s7khan 4
    playbookster 4
    Jeovex 3
    double_j75 3
    chrisy520 1
    VanCity778 1
    sir.dangerfield 1
    Current standings:

Together we helped four more consumers get an awesome tablet at an awesome price. Also, with the $25.00 credit for Zenio and other free goodies from BB this people are getting a great deal thanks to us.

Goooooo RIM!
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 03-26-12 at 12:52 PM.
    03-26-12 12:50 PM
    I guess my 1 doesn't count. LOL don't care. No way I'm going to do any more.
    03-26-12 12:53 PM
    No problem. We don't expect most people will actually want to participate in our contest. We just love BB and think it is only fair to let our friends know about the current price and just how awesome this little tablet is. Seriously, we understand.

However, I can almost taste the nice bottle of red wine at the end of this contest. Hmmm.... victory.
    ambarmetta likes this.
    03-26-12 12:54 PM
    One Playbook convert...BB phone user already who was buying a Ipad...all my friends are Johnny Appleseeds or Data Droids.
    guerllamo7 and ambarmetta like this.
    03-26-12 04:01 PM
    Finally got another! Just back from taking a final and my classmate got a PlayBook! The sales pitch worked.
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    03-26-12 06:08 PM
    Finally got another! Just back from taking a final and my classmate got a PlayBook! The sales pitch worked.
    What your sales pich lol I need some new material.

guerllamo you shafted me 2 brother. 1 got 7. Oh well who's counting lmao.
    diegonei likes this.
    03-26-12 06:52 PM
    I live in San Francisco. Couldnt move a pb with a tow truck.
    03-26-12 09:14 PM
    5 so far since my friend converted me over Christmas when he bought one for himself and his father. 4 of them were after the OS 2.0 came out since it is very easy to show the great features.
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    03-26-12 09:19 PM
    Nice! You doubled your count! . Now you have two points.

Here is the great news, if you follow up with your friends and they love the PB they will tell others and you can help them get PB's as well.

Here is a little tip: Best Buy still has the PB at 499.00 but Office Depot has it at 199.00 but they are selling out so tell your friends to go to Best Buy and get them to price match. Also, if they get it on a Best Buy card (not saying they should but it is something to think about) they get 4% credit for their next purchase if they want.

I look at it like this: the PB at 199.00 is a steal. Then your friend can get the Zinio $25.00 discount, two free game apps, say $8.00, then free docs to go (normally 14.99 with other tablets) for Word, Excel, etc. and you are starting to get seriously cheap prices.
    Also, today only the insipio case is a steal on CB. You may want to tell your friend about that.
    Just sharing ideas. Great Job!
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-27-12 09:38 AM
    Man, I'm totally counting your points. I'll correct on the next update but you are at seven as of right now.
    Thanks for the info.

Tip: It sounds like we are pretty close, so if you get any interesting information on accessories or other things that may help up our counts let me know, I'll do the same. For example, a friend of mine wanted the PB but it did not work with her (big and old) VGA projector so I went over and purchased a HDMI to VGA converter box but just yesterday I went to Best Buy and picked up a Pico PK301 pocket projector (not the one on the BlackBerry website, which looks great but only has 15 lumins, this one has 50 and it is only a bit larger so if you are interested I can post a review or just e-mail you. This will certainly help my friend at church but it could help people that need to be able to do mobile presentations as well.

Looking forward to a great contest with you! It seems we are neck and neck (again)

Gooooo RIM!
    03-27-12 09:47 AM
    Only one for me. But I guess that is good in a city where people think that the ipad has android ^^U
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    03-27-12 10:14 AM
    Two more! Bam! POW!
    So, Glady's got one the previous day but as I was heading over to give Rev. Lisa her PB (both 64GB) she mentioned that her partner wanted one as well. BAM2!

I'm at 10. Tied for the lead but 13Echo4 added two and Chrisy520 added one since the last tally so BlackBerry Legion is at:

61 Playbooks!!!

Nothing is innevitable! Don't take the popular choice when you know their something better for you and for a better price. Go Playbook!

I am getting this things out so fast I actually had to give up my case and my wife's case to suit up the last two but that's O.K. Today I received 1 more from CrackBerry (along with some other goodies and I have two more on order).

Tip: Don't forget to tell your friends that just got one or are about to get one that the Zinio $25.00 promo expires at the end of the month.

Go RIM!!
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 03-28-12 at 03:06 PM. Reason: add pics
    ambarmetta likes this.
    03-28-12 03:04 PM
    What a nice competition! Whenever I get an opportunity or get email PB promotions I would pass onto others by planting the seeds. Not sure what fell on fertile ground and still spreading the good news. At least 5 family/ friends have PBs after me, but I guess these don't count.
    Still the best value @ $199.
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    03-31-12 07:02 AM
    The way we look at it, if the people that you helped get a Playbook would not have done it without your advice then you get that point.
    I'm a bit compulsive so I actually ordered for Playbooks for people but as I was showing them I noticed people wanted to get them and I have been ordering Playbooks from BlackBerry or Best Buy or wherever and then just selling them to people. I buy them at 199.00 and sell them at 199.00. I ALWAYS buy a case, but not from BlackBerry. CrackBerry has way better prices for that and I trust them. I sent an item back and no questions asked I got 100% refunded.
    I help these people set them up (keep in mind they are all friends or at least friends of friends) and they love them.
    Every single person I help with a Playbook gets:

Print to Go set up
    Scrapbook (the best at this - this is an awesome TAT app and I look forward to more)
    If they use Amazon I sideload it for them but if not I encourage them to use Kobo.
    I ask them what their favorite websites are and I show them how to save them.
    I also encourage them to use 7 digital and to rent 1 and buy 1 movie from BB Movies.
    I also set-up their Desktop Manger for them.

(did I mention I was a bit compulsive? Anyway, I'm on the verge of getting my church fully Playbook ready and they are loving it)

Bottom line, every single person that has gotten a Playbook from me is just in love with it and I am in love with spreading the good word for BlackBerry because at these prices you have to be completely brainwashed to not at least consider it.
    The Playbook, as awesome as it is, is not for everyone but for 99% of people it is a great tablet that will give them everything they want and save them enough to buy a low end high definition TV.

So I would totally count them. I agree, in my view it is the best value.
    Nice work!
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 03-31-12 at 11:29 PM.
    03-31-12 11:26 PM
    BAM! 11 Playbook rescues this year!

Diane is a business acquaintance that just happened to walk in on Friday and my co-worker and I had our Playbooks out on our desk as usual. Long story short, after a conversation and showing Diane a few articles she had to have one.

Notice the new case for it. I saw these on CrackBerry on a one day sale and picked up two. I am so confident that at these prices the Playbook will do well that when I see a good deal for PB, I just order it. My friends appreciate it and I do my bit to promote RIM and CrackBerry.

I just can't help wondering how many Playbooks I could sell if I actually worked at Best Buy or some other store where people would come in and ask me what they should get. I don't know the number but it would be a BIG number.

Tomorrow I'll post the Legionnaire contest numbers and the total count for Playbooks sold.
    04-01-12 07:13 PM
    Hello Legionnaires,
    Here is the weekly standing for our competition:

There were some changes to the standings since last week. Guerllamo7 moved up to pole position, 13echo4 climbs to podium ranking in third place, and chrisy520 is one tablet away from making it to the top 10!

guerllamo7 11
    adozeneggs@aol.com 10
    13echo4 7
    deathcommand 6
    dapper37 5
    The_Adventist 5
    s7khan 4
    playbookster 4
    Jeovex 3
    double_j75 3
    christy520 2
    VanCity778 1
    sir.dangerfield 1

Current Standings 62

By the way, there have been quite a few postings by people that are not in the contest but are doing their part to help Mr. T. resume growth in the U.S. in 2012. Nice going! Legionnair contestants, we are not alone.
    When this contest started a few weeks ago I thought 100 tablets would be pretty impressive but I'm starting to feel like we are going to blow the doors off that target. Who knows, but maybe we could move ... hmmm. Lets just see what we got.

Go Mr. T!
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 04-02-12 at 10:32 AM.
    04-02-12 10:30 AM
    OK continue to discount the one my sister bought.
    04-02-12 10:52 AM
    2 Playbooks
    1 9810
    1 9900
    04-02-12 10:53 AM
    I bought 2 playbooks for our house, got my sister in Florida to buy one, a 9900 for my partner and a client, and the same client has just ordered herself a playbook. Just more people to video chat a and BBM with.
    Last edited by OriginalLucy; 04-03-12 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Redundant statement
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    04-03-12 10:19 AM
    That sounds like four. Pretty cool.
    04-05-12 09:09 AM
    That sounds like four. Pretty cool.
    I know,I use my Playbook in my office and usually have a video playing when they arrive and the questions begin.
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    04-05-12 09:22 AM
    I've been helping my physiotherapists (husband and wife team) with technology re: their expanding business - they have had BB phones for years now, so though fairly technically illiterate, they do actually know who RIM & BlackBerry are, and understand that BlackBerry's are more secure (for client's medical information, etc)

Demo'd a new calendar booking solution for them (gmail based - eg no licence costs) on laptop and PlayBook

Explained to them that a tablet might not be the right solution, and that if they go down the tablet route a PlayBook might not be the right tablet for them.....

Helped them build a Functional Specification of the product that would suit their needs....

The only tablet that met the bill? PlayBook!

They are particularly impressed by the combination of price, size and security (and DropBox/SugarSync - the husband is addicted) - and the ability to have multiple calendars running at once, and the ability to toggle on/off these individual calendars.....

And of course - 2 PlayBooks are cheaper than 1 iPad !!
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    04-05-12 01:21 PM
    Awesome story. When you look at the entire picture it is just amazing.
    04-09-12 10:08 AM
    Hello Legionnaires,
    Here is the weekly standing for our competition:

Kind of slow week but we manged to add one more to the Playbook family. Guerllamo7 added one for a total of twelve for the year.

guerllamo7 12
    adozeneggs@aol.com 10
    13echo4 7
    deathcommand 6
    dapper37 5
    The_Adventist 5
    s7khan 4
    playbookster 4
    Jeovex 3
    double_j75 3
    christy520 2
    VanCity778 1
    sir.dangerfield 1

Current Legionnaire Standings 63

Our friends Cliff, Evie and their son Kaiden are moving from Portland and they have many friends form our church that would like to keep in touch so they got a Playbook to for various reasons but mainly to video chat with us. Their son Kaiden called my son Cooper on video chat for the first time.

Pretty cool. ;)

To think you could be sitting in bed and video chatting with someone all the way across the U.S. for 199.00 is pretty cool. :D
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-09-12 10:21 AM
    I wonder if my 1 would count if it were 10?

Anyone? I don't care keep ignoring it. I'm used to being overlooked.
    04-09-12 10:32 AM
234 ... 23456 ...