11-27-12 03:02 AM
234 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Hello Legionnaires,
    Here is the weekly standing for our competition:

Kind of slow week but we manged to add one more to the Playbook family. Guerllamo7 added one for a total of twelve for the year.

guerllamo7 12
    adozeneggs@aol.com 10
    13echo4 7
    deathcommand 6
    dapper37 5
    The_Adventist 5
    s7khan 4
    playbookster 4
    Jeovex 3
    double_j75 3
    christy520 2
    VanCity778 1
    sir.dangerfield 1

Current Legionnaire Standings 63

Our friends Cliff, Evie and their son Kaiden are moving from Portland and they have many friends form our church that would like to keep in touch so they got a Playbook to for various reasons but mainly to video chat with us. Their son Kaiden called my son Cooper on video chat for the first time.

Pretty cool.

To think you could be sitting in bed and video chatting with someone all the way across the U.S. for 199.00 is pretty cool.
    Hi G

Thanks for the thanks (my 'have got my physiotherapists to get 2 PlayBooks' post)

Do these two not count for the league table? eg they have been purchased in the first week of April 2012

Cheers,

Alex
    04-09-12 05:24 PM
    I have gone through three of them earlier last year. Bought my current one in January and got my wife one in March. I have converted several to the PlayBook including the publisher of our local paper. Hope to get him to do a story on mobile tech. I would be main business owner interviewed, thus will be singing the praises of PB. Gorilla Marketing at its best!

My Verizon dealer was slamming the PlayBook based on April 2011 device his boss had. Then I had him play with my new PlayBook. He is getting rid of his DROID and going back to BlackBerry for the bridge.

BTW Best Buy has dropped their prices on PlayBook back to 199.00 etc. For those who paid full price over the last few weeks? Time to price match!
    04-09-12 07:10 PM
    BigAl_BB9900,
    Hey, no problem. Several people have made comments and tell us the number of tablets that they have gotten friends to buy and enjoy but some wanted to enter the contest and other just share that but not participate in the contest.
    I took a look at your posts and you are certainly a BB Legionnaire. Welcome to the contest and I have your numbers posted every Monday along with the other members.

Like you, we all love our BlackBerry devices and look forward a friendly contest where we share tips and ideas to get the word out on our BlackBerry Playbooks.

BigAl_BB9900 has 2
    You just brought our count up to 64!

G-

P.S. the prizes are a nice bottle of wine, a BlackBerry Legion t-shirt, and an accessory for your BlackBerry. Yes, should you emerge the victor I will ship it to London. The real prize is to have some fun sharing the word about our Playbooks but contest just makes it more fun.
    04-10-12 10:15 AM
    MrBugMan,

You are DA MAN! You know, if you get someone like that to publish an article on the Playbook it could hit it out of the ballpark.

G-
    04-10-12 10:19 AM
    Cliff, Evelyn and Kaiden purchased a Playbook to keep in touch when they leave Portland. All the best guys.
    The Playbook rocks!
    04-11-12 02:52 PM
    Double_j75 scores two more for a total of five!
    Nice going. Double_j75 moves up three spots in the Legionnaire contest ranking.

Tip: This may be old news but I went to Best Buy to pick-up a Playbook for yet another member of my church and did not need to price match with Office Depot because they lowered the price again.
    I half toyed with the sales guy and half wanted to educate him. I went to get the tablet and instead asked, "what 7 inch tablet do you recomend?". He made a straight line for the Kindle Fire (not a bad tablet for 199.00 but nowhere near the PB IMO). So it went like this:
    Sales guy: "this tablet is easy to use and has movies, e-books, games, etc."
    guerllamo7: "hmmm. That is nice and at 199.00 it is a great price. Where are the cameras? Can I video chat?
    SG: "uhhh. I'm not sure... I can't tell, is that a camera infront? I'd have to check."
    guerllamo7: "I have kids, video taping my kids or taking pictures is very important. What other tablets do you have (I tried to help him a bit and said) for 199.00"
    SG: "uhhh" as we walked past the awesome Playbook he said "we have this one but it is hard to use. It has no buttons."
    guerllamo7: "hmmm. Hard to use? it looks like it uses gestures instead of buttons. Kinda cool."

I asked: Does it do video and take pictures? He looked at it and said yes. I mentioned that I heard it uses HD cameras. He said he did not know.
    Can you read e-books, magazines? he looked and said yes.
    can you download movies and music? he looked some more and I had to help him a bit but eventually he said yes again.

"Wow, this little guy is pretty cool! I'll take it".
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 04-12-12 at 09:16 AM.
    johnny316 likes this.
    04-12-12 08:58 AM
    Nice tips G.
    What a nice idea to educate the BestBuy/Staples guys and promote the PlayBook.
    Got to try when I get a close family a wedding gift. Plan to use the PlayBook to video record the bride and groom's joyful wedding day event, and present to them later.
    04-14-12 07:25 PM
    I'm working on it...I'm playing inception with my friends colleagues and family. Just say audibly while doing something on your playbook: "Gee, this tablet is so fast!"

I pop it out in front of my boss to add an appointment or set a reminder on my calendar.

I use it in my classroom (I'm a teacher) my students are now familiar with the competition to the only tablet they know and even got one of my non-students to get one last January.

I'm not keeping count, but I'm planting the seeds. Water, repeat and watch the Playbook user base grow!
    04-14-12 07:27 PM
    Johnny316,
    That is an awesome idea and also a great wedding gift. If you don't mind, I may borrow it for the next wedding of a close friend.

mikelcal,
    I hope the seeds you are planting grow to be smart and informed little decision makers. If they can get past the hype, they may well opt for a Playbook. Believe it or not, some young person in Asia sold his kidney to buy and iPhone and iPad. That is just so sad to see. Clearly no material gizmo (not an iPad, Playbook, Droid...Nothing) is worth you health but the marketing is powerful. I was a bit upset after I read the article.

BTW, thanks for raising the next generation of leaders that can think for themselves.
    04-14-12 10:39 PM
    Hello,

I bet we can take the projection of 3 million PB's to 8 million.

Any takers? I love BlackBerry and would like to chat with users that are willing to go above and beyond more directly . I know it is kind of compulsive and nutty but hey, some people like to smoke pot, I like to see BlackBerry do great in 2012.
    Are you kidding? 3 to 8 Million? Since I own one, I have a vested interest in seeing the Playbook do well. But lets be realistic. The consumer tablet market is flooded with new offerings and competing operating systems. A shake out is inevitable. RIM has already admitted it is focusing on its core business base customers.

A Playbook for a Blackberry owner is a no brainer. But don't expect to convert too many Apple and Android tablet customers.
    04-14-12 11:11 PM
    I'm at 1 PlayBook and working hard on the second
    04-15-12 09:59 AM
    Double_j75 scores two more for a total of five!
    Nice going. Double_j75 moves up three spots in the Legionnaire contest ranking.

Tip: This may be old news but I went to Best Buy to pick-up a Playbook for yet another member of my church and did not need to price match with Office Depot because they lowered the price again.
    I half toyed with the sales guy and half wanted to educate him. I went to get the tablet and instead asked, "what 7 inch tablet do you recomend?". He made a straight line for the Kindle Fire (not a bad tablet for 199.00 but nowhere near the PB IMO). So it went like this:
    Sales guy: "this tablet is easy to use and has movies, e-books, games, etc."
    guerllamo7: "hmmm. That is nice and at 199.00 it is a great price. Where are the cameras? Can I video chat?
    SG: "uhhh. I'm not sure... I can't tell, is that a camera infront? I'd have to check."
    guerllamo7: "I have kids, video taping my kids or taking pictures is very important. What other tablets do you have (I tried to help him a bit and said) for 199.00"
    SG: "uhhh" as we walked past the awesome Playbook he said "we have this one but it is hard to use. It has no buttons."
    guerllamo7: "hmmm. Hard to use? it looks like it uses gestures instead of buttons. Kinda cool."

I asked: Does it do video and take pictures? He looked at it and said yes. I mentioned that I heard it uses HD cameras. He said he did not know.
    Can you read e-books, magazines? he looked and said yes.
    can you download movies and music? he looked some more and I had to help him a bit but eventually he said yes again.

"Wow, this little guy is pretty cool! I'll take it".
    Good story. I just wonder how you read e-books and magazines.
    04-15-12 10:10 AM
    If I can get the Intuit Go Payment working I'll deploy 25 Playbooks to my employees. So far it works fine as a side loaded app but I haven't tested the card swiper yet. Still waiting on it to come in. Unfortunately if it doesn't work they all get Lenovo Androids.
    Back on topic I already have 16 converts to the Playbook since the price drop. Most had never seen a tablet before.
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    04-15-12 02:19 PM
    Ka-Pow!
    Mark S, a member of the board at my church got a Playbook. Further, I had the office manager video chat with me about a guy that wants one (I won't count that one yet until he calls me separately BUT the ministers daughter and the assistant to the youth ministry ordered two (I won't count them until I deliver them but the week is looking good with two orders and maybe I can get three or dare I hope for four? No matter, two is great and anything else would be awesome!)

Go BlackBerry Legion!
    04-15-12 08:22 PM
    I feel like those annoying people that come to my door in the middle of the day to convert me into a religon.

Sent from my Blackberry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk Beta
    04-15-12 08:44 PM
    I now have 4.

Got the wife to buy me this one for my birthday, my sister saw how much I loved it so got her husband one. My buddy at work bought one for his son now he's hooked and buying one for himself.
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    04-15-12 08:56 PM
    Already got 2 of my roommates to get on board after I got mine. What else do I need to do so this can be tracked
    04-16-12 05:19 AM
    Only got my Playbook 3 weeks ago and so far I have convinced my Mum to get one, my friend across the road and one of my cyber friends on a gaming forum.
    04-16-12 05:32 AM
    Do RIM read these forums? If so why are they not offering you guys jobs????
    04-16-12 06:17 AM
    jamesbond007,
    Books: Kobo
    Mags: Zinio
    04-16-12 09:13 AM
    Hello Legionnaires,

Welcome BigAl_BB9900. He has joined the battle on 9 April 2012 with two Playbooks.

Here is the weekly standing of our competition:
    guerllamo7 13
    adozeneggs@aol.com 10
    13echo4 7
    deathcommand 6
    dapper37 5
    The_Adventist 5
    double_j75 5
    s7khan 4
    playbookster 4
    Jeovex 3
    chrisy520 2
    BiaAl_BB9900 2 (joined the battle on 9 April 2012)
    VanCity778 1
    sir.dangerfield 1

Current Total: 68

Awesome! closing in on 70. That is seventy people that did not have to sell their kidneys for a tablet (oh yes, a young man in China was reported to actually have done this for a different tablet at 499.00). 70 people that will get a great deal. 70 new BlackBerry users.
    You guys are awesome!

Admin note:
    To the people that have made posts regarding their own stories about how they helped someone get a Playbook. Thank you for your posts and keep posting. We welcome your posts. The CrackBerry community is awesome.
    I just want you to know that in order to keep the tracking manageable and to verify postings, I've basically used a criteria for the contest:

1. You have to have a history on CrackBerry. (quite a few posts or a few very powerful and positive ones regading BB)
    This helps manage the logistics of tracking the contest. If so, and unlike most people that post here, you do want to enter the contest, just send me a pvt msg and I'll get on it. Thanks.

2. If you have spewed hatred on BlackBerry on various posts you will not be on the contest (it is an open forum so feel free but this contest is just a group of BlackBerry fans trying to help friends get awesome stuff for a song and have a little fun exchanging ideas and stories.)
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 04-16-12 at 10:07 AM.
    04-16-12 09:30 AM
    Got one to bite, then sideloaded several apps for him this weekend.
    04-16-12 02:27 PM
    I'm giving my wife my 16GB because I just ordered a 64GB.

Not counting her I've got one who bought a 16GB, new for $149 with the warranty.

Both should be here wed or thur.

Got another interested but he spent the money he made on ebay on a new HDTV. Still working on him...he is a Linux guy.
    04-16-12 07:20 PM
    Just realized while reading your thread that I converted 7 people over the last 5/6 months.
    Family, neighbors and friends.

Fun to see that others are doing the same.
    04-16-12 07:32 PM
    I've personally bought 3-32GB units, the first for me, then a birthday gift for my Father-In-law, then a third for my wife's Christmas present.

Then in January I sold my original 32GB unit for almost enough to pay for my current 64GB PlayBook.

I've also managed to convince two other coworkers to buy...
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    04-16-12 07:39 PM
234 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD