I'm a Playbook user and 9810 Torch owner and have been very happy over the last few years with the paring of these devices and the efficiencies of this combined hardware set. The Playbook continues to function well for 'most' of my work related needs... comparability and performance issues have begun to expand in resent months. I see this as a combination of expanded requirements from me and an aging device, no one can expect a 2 year old device like the Playbook to keep up with the our growing expectations. Time is drawing near for a replacement, sadly BB10 won't hit the Playbook... and my faith in BB to update Playbook has faded to near zero. iSO isn't my first choice, i use an iPAD sometimes for work and its not a device i choose to invest in. Windows tablets have a long long way to go so thats not an option. Android is my current focus... I suggest Playbook owners read the following review... its the first real in depth review of the Nexus 7 2 i have seen and i will have to say i'm impressed. I'm not yet running out to buy one as i'm going to hold out for the LTE and HOPEFULLY a future 64 gig model. (Hope my Playbook hangs in there!) BB blew it... BIG TIME. Playbook is an excellent device that could have made waves and offered a unique OS that employed BB10's ease of use with the integration of the extensive Android marketplace, i'm preaching to the choir on this i know....

Nexus 7 review (2013)
    07-29-13 09:45 AM
    Right now I'm using an iPad Mini in addition to my aging playbook. What I still like about the playbook is it's ability to bridge with my Z10 for blazing LTE speed. I too wish they were still making them, and updating them with higher specs.

That being said the article is interesting. As an owner of 2 previous generation Nexus 7s I AM a fan. I have since sold or traded both of mine, but this new one DOES look sweet. However like you I'm REALLY intrigued by the coming LTE model!
    07-29-13 09:52 AM
    I think about Thor's lie every time I see my PlayBook.
    07-29-13 10:00 AM
    I'm really happy with my Playbook and will probably keep it for some time providing it continues working and nothing comes along which offers something I absolutely have to have. If it does start to cause me problems then a Nexus 7 definitely sounds the way to go.

I have used Blackberry phones for years and looking to get a new phone now, given all the bad vibes around Blackberry I guess that will be an Android as well
    Carl Estes and LudwigvonKast like this.
    07-29-13 11:18 AM
    If I hadn't replaced my PB with a Nexus 10 -- also a sweeeeet device -- I would have replaced it with the next gen Nexus 7. Hell, for the price, I'm still tempted to get one anyway.
    07-29-13 11:38 AM
    I'm really going to miss my Torch/PB bridge with BB full keyboard when the time comes to replace them. The new Origami browser breathed some more life into my Playbook for now but I've started looking for the eventual replacement. So far the next gen Nexus 7 looks to be the best match for me, but if somebody else comes out with a full bridge similar to what Blackberry once had, I'll most likely buy that combo.

Had to laugh at the post where someone said every time he looks at his Playbook he thinks of Thor. I'd have to add, every time I see Thor I think of the Simpson's episode where Homer bankrupts his brother's company with his "vision" of what the market wants.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-29-13 11:56 AM
    I am so glad I'm over waiting for BB to "get it".. I am more than happy with my new ecosystem (iOS) and I have BB to thank for this. I would have never given iOS a chance if it hadn't been for Thor and his lies. 5 years ago BB was the best out there and I kept thinking like that with my fanboy faith, even when it remained in stagnation. Its so different now....want an app? Bam! just search and find. I am not talking about games either...I am talking about real productive apps.

For those of you going to say "so why do you come here if so happy with iOS yada yada..." think of it as part sadist and curious to keep reading fanboy blindness on how this once one-of-a-kind company is headed to the crapper.

BTW I still have my playbooks...and yes I still use my 64GB every day.

You reap what you sow BB....
    07-29-13 12:08 PM
    Remember "It was one of the hardest decision I had to make"
    Yeah Right
    07-29-13 12:40 PM
    I have to admit that of all the disenchanted user groups, Playbook owners are the reigning champs at holding a grudge.
    07-29-13 01:57 PM
    I am so glad I'm over waiting for BB to "get it".. I am more than happy with my new ecosystem (iOS) and I have BB to thank for this. I would have never given iOS a chance if it hadn't been for Thor and his lies. 5 years ago BB was the best out there and I kept thinking like that with my fanboy faith, even when it remained in stagnation. Its so different now....want an app? Bam! just search and find. I am not talking about games either...I am talking about real productive apps.

For those of you going to say "so why do you come here if so happy with iOS yada yada..." think of it as part sadist and curious to keep reading fanboy blindness on how this once one-of-a-kind company is headed to the crapper.

I'm right there with you. I swore I would never go with an iPhone but had no choice when my 9930 died, Sprint for whatever reason opted not to carry the Z10, & I was in no position to change carriers. I'm so glad it happened. I love the iPhone and will probably buy an iPad mini when my PlayBook dies. At this point I don't see myself ever considering another bb anything in the future despite owning nothing but BBRY devices in the past (I still think fondly of my 8330) & it's their own fault. I've seen too much I don't like since purchasing my PlayBook in 2011 for $549 + tax - particularly missed deadlines & a ridiculous tendency to answer all queries in non-committal terms such as "soon" and "right around the corner." Stating that all PlayBooks out there would get updated to BB10 was either poor communication within BBRY itself or a false representation to sell off leftover PlayBooks. Think I feel the worst for those who purchased the newer devices thru a carrier. I wish BBRY all the success in the world and pray they come thru for those who have purchased BB10 devices but I'm done...and sadly it almost feels like a death in the family.
    07-29-13 02:17 PM
    I have to admit that of all the disenchanted user groups, Playbook owners are the reigning champs at holding a grudge.
    Do you think we should just forgive and forget? If this was personal, sure, no problem. This is business and it cost me money. You bet I wont forget. I trusted a company to fulfill its promise and it did not. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
    07-29-13 02:27 PM
    Whenever I try another Android tablet, I realise (once again) how convenient Playbook OS is.
    07-29-13 03:08 PM
    Whether you choose to forgive and forget is entirely up to you. It's a matter of how much you can take before all this bitterness manifests as a health issue. There are 5 stages of grief; either move on or set aside the funds for the acid reflux medication or maybe even gastric surgery. Products come and go: it is likely that you will invest in another failed platform before your life is over. How you cope is up to you. I made peace with my Playbook and have assigned it a suitable purpose for the remaining time i own it. Next!
    07-29-13 03:38 PM
    Fair enough Kevin! Make you a deal ... Sell you and over priced house in the middle of the desert. I will promise you better windows and air conditioning ... then NOT! Want to bet whether or not you might have a grudge or two? Careful with those stones Kevin, you could find yourself standing in a glass house someday as well.
    anon(4044683) and Tazos like this.
    07-29-13 03:51 PM
    Think we can convince BlackBerry to give us a bb10 build for the Nexus 7? =)

Download Noted, a 5-star rated, native BB10 memo pad app.
    07-29-13 03:56 PM
    Wow that does look promising and like that they are making it more landscape centric like the PlayBook. Maybe BlackBerry should make a Bridge app for the Nexus 7 since they seem to love Android so much.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 03:58 PM
    Yes but with all do respect Kevin we have been getting shafted long before Thor came to power and started finger pointing at the founders.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-29-13 05:26 PM
    Whenever I try another Android tablet, I realise (once again) how convenient Playbook OS is.
    The problem is - there will be NO successor. So choose your poison. Apple, Android, Windows. But don't worry in five long years the tablet will be dead so you can wait around - it, like bb10 and OS2+ will be around soon.
    Chrysalis1156 and dmlis like this.
    07-29-13 06:17 PM
    I'm really happy with my Playbook and will probably keep it for some time providing it continues working and nothing comes along which offers something I absolutely have to have. If it does start to cause me problems then a Nexus 7 definitely sounds the way to go.

I have used Blackberry phones for years and looking to get a new phone now, given all the bad vibes around Blackberry I guess that will be an Android as well
    hey thor,,, you listenin'??? knucklehead...
    Tazos likes this.
    07-29-13 07:54 PM
    Since the PB has a high volume from its dual-front speakers, I used it as alarm to wake me up in the morning. Put Thor's wallpaper on it, so every time it rangs, I have the sudden urge to wake up and punch the sky!
    07-29-13 08:26 PM
    I've been considering getting a surface tablet. They're on sale for 349 for a 32 gig, seems like a decent price to me

My z10 is a Leafs fan
    07-29-13 08:29 PM

Good for you. Enjoy your iGulag prison ecosystem.
    07-29-13 09:36 PM
    I've been considering getting a surface tablet. They're on sale for 349 for a 32 gig, seems like a decent price to me

My z10 is a Leafs fan
    Review the differences between the Full Windows and the RT Windows tablets. The RT has fewer apps, kind of like the pb. The full runs regular windows programs.
    07-29-13 10:28 PM
    Fair enough Kevin! Make you a deal ... Sell you and over priced house in the middle of the desert. I will promise you better windows and air conditioning ... then NOT! Want to bet whether or not you might have a grudge or two? Careful with those stones Kevin, you could find yourself standing in a glass house someday as well.
    There's the rub: I would never buy an overpriced house in the desert without air conditioning. I would wait until the air conditioning was installed and that I had a chance to verify that it was functioning properly. If later on eye realized that the house turned out not to be a wise investment, even with the air conditioning, I would look to cut my losses and find another house that better suit my needs.
    07-29-13 10:53 PM
    Yes but with all do respect Kevin we have been getting shafted long before Thor came to power and started finger pointing at the founders.
    So its a case of having too much skin in the game to fold?
    07-29-13 11:00 PM
39 12