Hi all,

As part of the Save the BlackBerry PlayBook campaign a twitter account has been set up.

@savetheplaybook

If you are interested in the campaign then please follow.

Discussion on the campaign here

Users, please don't forget to take part in a poll to identify the 3-5 most desired (missing) features for the PlayBook.

Devs, there is a poll for you also.
    Last edited by gunnerfitzy; 07-25-13 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Added dev poll link
    PowderJockey likes this.
    07-25-13 04:59 AM
    For completion's sake, you might also want to add a link to the Developers Requests side of the poll as well.
    gunnerfitzy likes this.
    07-25-13 05:13 AM
    **REMINDER**

Follow @savetheplaybook and spread the word.
    gunnerfitzy likes this.
    07-29-13 04:23 AM
    2nd reminder - join on twitter to power up various actions to keep the PlayBook alive
    08-13-13 12:44 AM
    Awesome - thanks for keeping this alive! Following now. :-)

It's probably irrational for us to be so into it -- but with BlackBerry about to be purchased hopefully it stays alive longer!!!

Argh BB10

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 11:51 AM
    Awesome - thanks for keeping this alive! Following now. :-)

It's probably irrational for us to be so into it -- but with BlackBerry about to be purchased hopefully it stays alive longer!!!
    Actually achieving something might turn out to be tricky (to say the least), but trying something instead of taking it lying down is the important thing here IMHO.
    08-13-13 12:00 PM
    I definitely agree. If BlackBerry is considering a buyout, it means they need to develop some mind share in addition to marketshare... and what better way than updating their tablet!?

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    08-13-13 12:23 PM
    Blackberry already left the Playbook to die. Admit defeat and move to another platform if you want a tablet. The last thing they would ever do is resurrect a 2 year+ old tablet and throw money down the drain.

It's had it chance and failed, like many things in tech some make it some don't. Even if you have endless amounts of cash some things are better off left alone to die.

One example, is Zune Player. Even with microsoft pouring oodles of cash in it. It still died a horrible death. When something doesn't catch on and sell it never will. At least Blackberry finally had the balls to admit it's a EOL finished experiment.
    08-13-13 12:33 PM
    The last thing they would ever do is resurrect a 2 year+ old tablet and throw money down the drain.
    Nobody is trying to resurrect anything here. My goal (and somewhat the consensus in the "Action" thread if I'm not mistaken) would be to get them to help us prolong its life a little by fixing some of its more worrisome issues. The ease with which "no BB10" became "EOL" was shocking. Let them fix some of the issues of the current PB and let it THEN die gracefully...
    FF22 and gunnerfitzy like this.
    08-13-13 01:29 PM
    Nobody is trying to resurrect anything here. My goal (and somewhat the consensus in the "Action" thread if I'm not mistaken) would be to get them to help us prolong its life a little by fixing some of its more worrisome issues. The ease with which "no BB10" became "EOL" was shocking. Let them fix some of the issues of the current PB and let it THEN die gracefully...
    Don't you think they have more worrisome issues to deal with......like trying to save their jobs.
    08-13-13 02:21 PM
    Don't you think they have more worrisome issues to deal with......like trying to save their jobs.
    That's the problem with idealistic (and by definition not-realistic) plans: there are always numerous arguments against them. But the true nature of the idealist is not that he doesn't see this, but that he more or less successfully tries to ignore it...
    08-13-13 02:27 PM
    That's the problem with idealistic (and by definition not-realistic) plans: there are always numerous arguments against them. But the true nature of the idealist is not that he doesn't see this, but that he more or less successfully tries to ignore it...
    Peace! Live long and prosper
    08-13-13 02:33 PM
    Blackberry isn't going to invest another dime or man hours on it. It's finished dead over. How it is, is how it will be.

I suggest dumping it while it is worth something on eBay. Get yourself something running iOS or android. At the end the day it's going to be worthless soon.

Nothing is really being developed for it
    Anymore. As for EOL as shocking, you'd be hard pressed not to see the writing on the walls. Stock dried up from retailers and accessories in the clearance bin for over 80% off.
    08-13-13 06:11 PM
    Blackberry isn't going to invest another dime or man hours on it. It's finished dead over. How it is, is how it will be.

I suggest dumping it while it is worth something on eBay. Get yourself something running iOS or android. At the end the day it's going to be worthless soon.

Nothing is really being developed for it
    Anymore. As for EOL as shocking, you'd be hard pressed not to see the writing on the walls. Stock dried up from retailers and accessories in the clearance bin for over 80% off.
    While I agree it could have been more a lot more "It could have been a contender!" But it will not be worthless soon if you use it for things that work well. It still works great as an enlarged reader for my 9930. It still outputs excellently to my hd tv and plays sound through the bb music gateway using Kalemsoft. It may not be the best for browsing but with 3rd party browsers it works quite well. I really like Advanced Camera. There are too many games I've got for it but don't really play - not a gamer. Plays music fine.

Far from worthless. But, again, not what it could have been.
    08-13-13 07:32 PM
    Idealists are often misguided and removed from reality. Perhaps you should reconsider your interpretation of "prolong its life" with respect to the PlayBook.

It's dead Jim.
    08-13-13 08:09 PM
    Anyone know the persuasion of that Fund Manager or whatever Director who resigned was? While he was on the rim/bbry board with Thor, maybe he has a slightly different view of the pb and bridge functions? Yeah, I'm a dreamer (more song lyrics)..........
    08-13-13 11:15 PM
    Idealists are often misguided and removed from reality. Perhaps you should reconsider your interpretation of "prolong its life" with respect to the PlayBook.
    Thanks,that's actually.the motivatiion I needed right now.You can b*tch and moan about the situation all you want or you can try - against all odds - to take action. "Removed from reality", indeed...
    Last edited by Hirazi Blue; 08-14-13 at 04:46 AM. Reason: typo
    FF22 likes this.
    08-14-13 01:50 AM
    REMINDER to follow @savetheplaybook on Twitter
    09-10-13 04:42 AM