7 1.26%

99 17.81%

374 67.27%

38 6.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
06-07-12 04:06 PM
120 ... 345
tools
    lol no worries.....i just hope ive not offended any french canadians....sorry guys.
    Quois?? Comment mange d'la shnoute?? Maudit Limey!! Tabarn%&le

And don't bother trying a translator on this one, it just plain won"t work!
    05-10-12 08:10 PM
    Given the results in the poll so far then, why do so many people want 'toys not tools' when new apps come along? I mean, take the recent fanfare over the Angry Birds Space release. When it came out most were disappointed but then started asking about other games and drooling like kids.
    I was actually thinking of starting a poll like this just to have something to send to RIM that may help them see what their target demographic truly is.

Now, the million dollar (almost literally) question: Will RIM see this and use it?
    Not to start something off in this clean upto now thread.. but I was pretty excited to have Angry Birds Space.. Why not? It's a great game! All work n no play?

And for the second part.. I'm sure RIM knows their demographics.. They seem to always give the right thing at the right time.. Atleast for me.. Many might argue.. but it's not easy when you're trying to provide a work device to users from all age groups - like in here.. and try to make it work for everyone! Everyone has their own take on how to use their BB devices..

34.219178/Female/Canada
    Thanks!
    Last edited by varunsain; 05-10-12 at 11:43 PM.
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    05-10-12 11:40 PM
    lol no worries.....i just hope ive not offended any french canadians....sorry guys.
    As an English-speaking Quebecer in the minority and constantly being persecuted for speaking my mother tongue I thank you. We may soon need you again!

40+/Canada ; forgot to click on male.
    05-11-12 05:47 AM
    If you speak English in America, you have Eisenhower and the greatest generation ever to thank for that.
    There was nobody trying to stop Americans to speak English - American paranoia?

But in fact it was Eisenhower who said "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children." A great statement!

Male, 46, Germany
    05-11-12 10:43 AM
    Male, 30, Mxico.
    05-11-12 11:59 AM
    There was nobody trying to stop Americans to speak English - American paranoia?

But in fact it was Eisenhower who said "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children." A great statement!

Male, 46, Germany
    Alrighty then.
    05-11-12 12:18 PM
    Male, 40+, United States
    05-11-12 12:34 PM
    Alrighty then.
    Not to start a political discussion but when Eisenhower decided to leave office he did say that his biggest fear for the future of the US was the military-industrial complex
    05-11-12 05:57 PM
    17, Canada, male

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    05-11-12 06:01 PM
    One of the few good polls on this site. It's good to see what's what in the what what.....

Cheers from a 33 year old Canadian boy.
    05-11-12 06:44 PM
    40+ female N43.66 W79.37

Wow, I was surprised at the age group which stands in front. Never played a video game before... ever (a sometimes too serious business woman). Deleted NFS off my PB when I first got it (along with FB, Twitter, etc). THEN I read a column "Must have apps for the PB" and saw of video of NFS!! Re-loaded it and was hooked immediately. That really showed me what this PB can do, along with all the other biz stuff I use it for. Now I'm an Angry Birds fan as well. PB/RIM - I'm a fan!
    05-11-12 08:19 PM
    Male 45 Ireland
    05-12-12 04:02 AM
    Half the users here are at least 40. No wonder there's so much hate for piracy and suggestions for prune juice recipe apps.
    05-12-12 10:29 AM
    30+ male from Saudi Arabia here, good to see so many 25+ here.
    05-12-12 11:21 AM
    21, male, Indian.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk
    05-12-12 11:29 AM
    40 Canada, male. And I have a credit card that is continually used at the AppWorld

BTW, today I video taped my 5-yr old mother's day ceremony at his spanish school (Sapnish a second language) and got several questions on my little Playbook and the awesome HD video. "Yes, it does that"

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    peter9477 likes this.
    05-12-12 11:39 AM
    We're asking a/s/l now? Sounded like mIRC days to me.
    05-12-12 02:33 PM
    We're asking a/s/l now? Sounded like mIRC days to me.

haha i remember middle school when aim first came out. we would sit on our computers with dial-up internet and talk to girls in other states and that was hands down the COOLEST thing to do lol. oh to be young!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-12-12 03:00 PM
    Half the users here are at least 40. No wonder there's so much hate for piracy and suggestions for prune juice recipe apps.
    It's not so much a hate of piracy, it's the maturity level that some posters display and the ones who use damaging hacking techniques for games and social engineering (deceit). Many of us don't like the intellect level of grown people who act like uneducated, immature kids that believe they know everything and that having an opinion means disregarding having ethics and public tact. But as I said, it's a maturity thing and knowing how to control the fun and games.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound as if I'm ranting.
    06-07-12 03:34 PM
    Prune juice recipe app. low blow. lmao!

Sent from my sexy 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-07-12 04:06 PM
120 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD