I feel like a slacker at only 1.
    Me too my sister just ordered hers.
    03-18-12 07:19 PM
    0 converts, but I am still trying. It is a bit on the expensive side here in Brasil and we get ZERO marketing effort from RIM... ��
    03-18-12 08:23 PM
    You know Van, for a moment this thread was actually moving along in a very positive direction...
    I agree but technically Van is right. I have got some of the same friends.
    03-18-12 09:50 PM
    Stewartj1 and lbz1960,
    Everyone counts. All you can do is show them to friends and try to help the see the value. The rest is up to them. Good work.

Here is the Current Legionaire Standing (provided every Monday):
    [email protected] 10 added 2
    guerllamo7 7 added 1
    deathcommand 6
    dapper37 5
    The_Adventist 5
    s7khan 4
    playbookster 4
    13echo 4 added 2
    Jeovex 3
    double_j75 3

chrisy520 1
    VanCity778 1
    sir.dangerfield 1

Collectively 52

Wow! 52 people have gained access to an awesome tablet at an amazing price! I honestly think we could collectively "help" 500 people by years end but who knows, we may run out of steam or we could pick up steam.

I don't care what the media says, there are a ton of us that love BlackBerry! Go RIM!

P.S. Let me know if I missed someone, I'll update the list.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 03-19-12 at 12:25 PM.
    03-19-12 12:16 PM
    Tip of the week:
    Hey guys, if you want to help people get Playbooks at these low prices one technique I've used it to take it with me to class (church class but class).
    My minister is attending and sat next to me. I was typing notes and recording bits of info with GroovyNotes and she mentioned that she was impressed. Then, later on, she said she could not see the image on the projector up front and I wipped up my PB, took a picture and expanded it. She was amazed. The class was on Tuesday and this Sunday she asked if I could get her one with the case (my friend Connie, who I helped get one must have shared that with her). I'll be getting it this week and setting it up for her.

The point is that you don't need to "sell" the Playbook. By showing people all the things these awesome device can do it will sell itself. Especially when you mention the price, which I always do.
    03-19-12 12:22 PM
    I've converted one friend to the Playbook but I won't be recommending it anymore until the bugs in 2.0 are ironed out and until certain apps, which I will not name here, are made avilabile.
    03-19-12 12:58 PM
    Stewartj1 and lbz1960,
    Everyone counts. All you can do is show them to friends and try to help the see the value. The rest is up to them. Good work.

Here is the Current Legionaire Standing (provided every Monday):
    [email protected] 10 added 2
    guerllamo7 7 added 1
    deathcommand 6
    dapper37 5
    The_Adventist 5
    s7khan 4
    playbookster 4
    13echo 4 added 2
    Jeovex 3
    double_j75 3

chrisy520 1
    VanCity778 1
    sir.dangerfield 1

Collectively 52

Wow! 52 people have gained access to an awesome tablet at an amazing price! I honestly think we could collectively "help" 500 people by years end but who knows, we may run out of steam or we could pick up steam.

I don't care what the media says, there are a ton of us that love BlackBerry! Go RIM!

P.S. Let me know if I missed someone, I'll update the list.
    Its 4+1 for me now.. Day before my aunt calls me for advice when she's out in the shop to pick a tab for herself then and there..

She's not tech savvy and uses a really old laptop.. She even let go of her blackberry smartphone and switched to a a new nokia lumia..

That's when she visited my workplace and I showed her the Docstogo (since I was loading all my work documents and presentations) .. She's a HR lecturer and gives a lot of management presentations.. Bam!! Docstogo was all that was needed to sell it to her..

So obviously when she calls in for advice.. I suggested to go in for the playbook and she did for the 32gb at approx $299.. Will meet her next week for a feedback!

She owns a macbook and thinks that she'd rather carry the laptop instead of the ipad.. It's too big and not at all private to work on during an event.. And not convenient to use without support..

She shortlisted the pb and samsung tab for their smaller size and easy to carry in her bag.. I finally convinced her on the pb.. Even though I'm more impressed with android development over ipad.
    03-19-12 03:37 PM
    Okay I don't know if this counts.. But my girlfriend actually convinced one of her twitter follower to pick a pb tab on recommendation for a tab.. She uses an ipad2 herself along with a torch but lately she's been reading on my posts here at cb and now recos the pb to anyone and everyone!!

She keeps saying that she misses being able to carry her ipad2 in her hand all the time literally like I'm at it with my pb.. It's sort of a special time when she wants to use her ipad but somehow the playbook is always ready and available at hand when needed..
    03-19-12 03:43 PM
    I just put my mini "If you are considering a tablet, consider the PlayBook" tech pundit post up on my facebook page... I'm the go-to nerd for pretty much all my friends, and I'm pretty sure that if my Facebook post also propagates onto THEIR wall, a lot of their non-techie friends will also see it. A link directly to the shopblackberry.com page which is snappy looking and has useful marketing material may result in some conversions... I may never know (not tracking the link at all) but that's me, doing my part (and doing all those friends of friends a favour, when they buy a PlayBook and are really happy that they did).
    03-19-12 03:57 PM
    we may run out of steam.
    Oh no I won't. I email bombed 743 addresses this afternoon. Let's get some creative ideas to pass the word on.
    polomint likes this.
    03-19-12 06:06 PM
    Varunsain,
    I love the Bam! moment of your story. 4+1 it is.

lorax1284,
    That is a good idea. I like helping them set-up the tablet and go over what they need get done. Weather it is power point presentations, videoChat for prayer (yeah, this actually helped two people decide), taking notes in class or whatever. But every technique that works, works.

The great news is that several of the people that got one either got another or are thinking about another for family members.
    Honestly, these prices won't last forever and our friends are going to thank us big time. I hope RIM makes the choice of going for market penetration by keeping the price of this awesome little tablet at 199.00. If they get 10 million tablets out there, there will be no stopping them.
    03-19-12 06:09 PM
    A girl at my college is considering a PlayBook after seeing mine tonight! Yay
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    03-19-12 09:45 PM
    13echo4 is now at six Playbooks! Way to come back from behind!

I guess I better keep working on my minister. She wants one and it is on order but she wants me to set it up on her computer and network so hopefully I'll score another one soon. She is going to love it!

Anyway, good job at getting the word out 13echo4.

P.S. since we want our users to be supper happy not just with the price but also the experience over time, I suggest they get some kind of case for it.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 03-22-12 at 11:54 AM.
    Chrisy and 13echo4 like this.
    03-20-12 02:32 PM
    Legionnaires,
    I got Rev. Billie B. to get a Playbook! My count is now 8 for the year and only two behind [email protected].
    I totally set up her computer with PrintToGo and BB DM so she can load files, music, pics, etc.
    Rev. Billie was in a meeting when I got to church so I thought I'd make a little video with her Playbook about how to use the Playbook using my Playbook as a demonstration unit. She is a brilliant minister but is about as far from a techie as they come so I thought the video reminder would help her. Anyway, while I was making the video the office manager for the church, Gladys, was just watching me and smiling. After I got done, she said it was nice that I was helping Billie get her tech on.
    Naturally, I went into why the Playbook is so awesome and she said "it is kind of small", so I came back with it does not feel small when you are watching a movie or reading a book but look at this and I took the Playbook and dropped it in my rain coat pocket. Her reply was an immediate "I want one!".
    She is more tech saavy so we got into storage and she asked me what I had, I told her 32GB and my wife got the 64GB. She said I want the 64GB. I just ordered it for her and I already have a convertible case on order from CrackBerry.

Legionnarie Playbook count is now 53.

I also saw that Chrisy520 has a friend from school looking into one.

Thank you RIM for an awesome tablet and and a fantastic prize!
    03-22-12 10:01 AM
    I got 5 including an elderly lady. She is 88 so I guess that qualifies as elderly. She loves it. I send them all write ups of the various features so they keep up to date. The is also an 84 and 80 year old males.
    03-22-12 10:39 AM
    I know it's not much for the competition, but add me to the count! I represent Playbook loud and proud, and so far have persuaded one person to get a Playbook.

I'm in Afghanistan right now, so it's extra hard to persuade people, especially since the setup is super difficult with the poor internet here. But I set it up for him, upgraded it for him, put Kindle on it, and have offered lots of other help, including referring him to Crackberry.com. He already owned a Galaxy Tab, but after I showed him a few things (especially the multi-tasking interface), he decided to give the Tab to his grandson, and ordered himself a 64gb Playbook.

I've of course since cracked my screen, which is going to put a damper on my selling efforts, and I'm going back to the US soon. Oh well, what can you do?

Anyway, +1 for Blackberry Legionnaires!
    03-22-12 11:57 AM
    Scotter75,
    That is awesome. We are getting the word out!

With these prices I hope Playbook sales go through the roof!

Here is an idea for a marketing campaign:
    Don't get burned with a HOT tablet. Be cool with a BlackBerry Playbook.
    03-22-12 11:59 AM
    Hey, that is a crazyyy idea

I do not know if i will be able to move this in my country (price tags different and rim not really moving it here) but it worths a try lol.

I would say that we can through cb contact rim and rim can award a prize for this intermediate sales effort,like a bb10 phone or new pb lol.

Seriously i for one think i cannot have such pull as to comoete withyour 10+ pbs brought in but in anyway i always show my pb in my business meetings and some people actually did get one after.

...omg, am i discussing this??....this IS crazyy
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 03-22-12 at 01:15 PM.
    03-22-12 01:05 PM
    You guys rock!!!!
    03-22-12 02:11 PM
    currentodysseys,
    I understand the PB has a really crazy good price right now in the U.S. That is one reason we are doing this. But there are others.
    I think BlackBerry has made a choice to go for market penetration with these tablets, in order to set-up the BB10 phones for success.
    Because of this our friends and family can get an awesome tablet at an unusual discount.
    03-22-12 03:13 PM
    my count is 4 but early days .have only had it for twelve weeks but there as been lots of interest,i have 2 full time jobs one in a school and one for local government so lots of people to go at, great post by the way.
    03-22-12 03:30 PM
    13echo4 is now at six Playbooks! Way to come back from behind!

I guess I better keep working on my minister. She wants one and it is on order but she wants me to set it up on her computer and network so hopefully I'll score another one soon. She is going to love it!

Anyway, good job at getting the word out 13echo4.

P.S. since we want our users to be supper happy not just with the price but also the experience over time, I suggest they get some kind of case for it.
    I got another one. Check this out its so cool. To me anyway. A truck driver I turned on to CB last thanksgiven just ordered one. He's not a BB user. Matter of fact he uses an iphone.
    Well last thanksgiven he asked me about the PB because I am a BB user. I told him I knew nothing about them but to come here and find out all he wants to know.
    He came in today and I asked him what did he ever do. He said he wanted a PB but the email doesn't give notificactions unless you have messages open. I told him it wasn't true. He said if I could show him he would buy one. So I was playing tetris and he emailed me and we heard the chime. Needless to say he ordered the PB from Blackberry from my blackberry. His iphone was having problems connecting because he's on vzm and their service sucks here at the elevator.
    Ha eat yalls hearts out.
    03-22-12 03:39 PM
    If RIM starts paying me I'll use some of my precious time on this project. Otherwise no, I try to avoid making product recommendations to people. If they hate it, then I'm partially to blame.
    03-22-12 07:02 PM
    If RIM starts paying me I'll use some of my precious time on this project. Otherwise no, I try to avoid making product recommendations to people. If they hate it, then I'm partially to blame.
    And to think you wasted precious time just to say this. Classic
    03-22-12 07:39 PM
    13echo4,
    Awesome! good story. I got one as well. Our office manager got one for her husband last month and as I was walking out to deliver one for my church's minister she said "I want one too! My husband is not sharing his."
    Needless to say I was back on BlackBerry.com ordering one and then to CB ordering a couple of cases (CB has better prices than BB and I like supporting them since they keep us well informed). Anyway, I typically hold the PB until the cases come in and then deliver them to excited purchasers.

Here is a picture of Terry with her very own BB Playbook
    03-26-12 12:47 PM
234 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD