kdeckels,
    Nice. I have actually move the sideloading to my laptop so I can help anyone that needs them right away. That is awesome.
    Snap51,
    It really goes fast. I was just showing my tablet to people and suddenly I was hooking them up with Playbooks.

Thuderbuck,
    That is how it starts. Who do you think sold 500k tablets last quarter? It was NOT RIM marketing. I just can't find those guys anywhere. It was us. Loyal BlackBerry fans. I believe we sold over 90% of the tablets.

Yankee495,
    You got a great deal on that tablet.

I love to see how many BlackBerry fans are spreading the word.

04-16-12 10:51 PM
    I guess I'm really at a draw, because before his playbook arrived we bridged my playbook with his tour........ Long story short, now "I'm" back to a BlackBerry phone.
    04-16-12 11:03 PM
    kdeckels,
    Nice. I have actually move the sideloading to my laptop so I can help anyone that needs them right away. That is awesome.
    Snap51,
    It really goes fast. I was just showing my tablet to people and suddenly I was hooking them up with Playbooks.

Thuderbuck,
    That is how it starts. Who do you think sold 500k tablets last quarter? It was NOT RIM marketing. I just can't find those guys anywhere. It was us. Loyal BlackBerry fans. I believe we sold over 90% of the tablets.

Yankee495,

I can't remember the last time I was so attached to a device (I was even one of the die-hards that waited up for the OS2 update back in February).

At the current prices (and my local Staples still has the $199-$249-$299 pricing), they're a steal.

I just wish Cascades would finally break cover.
    04-17-12 12:54 AM
    kdeckels,
    Snap51,

Thuderbuck,

Yankee495,

guerllamo7, Thank you. I set up box.com with a few good apps and DDPB to be able to just download them where ever I am.

I got my first 16 GB PB from cowboom 119+5 S&H +10 tax=135, grade 8 with all accessories and it did register for warranty. It looked brand new. Someone bought it and then found out it was not Android? 30 day return through cowboom.

Got my second for a friend, a 16GB for $148.xx total for open box, original manufacturer condition with all accessories and 1 year warranty. He didn't mind $13 more considering the warranty. Not cowboom. A few left, exact number unknown.

32GB sold out. Forget price but it was under $200, like $191

The third was for me, a 64GB for $236 total, open box, original manufacturer condition with all accessories and 1 year warranty. Not cowboom, 7 left.

They are not selling too fast at this place. I watched them for a week. I have a promo code for 10% off. Kind of kept it a secret. Above prices are after promo code.

Thuderbuck, WE ALL KNOW IT AIN'T BEST BUY SELLING THEM, see below.

Red Light Bleeding Issues! - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Well, maybe they are and I'm getting the returns. That is where cowbooms stock comes from.

I have some other friends out of town that I am going to go see. I told them...bla bla bla...ain't nothing like playing with one.
    Last edited by Yankee495; 04-17-12 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Corrections & Additions
    04-17-12 03:48 AM
    Man,
    What a neat little tablet. The portability, speed, web-browser are just awesome.

I often miss ThisWeek with George S. because it plays during my Church time. But, no problem now. I just finished watching the whole thing on my Playbook.
    This little guy sits open next to my computer and I find I'm relying more and more on it.

G Calendar, my calendar, VideoChat, GroovyNotes, e-mail, VoiceNotes all sit there ready for me to do anything.

Love my Playbook.

04-17-12 10:34 AM
    Yankee495,
    Wow. I've used DDBP and sideloaded a few droid apps but are you saying I can just drop them in dropbox and download them somewhere else?
    That would be neat.
    Thanks. I'm going to try that.
    04-19-12 07:33 AM
    Bam! 14 Playbooks this year. Hmmm... Maybe there is a business opportunity here. Nah, I just love helping people get this awesome tablet.

Barbara, our Youth Ministry Leader, decides to join others and get a BlackBerry Playbook.
    Helping people get their Tech On, one person at a time.

tip:
    Best Buy is completely sold out of Playbooks in my area. I went to Office Depot and they had some. They also had a 25% discount on accessories for the Playbook, when you purchase a Playbook. That deal is even better than CrackBerry (unless there is a discount).

I purchased another and a charger and a case. Normally CrackBerry is where I order all my stuff but this sale was pretty good and I was already there buying a Playbook (I think you have to get a Playbook to get the discount) so I took it. I saved about five bucks on the charging stand and about three bucks on the case.

The guy at the counter was not very sharp so he was about to discount the entire order but I warned him that the discount was only for accessories. He did not seem to care much but it mattered to me. I don't like to win by cheating. I paid 199.00 but did get the discount on accessories. Pretty cool.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 04-19-12 at 08:14 AM.
    04-19-12 08:07 AM
    Just a quick comment on Skype:
    Yes, although I never use it, some do so I hope BlackBerry gets it. However, I helped Barbara set-up her Reel Portal app on the Playbook and on her laptop and it works great.

Reel Portal is free both on AppWorld and on the web for PC or Mac. Anyone can chat on it.
    Just be careful not to push the first download button you see on your PC, it is NOT the one you need. Look for the reelportal.public download.

Also, you can use AV by AOL - Let's video chat! to video chat with up to four people on Mac or PC.

The main difference is that unlike Reel Portal you don't need to install anything but just go from the browser. However, you will need to e-mail an invitation link to the people you want to chat with so reel portal is easier if you are going to chat often.

Obviously, you could get a tablet for the other person as well, as many of us have but that may not be an option for many people so the two options above may help. Currently I have both installed on my Playbook (AV I just posted as a favorite to my home page so it sits right next to the reel portal app but it is just a browser quick launch.
    04-19-12 08:20 AM
    O.K. I'm still learning about the Playbook but I'm seriously encouraging people that get them to get the following apps installed that are not preloaded:

Reel Portal (video chat with PC, Mac, Playbook, basically everyone...)
    Nexus (Playbooks in the same network can share super easy and fast! Almost TAT like.)
    Zenio (magazines - although it may now be preloaded after OS Update)
    Scrapbook (for facebook and just fun postcard type stuff)

I also think the following are very nice:
    Splashtop (you can run your PC from it)
    Package Tracking (if you want to track shipments to friends, family, work)
    screamager (scrolling banners - good for parties)

Also, if you like to sideload android apps Goodereader.com has tons of android apps.

The app that just blew me away relative to others was Nexus! Wow! Just amazing!

I've gotten 14 people now to get Playbooks this year and I'm calling all of them to get Nexus. Further, I plan to get every person that has more than one to take a look at it. I'm excited about this app. I shared MP3s, pictures, video, word docs with my wife's PB and it is just awesome.

What a great little tablet this is.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 04-20-12 at 10:02 AM.
    04-20-12 09:58 AM
    I now have 4.

Got the wife to buy me this one for my birthday, my sister saw how much I loved it so got her husband one. My buddy at work bought one for his son now he's hooked and buying one for himself.
    Now another buddy is talking Playbook and mentioned his daughter is going to school in Montreal.

"Hey Mike did you know the Playbook does video chat?"

"Really? So if I bought her one too we could do that?"

And the truly great thing here is that I'm not trying to sell people, I just show them what it can do and they want one.
    04-20-12 07:22 PM
    The main difference is that unlike Reel Portal you don't need to install anything but just go from the browser.
    Actually, you can run ReelPortal via the browser too, ReelPortal Video Chat - Home. The app actually started out as a webclient, before I converted it to an app.
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    04-20-12 08:11 PM
    stewartj1,
    Exactly. It is just getting the word out. The Playbook is awesome and if people just see what it can do they consider it.
    Cool.
    04-21-12 09:37 AM
    reelportal,
    Hey, thank you very much for that awesome app and for clarifying the web portal option.
    I've been exposing quite a few people to the Playbook and will mention that to everyone. I like your app so much I'm actually getting everyone to install it on their PB's.
    Thanks again.
    G7
    04-21-12 09:54 AM
    Hello Legionnaires,

guerllamo7, yours truly, added two more. Barb and Lori. That brings out total to 70 Playbooks!!
    Here is the weekly update to our competition:
    guerllamo7 15
    [email protected] 10
    13echo4 7
    deathcommand 6
    dapper37 5
    The_Adventist 5
    s7khan 4
    playbookster 4
    Jeovex 3
    double_j75 5
    christy520 2
    VanCity778 1
    sir.dangerfield 1
    BigAl_BB990 2

Current Standings 70

tip:
    I've started taking pictures of people that get Playbooks from me and I love to see their smiling faces. Often when I show them one of the apps that I'm pre-loading or loading for them they get give me the big "Wow! that is awesome!". It is very rewarding to be helping so many of my friends get Playbooks. The price is just unbeatable for what you get.
    I'm pre-loading:
    Reel Portal - to easily chat with any computer (easy video chat)
    Nexus - incredibly fast way to share music, video, work files, pictures, etc. (big wow)
    Scrapbook - upload scrapbooks to facebook or save for yourself (TAT app)

I find out if they are interested in sideloaded droid apps and I often load:
    Kindle
    Words with friends
    Pandora

My friends are pretty much all set when I walk away and I always follow up a week later with them. So far, everyone has thanked me for the Playbook and tells me they are really enjoying them.

I think the key is just to let them know about it and when they respond with a shock at how awesome the price is then I tell them a few things it does I think they may like and offer to help them set it up. So far so good.

Gooooo BlackBerry!!!!!!
    04-23-12 10:40 AM
    ONE MORE:

I seen one on craigslist and bought it knowing I could pass it on.

It was new, only used for CL and sill had the 90 day support by serial.

Sold it to neighbor for $150 before dark. I'm her support and set her up right. I'll see to it she likes it. I also showed her some flaws, like when viewing a picture there is no Email or Post right in the viewer.

She loved video chat. I expect her mother to get one.
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    04-24-12 03:46 AM
    Yankee495,
    Awesome. You hooked her up. What a good deal. I hope her mom gets one as well because the videochat experience with a tablet I can use while walking behind my 11 month old boy is just awesome vs. having everyone sit in the computer room with a big computer but in any case I suggest you take a look at Reel Portal so she can VC with any PC or Mac as well.
    04-24-12 12:35 PM
    Yeah, I have Reelportal. Taught her to use BB Desktop and side load today. While I was installing stuff she picked mine up to play with...was already having withdrawals.
    04-24-12 07:54 PM
    TWO MORE:

Got the neighbor a 32GB, her 16GB going to her mother.
    Got wife 32GB, her 16GB going to friend.

Bought them last night.

32GB Price was $149.99+tax+ $5 S&H=$166.83.
    04-25-12 11:15 AM
    Yankee495,
    You are DA MAN!! Rack them up!!

Hey Everyone,
    This may be old news but I just learned this so I wanted to share.

Guess who got the top HTML5 browser honors? Yeah baby! It was the BlackBerry Playbook!!
    The HTML5 test - How well does your browser support HTML5?

04-26-12 10:49 AM
    Yeah, and OS 2.1 Beta is scoring higher than 2.0!!!

Come on BB world...Release this stuff!
    04-26-12 12:12 PM
    I pick my first Playbook up tomorrow, and i'm glad i've seen this thread.

�169 for a 16gb and �199 for 32gb is so reasonably priced. I'll be trying hardest to get my family and friends to get one so much I'm hoping they'll get one just to shut me up!
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    04-26-12 04:41 PM
    Encouraging News!
    I was at church helping the office manager that just got a Playbook three weeks ago and as I was using my Bold 9930 (she has a HTC Evo 3D) she told me "I want to get back into a BlackBerry!". I was not expecting that just yet. Pretty cool.

Barbara, the Youth Ministry Coordinator, is also looking at BlackBerry as a smartphone. She has an iPhone and said it was nice but felt she was told it could do all this stuff but she is paying for something she does not use.

My point is not to bash the other devices, but just to say that the goodwill created by the users of the Playbook is very good for BlackBerry.

I suggested that Gladys could borrow my back-up BlackBerry (Torch 9810) and try it out for a week or so. I know I love my Bold 9930 (and the Torch for that matter) but I also came back from a droid and there are some things that they do very well that BlackBerry is not focused on. I just want to make sure that she is happy with her switch.

It made me feel good about BlackBerry. The Playbook is opening a door that had slammed shut for some people that never experienced the newer devices.

Goooooo RIM !!
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 04-26-12 at 05:54 PM.
    04-26-12 05:51 PM
    7 members of my billiards team got 64GB Playbooks this month. They freaked out when I showed them the Straight Pool Sheet app a few weeks ago. That makes 24 since the Pre Christmas sale.
    04-26-12 06:06 PM
    mkelley65,
    Oh man. I think it is funny that you got so many guys to get a Playbook (64GB at that) for showing them the Straight Pool Sheet app. Good for you guys that you have such a passion about billiards. I guess I would love it more if I were any good at it.

At the current prices they are just about at the impulse buy range.

I hope you all set-up VideoChat with eachother and that you take video of your best shots and share it with BlueBox / Dropbox or even better, if you want to share video and all other stuff on the same network (maybe your pool hall has wifi or one of you has a MiFi card) try Nexus. I just fell in love with this app. It is lightning fast!

Anyway, congratulation and enjoy the Playbook and Billiards.
    04-27-12 10:35 AM
    Hi Guys

A very good friend in the US (works for a financial services consultancy) has just purchased a 32Gb PlayBook - after I spent approximately 30 minutes last week showing it to him on Skype (lots of holding it up for the webcam....)

His Kindle Fire has gone to the wife (apparently the Fire is excellent for Fashion Magazine subscriptions, but not a lot else - and he has also reclaimed his Kindle 3G back from the wife for reading novels on the train)

He loves the BB Bridge utility for fast browsing (his family home is in a 4G/LTE area) and has already set up some Virtual Access thingy so he can access his work computer (no idea what software he is using). He also loves the PrintToGo app (his work doesn't allow cloud services like DropBox, but he says he can now easily pdf documents to himself to read on the train, or at the w/e)

His three biggest gripes....
    • Reduced Excel functionality in DocsToGo (did somebody say that there is another app you can purchase to get better functionality?)
    • Just standard old-fashioned PowerPoint slides (he does a lot of presentations)
    • And, of course, no Skype

I've sent him a link to CrackBerry for hints and tips

Oh yes, and he has told his children that they don't make games for the PlayBook.... what a terrible father!

I think he only paid about $160 for his PlayBook - was that a special deal, or are they really that cheap in the US?
    04-27-12 02:54 PM
234 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD