dapper37 5
    The_Adventist 5
    double_j75 5
    s7khan 4
    playbookster 4
    Jeovex 3
    BigAl_BB9900 3
    christy520 2
    VanCity778 1
    sir.dangerfield 1

Current Standings 75!
    06-04-12 11:06 AM
    I dont even have my hands on the Playbook yet (June 13 Birthday present), but know what it can do and have already got five other co-workers to get one. We use Blackberry at work (government) and Im working on getting all our media requirements met by Blackberry. So, please up the great work and dont get frustrated with new or repetitive questions. We need you more than you know.
    Lenny
    06-04-12 02:54 PM
    I'm working on a couple people at work. I kinda laugh to myself at the 'Is that your iPad for Blackberry?' questions. When I show them how to move around and what it can do with no built in 3g coverage, most take a step back.
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    06-04-12 03:01 PM
    Hello BB Legionnaires,

No contest members reported Playbook sales this week . However, I'm talking to a friend that is considering one for himself and his son, so hopefully we will notch up two more but who knows.

We are at a total of 75 Playbooks and that is pretty awesome.

guerllamo7 18
    adozeneggs@aol.com 10
    13echo4 7
    deathcommand 6
    dapper37 5
    The_Adventist 5
    double_j75 5
    s7khan 4
    playbookster 4
    Jeovex 3
    BigAl_BB9900 3
    christy520 2
    VanCity778 1
    sir.dangerfield 1

Current Standings 75!
    06-11-12 09:30 AM
    Hello BB Legionnaires,

No contest members reported Playbook sales this week . However, I'm talking to a friend that is considering one for himself and his son, so hopefully we will notch up two more but who knows.

We are at a total of 75 Playbooks and that is pretty awesome.

guerllamo7 18
    adozeneggs@aol.com 10
    13echo4 7
    deathcommand 6
    dapper37 5
    The_Adventist 5
    double_j75 5
    s7khan 4
    playbookster 4
    Jeovex 3
    BigAl_BB9900 3
    christy520 2
    VanCity778 1
    sir.dangerfield 1

Current Standings 75!
    06-11-12 09:34 AM
    Hey!
    Got two orders for 16GB Playbooks. It seems they are running out of these guys so I was glad I had picked-up a few.
    So, after a couple of weeks with no new numbers we get two more on the charts! Pretty happy about that. Also, I see Jeovex is getting another one to a future happy user.

We march on.

As they say, the longest journey begins with one step.
    06-17-12 12:14 AM
    Well, i might want to join too, well if i still can... There's mine and i have convinced 3 friends to buy a playbook as well.. Still working on the "oldies".
    06-17-12 01:02 AM
    Hello BB Legionnaires,

Two contest members reported Playbook sales this week . Jeovex added one and Guerllamo7 added two. Jeovex is giving one to family and Guerllamo7 got two orders after a friend at a conference showed it to two other people.

We are at a total of 78 Playbooks and that is pretty awesome.

guerllamo7 20
    adozeneggs@aol.com 10
    13echo4 7
    deathcommand 6
    dapper37 5
    The_Adventist 5
    double_j75 5
    s7khan 4
    playbookster 4
    Jeovex 4
    BigAl_BB9900 3
    christy520 2
    VanCity778 1
    sir.dangerfield 1

Current Standings 78!

TIP: I've been helping people get a few Playbooks and what I'm finding is that a few use them for presentations, a few for regular Video Chat, a few for Book reading, games, etc. But ALL of them are using it for web-browsing and taking pictures and video to share with others.

I guess this makes sense because according to HMTL5test.com, the Playbook has the best HTML5 browser and has Flash to boot. The cameras are better than the leading competitor, since they both are 1080p HD cameras, and the speakers are way better as well.

I've been sharing this with everyone I talk to about them because it is certainly worth considering over say a Kindle Fire that has no cameras at all. If you are not happy that you need to use Reel Portal (which I love) for Video Chatting on PC/Mac, I would say that there is just no comparison to a device that does not even have cameras.

Lastly, I would suggest people take a look at our friends at GoodEReader.com. These guys have added a ton of android apps that easily can be used on the Playbook.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 06-18-12 at 12:15 PM.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-18-12 12:00 PM
    I finally just acquired my own (64gb utilizing $125 'free' FS GCs) so haven't had an opportunity to have anyone else acquire one due to my input buuut for the lurkers sitting on the fence who need just a little further incentive to acquire a Pb

Run down to FS outlet or if you prefer the online option, where it also shows up . . . 'till june21st buy any size Pb and acquire for an additional $50cdn the leather journal case and charging pod/cradle !

Interesting hearing about how u.s. retailers are seemingly scalping prospective buyers of these units, when up here even u.s.-based retailers are still sticking with the RIM msrp;
    ie. BlackBerry - PlayBook Price - BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 - Canada

The FS outlet I went back to acquire my case/charger package (unit purchase tues--->fri.combo pkg) still had at least 2-64s in lock-up for the (new normal) msrp price point !

Buy BB Pb/ Buy RIM/ Buy Canadian

doug c

(alas ya can't buy a Cdn-made locomotive anymore as the manufacturer moved the 'line' to a Ind. sweatshop LOL )
    Last edited by Cracklen; 06-18-12 at 08:14 PM.
    06-18-12 12:48 PM
    Count me in, I convinced 1 friend to buy a PlayBook, he's very sattisfied and guess what? He's now picking which Bold to buy instead of his Nokia E-something (the fake BlackBerry ). So it's not a lot, but every PlayBook counts
    Last edited by Farokh; 06-18-12 at 01:24 PM.
    06-18-12 01:21 PM
    You guys rock. I just got mine and am in the process of selling the Playbook idea to my co-workers who use BlackBerry phones in the DoD, but haven't heard of the Playbook.
    06-18-12 01:48 PM
    Farokh,

Great post. I actually logged on to post that I also got a friend to switch from a different device to BlackBerry. He got the Torch 9810.
    I think it is worth noting that he has had a Playbook for about three or four months now and when I showed him all he could do with the BB+PB combo it was just a matter of time.
    I know that I am biased but I think I have good reason to be. He now has a reliable smartphone he can use anywhere in the world (he travels abroad once per year on vacation), super secure, loves BB Traffic an BB Music, Vlingo (still free for everyone on a BlackBerry - Thank you BB), BBM (his wife has a company issued BB) so now they can BBM each other.

We still have some time to bridge between now and the new BB10 devices. I'm sure they will be awesome but I see much to like about the current BB + PB combo and the new OS7 devices are pretty sweet, especially with all the freebies from BB.
    Ruslan Botsyurko likes this.
    06-19-12 12:59 PM
    lcjr,
    Congratulations on you PB. I know we are all different but just wanted to share some apps that I've found pretty cool:

1. Reel Portal - free video chat with one or multiple users on PC/Mac (not everyone has a PB)
    2. Nexus - if you know someone with a PB and use the same network it is an awesome way to transfer files (pics, SS, audio MP3, etc.)
    3. Scrapbook - if you use facebook it could be a fun way to easily post cool stuff to show your friends. This is a TAT app and the UI is awesome.
    4. I also like BlueBox. Essentially, dropbox.
    06-19-12 01:05 PM
    I have 2 and talked my friend into getting a 2nd one, and so he did for himself.Living not to far from RIM, I strongly support them.
    06-19-12 01:20 PM
    Hello BB Legionnaires,

No orders reported by legionnaires this week. However, I am working on one so hopefully will have some good news next week. Almost half way through the year and we have 78 PB's moved. That is pretty good. BTW, several people not in the contest are posting that they are showing their PB's to friends and they are buying.
    I wonder if they are going to release the new PB next month. That could have an impact on the numbers. Also, I'm getting a little distracted by the BB10 thing. I had a friend of mine get a BB Torch 9810 last week and so far he likes it.

We are at a total of 78 Playbooks and that is pretty awesome.

guerllamo7 20
    adozeneggs@aol.com 10
    13echo4 7
    deathcommand 6
    dapper37 5
    The_Adventist 5
    double_j75 5
    s7khan 4
    playbookster 4
    Jeovex 4
    BigAl_BB9900 3
    christy520 2
    VanCity778 1
    sir.dangerfield 1

Current Standings 78!

Next month, I'll be ridding on an Olympic Tri (1500meter swim, 25mile bike, 6 mile run) and I'll be wearing my BB Legion t-shirt. I've done a couple of Tri's before and just placed in the middle of the pack but this time I'm going to try to get on the top third to support BlackBerry.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 06-25-12 at 12:52 PM.
    06-25-12 12:46 PM
    Hey Everyone,

I got a friend to order a new 32GB Playbook. Actually, I am ordering it for her. She went to visit family in the Philippines and it turns out that the Playbook is very expensive there so she sold it at cost to a friend. Now, she is back and wants one so I ordered her one.

I'm always happy when I can report a Playbook sale on our little contest.
    06-27-12 03:40 PM
234 ... 678910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD